Favorite Pixar actor of all time

You sure? I guess I’ve seen it only a couple times, but I was pretty sure! :confused:

Gasduude: He’s an actor. They can be pretty convincing at times. ^^ I still think he was only joking around.

Anyways, back on topic- I forgot to add Jim Varney to my humongous list. I love him- I was so sad to hear he died since it took me a while to find out, and I always loved Slinky from day 1. If they make a TS3, it won’t be the same without him. =(

Gasduude - He’s just being funny! :laughing:

Bill – Oh, wow, I feel so dumb! ( :laughing: ) I just watched it again, and you guys are completely right! I’m so sorry for doubting Patton Oswalt, and I apoligize to ou guys to! ( :blush: )

Paul Newman was good too. He’s probably my second favorite. :smiley:

thats a good list right there

I have brought back this thread as so many of you have already said.

Now that I’ve seen Ratatouille , I think Peter Sohn deserves mention as the voice of Emile.

My new list is as follows:

1. Peter O’Toole
  2. Ian Holm
  3. Patton Oswalt
  4. Brian Dennehy
  5. Steve Buscemi
  6. Paul Newman
  7. Peter Sohn
  8. John Ratzenberger
  9. Albert Brooks
  10. Brad Garrett
  11. Will Arnett
  12. Holly Hunter
  13. Craig T. Nelson
  14. Spencer Fox

Billy Crystal cracks me up. So i have to give it to him. After all he provided the voice to one of the funniest and most limited characters in Pixar history. :smiley:

Hmmm, Well I can certainly list my top favorites but I wouldn’t be able to order them I don’t think.

Peter O’Toole, Spencer Foxx, Holly Hunter, John Ratzenburger (duh), Nicholas Bird, Tim Allen, John Goodman, Jason Lee, Sarah Vowell, Wallace Shawn, Brad Bird, Andrew Stanton, Eli Fucile

I think those are my tops - don’t get me wrong there are a lot that I like but these would be my absolute favorites. A couple that almost make the list too like Craig T. Nelson, Tom Hanks, and Ellen, as well as I think Jordan Fry??? is his name. I’m also tempted to add Brett Parker, Peter Sohn, Joe Ranft, Lou Romano, Teddy Newton, Bud Luckey, and Tony Fucile but that’s as much for their roles AT Pixar as it is their roles IN the films. A lot of it is kind of based too on how much time they got - there are some that I believe would rank higher with more time and of course the number of different and types of roles they played.

Two words… John Ratzenberger! I think it’s awesome that he’s in every Pixar feature, because even though he plays a different character in each film, his voice still fits very well with each character!

I also love how Pixar staff also do voices like Bob Peterson for Roz and Brad Bird for E! :smiley:

Patton Oswalt and Peter O’Toole are tied for first due to their rolls in Ratatouille. And John Ratzenberger gets the honorary awesomeness award.

Who else has committed their voice more to the films than John Ratzenberger? :slight_smile:

Lol, I honestly think Pixar has always been good at finding the perfect voice talents for each and every one of their characters. You really can’t complain about any actor.
John Ratzenberger aside, I think one of my favorite actors who played a lead role in one of the films has got to go to Billy Crystal, with Mike Wazowski. I don’t know, some reason Mike remains one of my Pixar character favorites. I think his overall spirit, and attitude, and sense of humor, and wit always made me smile and happy. I think Billy Crystal really made his character shine.

My favorite Pixar actors? Well, I have got a lot of them, and they are all from the Incredibles. I loved them all and if I could, I would give an award to all of them.

Craig T. Nelson: When I first heard he was going to play Mr. Incredible, I thought, maybe it could work. He played him in the trailer incredibly well, and after the movie, I knew no one could have done it better. He was strong in his acting and his character (no pun intended)

Holly Hunter: I knew she was a talented actress, but she really blew me away playing the part of Helen Parr/Elastigirl. She was definetely believeable in playing a caring, go-getting, flexible, loving, super mom. She was just too incredible for words.

Sarah Vowell: I never heard of this girl when I started doing some research before the movie came out. I was really surprised when I heard a full grown woman was going to play the role of a teenager. After the movie, I came to a conclusion that Violet was my favorite character and Vowell’s acting had something to do with it. She was perfect in playing a gloomy teenager and her transition to a young Super Hero to a bloomin Violet. The chemistry between Helen and Violet and Dash and Violet was hit dead on as well.

Spencer Fox: A young boy, who did a great job playing Dashell Parr. This role demanded a lot of energy because Dash is one giant energy ball. If I could, I would compare Spencer Fox to Fed-Ex, because he delievered! The role was great and so much fun.

Eli Fucile: I loved it when he made the coo sound Jack-Jack makes. That is what made me love Jack-Jack even more.

Samuel Jackson: I’ll start by saying he has got the coolest voice I have ever heard, and he was totally funny with Frozone. He hit the part right on the money.

Jason Lee: I thought he was just giong to provide the role with Syndrome. I never thought he would play the role of Buddy’s teenage self first. He really convinced me of what his characters were. He made me love to laugh at him, and at the same time, he wanted me to boo at him because the badness of his character was there.

Elizabeth Pena: I always thought Mirage would have a higher tone in her voice, but Pena really played the sexy, vixenous character really well.

Brad Bird: He Stole the show, what can I say/ Funniest character in the entire movie. No one else has not only come up with an ingenious character, but played it perfectly was well. I just loved how his voice and his acting made Edna come alive with such force and power.

