Favorite Track in the Incredibles Score

I am not really sure what you mean by cut in half, but there is a track in the soundtrack where it starts off the song with Bob in Huph’s office, moments away from him being fired. After that, it cuts right to the mudic where Bob and Lucius are saving people from a burning building.

I think in the movie a song is cut in half, but on the soundtrack it isn’t. I think I’m referring to either Kronos Unveiled or Marital Rescue.

Absolutely. Especially “Marital Rescue” rocks so much! :smiley:
Another favourite of mine is “Life’s Incredible Again”.

Oh you can say that again. I just listened to it. It is probably the perfect track in there that can help you relax.

Wow! No wonder it reminded me so much of 007! I had no idea they referenced so much Bond music in the soundtrack

Did anyone else happen to pick up the remixes on iTunes? The EP only ha 3 tracks. One of the remixes was by UNKLE, which I thought was pretty cool.

Also, I reaffirm my love for Incredts, and always will. shakes fist One day I will do that storyboard! :laughing:

I have heard the remixs before Haunt,but I have to say that they did not really impress me that much for me to put it on my ipod. Really cool songs though.

Has anyone actually listened to the The Incredibles soundtrack so much that they start to hear noises that shouldn’t really be there
 It’s kind of cool actually, because it gives more of a “human” feel to the music. For example:

• Kronos Unveiled, at 1:23 you can hear the lady breathing in, about to play the flute. And at 1:57 you can hear the page flicking of the sheet music.

• On Lithe or Death at the very end of the track at 3:18 you can hear someone putting their instruments down.

• Lastly, on The New Babysitter at 2:03, I don’t know what that noise is. It sounds like chair scraping or something

Anybody else have something to add?

I haven’t heard it rachel. Usually, I am so into the music, I don’t pay attention to any of the mistakes, or other stuff. Next time, I’ll try to listen for those things.

rachel - Hmm. How interesting. I often tune my ears to hear unusual, unexpected, or curious little backround noises that have been accidentally incorporated into the final soundtrack/score. I’ll have to listen for the afore-mentioned noises next time I listen to the CD! :slight_smile:

– Mitch

Cool. Yeah, see if you can hear anything else as well. I wasn’t intentionally trying to listen to the orchestra noises, but after listening to the soundtrack every day for two weeks straight, they sort of popped up. Or maybe I just listen to the soundtrack too loud? :wink:

1.7 years later and I’m still going on about this soundtrack. :stuck_out_tongue:

I found this on Amazon: The Incredibles - For Your Consideration Oscar Promo CD You may have spotted that there’s one track on that promo CD that is not on the official OST, “Meet Elastigirl”. Whether that is simply an edited version of “The Glory Days” or another track, I don’t know. I’m a real sucker for special edition releases of Pixar soundtracks, especially with music with no audio or dialogue from the movie, so I can listen to them as recorded. I was going to make a video about the tracks that didn’t make it to the original soundtrack release, but that’s fallen by the wayside. I think “Missle Lock” is really meant to be “Missile Lock”, though. :wink: As far as I know, no other soundtracks were given this FYC treatment

I like all of them , but The Incredits are my favorite.

It’s a difficult to pinpoint one single cue as there are so many great ones.

I love the sass and swagger of Missile Lock, the super cool sixties spy sounds of Lava In The Afternoon , Off To Work and Lithe or Death - witty titles seem to be a standard with all Michael Giacchino scores.

I suppose Kronos Unveiled does it for me the most.

Although Michael Giacchino is a great composer, let’s not forget his incredible arranger and conductor Tim Simonec who transforms MG’s piano-based sketches into those full blown masterpieces we love. Simonec’s ability to take virtually any musical genre and create stunning arrangements is pretty awe inspiring

I love this soundtrack and it’s one of my favourite MG scores. Conductor/ Arranger Tim Simonec did a fantastic job of evoking a 60’s James Bond score in the same way he and MG outdid John Williams on the Medal of Honor game soundtracks.

There is an unsubstantiated rumour that John Barry who composed the majority of the James Bond scores in the 60’s and 70’s was originally pencilled in to score the soundtrack for The Incredibles before MG.

The Incredibles soundtrack is certainly full of musical quotes and homages to John Barry. The main theme is loosely based on Barry’s On Her Majesty’s Secret Service while the muted trumpets when Bob encounters Elastigirl during the opening scenes is pure Barry. The little orchestral string and brass stabs at the beginning of Bob Vs Onmidroid recall Golden Girl from Goldfinger. Kronos Unvelied is very similar to a cue from You Only LIve Twice called Space March while Road Trip echoes John Barry’s 007 theme first used in From Russia With Love.

The Incredits is a great closer to the movie and even that owes a lot to Lalo Schifrin’s Mission Impossible theme.

Apologies to those who nodded off during this posting.

It was down to the way the Incredibles was recorded. Instead of recording digitally, the score was recorded using analogue mics and onto tape with the entire orchestra in the studio. It gave the final recording a real warmth

:open_mouth: Oh man this thread will not be good for my health, I mean I can ramble on for days how much I love this soundtrack, and I can talk about every track for hours!

OK keeping it together here

It’s so funny that rachelcakes1985 would bring that up about sounds that shouldn’t be there because just the other day I noticed them for the first time. The lady that breaths can be heard quite clearly! I also noticed this on the soundtrack for Up! :slight_smile:

I LOVE the “Incredits”, as well as “Glory Days”, and “Life’s Incredible Again.”

Join the club.

BTW, a large portion of the film took inspiration from the James Bond film “You Only Live Twice”, not just the music. The posa that Syndrome’s henchmen drive around his lair in, like the one Mr. Incredible smashes, the one Elastigirl rides, are the ones used in Blofeld’s lair for trans portation in the Japan hideout. They also call Edna “E” not only because it is her initial, but they also do it in homage to Q in the Bond films, because Q makes the Bond gadgets and cars, and E makes their suits. Those Bond films are real gems, and everyone should see them. Except the Daniel Craig films, he is the worst Bond I have ever seen.