Favorite Track in the Incredibles Score

As I said, they fit great in [i]The

Incredibles[/i]. I like to know those little back-stories. :smiley:

Here is

another trivial fact for the Incredibles score. THis is from IMDB.

[i]John Barry was originally

hired to score the film in his James Bond-style, but left the project after recording only a few demo themes;

some were used for theater trailers[/i]

Hey sorry I’ve been away for so long, but Im back now.

I thought I would chime in on this discussion as I love the score. I love the Main Incredibles theme. “The Glory Days” is great. I also love “Adventure Calling” and “Bob Vs. The Omnidroid” , " 100 Mile Dash" Is just awsome and I love the amazing climactic " Saving Metroville"

I tend to like the action cues mostly.

Hey SPACEHERO! Welcome back! And yes, the action music songs in the soundtrack tend to get you! After all, it is a action movie.

Glad to hear that other people enjoy The Incredibles soundtrack, as well. :sunglasses: The action cues are cool, but I enjoy the parts of the score that start quite then build up, like Kronos Unveiled, Marital Rescue, and Missile Lock. Does anyone else?

Are you kidding? I love those too! No matter if I am listening to it on my Ipod, or listening to it while the movie is playing, I always get this adrenaline ready-rush everytime the intensity builds up in the music.

My favorite track is The Incredits! :smiley:

TSS - yeah, me too! The build up of those three songs during the movie are awesome. Even though they sort of cut one of them in half (I forget which one), it still sounds great.

JV - Good choice. I used to love that track. :sunglasses:

I am not really sure what you mean by cut in half, but there is a track in the soundtrack where it starts off the song with Bob in Huph’s office, moments away from him being fired. After that, it cuts right to the mudic where Bob and Lucius are saving people from a burning building.

I think in the movie a song is cut in half, but on the soundtrack it isn’t. I think I’m referring to either Kronos Unveiled or Marital Rescue.

Absolutely. Especially “Marital Rescue” rocks so much! :smiley:
Another favourite of mine is “Life’s Incredible Again”.

Oh you can say that again. I just listened to it. It is probably the perfect track in there that can help you relax.

Wow! No wonder it reminded me so much of 007! I had no idea they referenced so much Bond music in the soundtrack

Did anyone else happen to pick up the remixes on iTunes? The EP only ha 3 tracks. One of the remixes was by UNKLE, which I thought was pretty cool.

Also, I reaffirm my love for Incredts, and always will. shakes fist One day I will do that storyboard! :laughing:

I have heard the remixs before Haunt,but I have to say that they did not really impress me that much for me to put it on my ipod. Really cool songs though.

Has anyone actually listened to the The Incredibles soundtrack so much that they start to hear noises that shouldn’t really be there… It’s kind of cool actually, because it gives more of a “human” feel to the music. For example:

• Kronos Unveiled, at 1:23 you can hear the lady breathing in, about to play the flute. And at 1:57 you can hear the page flicking of the sheet music.

• On Lithe or Death at the very end of the track at 3:18 you can hear someone putting their instruments down.

• Lastly, on The New Babysitter at 2:03, I don’t know what that noise is. It sounds like chair scraping or something…

Anybody else have something to add?

I haven’t heard it rachel. Usually, I am so into the music, I don’t pay attention to any of the mistakes, or other stuff. Next time, I’ll try to listen for those things.

rachel - Hmm. How interesting. I often tune my ears to hear unusual, unexpected, or curious little backround noises that have been accidentally incorporated into the final soundtrack/score. I’ll have to listen for the afore-mentioned noises next time I listen to the CD! :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Cool. Yeah, see if you can hear anything else as well. I wasn’t intentionally trying to listen to the orchestra noises, but after listening to the soundtrack every day for two weeks straight, they sort of popped up. Or maybe I just listen to the soundtrack too loud? :wink:

1.7 years later and I’m still going on about this soundtrack. :stuck_out_tongue:

I found this on Amazon: The Incredibles - For Your Consideration Oscar Promo CD You may have spotted that there’s one track on that promo CD that is not on the official OST, “Meet Elastigirl”. Whether that is simply an edited version of “The Glory Days” or another track, I don’t know. I’m a real sucker for special edition releases of Pixar soundtracks, especially with music with no audio or dialogue from the movie, so I can listen to them as recorded. I was going to make a video about the tracks that didn’t make it to the original soundtrack release, but that’s fallen by the wayside. I think “Missle Lock” is really meant to be “Missile Lock”, though. :wink: As far as I know, no other soundtracks were given this FYC treatment…