To me, Paul Newman and Owen Wilson were the best. I just LOVE how well their voices fit the characters. Paul’s voice is so perfect for a character with Doc’s complex personality. From those LOL moments in the video game (yes, he plays as Doc in the video game) to the more angry moments to the sad ones, he’s got the best voice for the job. One of the things that makes replacing him for the sequel so hard. And Owen’s enthusiastic personality makes Lightning who he is. Owen’s voice is unique. It’s got that smoothness to it that shows that Lightning is cocky and self-centered, but still works perfectly for the moments when he’s down-to-earth. Also, he’s so energetic with each scene. They are both just great, and if the characters had different voices, they wouldn’t be the same.

And we can’t forget John Ratzenberger! You know what’s weird, his voice doesn’t really sound like in the movies. I thought it would for his voice is always the same in them.

The Star Swordsman - I thought you’d have all Incredibles voices. I’d ask you to be a little more open to the other Pixar movies, but that’d be like asking me the same thing about Cars. It’s not gonna happen.

Yeah, I guess I can be a little biased, huh?

Well, since you want me to go through the entire list, I’ll do it.

Toy Story: Tim Allen hit me on the spot with his role with Buzz Lightyear.

A Bug’s Life: undecided

Toy Story 2: The girl who played Jessie. I don’t remember her name, but I believe she was the first character that made me cry in a Pixar movie.

Monsters, Inc.: Probably Billy Crystal

Finding Nemo: Easy, Ellen Degeneres. She is so completely hilarious as Dory. She had me dropping out of my seat in laughter.

Cars: Paul Newman. Must I say more? He is one of the best actors this world has ever produced.

Ratatouille: Undecided.

WALL-E: No one in particular, but I am still undecided.

Toy Story: Tom Hanks

A Bug’s Life: Joe Ranft and the guy who plays Hopper

Monsters, Inc.: Steve Busemi, and Billy Crystal tied :laughing:

Finding Nemo: Ellen Degeneres

The Incredibles: Whoever plays Violet. Sarah something?
Oh and how could I forget Samuel Jackson?!

Cars: Paul Newman and George Carlin

Ratatouille: Lou Ramano does a pretty good job with Alfredo. Patton Oswalt also does a good job with Remy by putting influence into his character.

WALL-E: Simple. Jeff Garlin. :stuck_out_tongue:

Brad Garrett is good in Finding Nemo, and Ratatouille. Especially Ratatouille. :wink:

TAMATER: Her name is Sarah Vowell. :wink:

One last thing. Larry the Cable Guy is perfect for Mater. :laughing: And Jason Lee is very good with Syndrome. Gosh! There’s so many! :shake: Oh yeah, Brad Bird is PERFECT with E. :laughing:

Bringing back a great thread! And I’m going to do the ‘favorite from each film’ format:

Toy Story: Don Rickles. When the first TS film came out, I had no idea who Rickles was or of his legendary standup career (now that I’m an adult I think he’s a genius). But even at age seven, I was blown away by how he gave one of my favorite childhood toys such power and character. And he’s continued to do that in the other films, but as you’ll see I have my own favorites for TS2 & 3.
A Bug’s Life: Kevin Spacey. In terms of being a Pixar voice, I put Spacey in the same category as Rickles: Didn’t fully appreciate him when the film came out, but now see him as a genius. As Hopper, he brings an almost John Malkovich-esque quality to the role; so underplayed but with such twisted power.
Toy Story 2: Tom Hanks. He’s brilliant in all three films, obviously, but I think TS2 is his magnum opus as Woody. Two particular scenes make this so: First of all, the scene where Jessie shows him the merchandise of him from the Woody’s Roundup days. I was surprised to recently learn that Woody’s reactions were ad-libbed by Hanks, because they fit so pefectly into the established script as well as the character. The other scene I refer to occurs right after “When She Loved Me” when Woody says “Who am I to break up the Roundup gang?”. It’s such a subtle line and could easily be overlooked, but Hanks fills it so full of nuances that I’d go so far as to say that I consider that line to my favorite Tom Hanks movie line ever.
Monsters Inc.: Billy Crystal. Even in his comedic live-action roles, he brings a surprising sincerity to all the characters he plays, and Mike Wazowski is no different, particularly during his “You’re on your own” speech in the Himalayas.
Finding Nemo: Geoffery Rush. I won’t say too much about this performance, as I’ve pretty much said it all in another thread.
The Incredibles: Elizabeth Pena, for reasons that TSS already touched on.
Cars: Larry the Cable Guy. Yes, scoff if you must, but he injected a great deal of emotion into a potentially one-note character.
Ratatouille: Peter O’Toole. Leave it to a Hollywood legend to make a film that’s mediocre at best instantly re-watchable.
WALL-E: Jeff Garlin. And not just because he has the bulk of the film’s dialogue. I just love the awe and wonder he puts into Captain McCrea when he discovers how awesome Earth is.
Up: Christopher Plummer. Not only is Plummer one of my all time favorite actors, but you really have to exert effort into recognizing him.
Toy Story 3: Ned Beatty. Upon hearing that he would be performing Lotso, I assumed that he would be using his college dean voice from Back to School to make the character seem distinguished. But then when I heard the New Orleans drawl that he used, that just made him even more distinguished and I loved that even better.

For me, I’d say Tom Hanks for his role of Woody in the Toy Story trilogy. I am a fan of some of Hank’s work like Forrest Gump and Svaing Private Ryan. I think he was perfect for the role of Woody. I can’t think of anybone who could have played Woody better than him. He brings alot of personality to the character.

I also like Willam Dafoe’s role as Gil in Finding Nemo. His deep voice makes Gil a more interesting character.