Favourite Song in WALL•E, and why?

They’re all great, but I went for Put On Your Sunday Clothes, simply because I absolutely adore the juxtoposition of such a cheery tune with the desolate wasteland that is now Earth that’s shown at the beginning of the film. Plus, it runs throughout the movie and to me, really epitomizes WALL-E as a whole.

My second favourite out of the selection is the Buy N Large jingle, which always makes me laugh with its cheesiness. :laughing: Down To Earth always reminds me of leaving the cinema and just being in awe of how amazing WALL-E is.

Down to Earth. I can’t stop listening to it… :angry:

Yeah, me too. And also the contrast between its happy nature, and then the score played after it, 2815 AD.

Bahh, Humbug. Old Scrooge here. None of the above. And I will elaborate later when I have finished this lemon and prune soup accented with garlic.

A few days ago I found myself listening to The First Date. I do not like the voices pah-pah-pah too much, but I love the music. It is one of my favorite styles - Chillout, and I like the flute in the end!
And Eve (which is in fact almost the same as Define Dancing, but has a paddish intro, slightly different sequence and it is shorter) is now my morning alarm music :smiley:

Guys, this is a thread/poll for which songs you like that have lyrics. If you want to discuss your other favourite tracks that do not have lyrics you could post it in the WALL•E Soundtrack thread, however.

“Down To Earth” because I became a big Peter Gabriel fan sometime around Wall-E’s premiere, and got all happy when I heard his voice in the end credits. :smiley: A big surprise for me, lol!

I chose Down to Earth because its lyrics so meaningful and inspiring, especially because I already had a green brain (since Finding Nemo) before listening to it.

POYSC

It got stuck in my head after I had watched Wall-E for the first time, so I was humming it in an infinite loop for about a week until I came across the song on YouTube.
Now I sing the song in an infinite loop.

But I feel kinda bad for the Pixarians who had to listen to it over and over again for four years. XD

I do NOT love BnL, as the song claims. Rather, I just sit there and soulessly watch it with no facial expression. Sound familar?

“It only takes a moment” is very good. If you live in my neighborhood, you would possibly catch an eyeful of me scootering to music on my digital recorder. That thing is always there with me, almost a part of me, like WALL·E’s. I do have Hello, Dolly songs on there, as well as my favorite intrumental song in this film, Directive A113. Foreign Contaminent is second.

Thomas Newman is an absolute genius. I liste to Directive A113 and Finding Nemo’s egg theme all day for writing inspiration. The Egg theme especially helped me with Auto’s Story at the death of Reardon. It also s crucial in the portions after the film. yeah, that’s right! Afterwards, as in epilogue!

It only Takes a Moment really grabs me. There you go.

Down to Earth I really like a lot. It’s just fun to sing along to and I like words and the melody. Although Put On Your Sunday Clothes AND BnL jingle I really like too! One that wasnt listed here that I kinda liked was La Vie En Rose. So it was hard to choose but I picked Down to Earth

I picked it for the same reasons (and because it’s so darn catchy). :smiley:

I went with Down to Earth. Recently I haven’t been able to stop listening to it! I love the melody and the lyrics are great too.

I prefer the music without lyrics but from those four I picked ‘Down to Earth.’ ‘BnL’ is just a corporate jingle so I can’t really enjoy that and the two from ‘Hello Dolly’ are not really my type of music, I will listen to them, but if I had a choice I’d pick something else. So ‘Down to Earth’ it is, it’s got great lyrics and it caps of the film perfectly.

My actual favourite piece of music in the film is ‘Desperate Eve,’ I have it set as my phone ringtone…

Incidentally, I heard La Vie En Rose at work yesterday and all I could think of was WALL-E :wink:

same here started to get teary… :cry: 2 years ago my friend died and i was listening to it and got very very sad…

I like all of them of course! But I voted for Sunday Clothes.

I went with Down To Earth cuz it’s about our beautiful planet and it nearly made me cry the first time I heard it (and it’s also my fauvorite song of all time :3)
<3

I really like all of them, except I didn’t like Bnl because it got stuck in my head waaaaaaay too much. :slight_smile: but if i listen to it today, it rocks.

“Down to Earth”, hands down. I’ve been a huge Peter Gabriel fan for years (“Solsbury Hill” just so happens to be my favourite song of all-time). I’d no idea that he’d had any involvement with WALL-E, however, until I went to see it on the big screen and heard DTE playing right there, in the end-credits. It was such a wonderful suprise, not to mention the perfect ending to the perfect film. The next day, I was online, ordering myself a copy of the soundtrack.