Finding Nemo on TV

Well, they know if they show it for a week, people will go buy the DVDs. (The few who don’t have them yet anyway. According to WIKI, it’s the best selling DVD like, ever or something.

Oh, it’s only for a week?

Oh well

i was just about to make a topic about this! its also on tonight on disney channel!

Not over here it aint!

Yup. It’s on here on disney channel in a couple hours.

in the UK?

I think they are talking about the US WALL-E.

Finding Nemo’s on TV right now if anyone is interested
 :slight_smile:
Disney Channel.

Geez, I used to check for these things every week in the TV guide, but now I dont even think of it. Guess I must be too busy with other things

Yeah, Disney Channel plays it every now and then. It’s hard to really know when, but usually they have some kind of “special event” leading up to something and they play it.

Calling all fans Down Under! The search for Nemo begins at 6:30 pm tomorrow on Channel 7! Be on the lookout for Up TV spot tie-ins and Up- themed idents, and above all, just keep swimming! :smiley:

To the top of Mount Wanna-Hock-A-Loogie!

TDIT - I’ve got a recorder, so I’ll record it, and put up all the Up idents & graphics on YT.

Thanks for lettin’ me know Andre! I hate the ads in-between, but I like Finding Nemo and I’m sure they’ll show some Up promotions.

Well, that was awesome! As predicted, there was a sponsor tie-in message at the first and last ad break, and they showed the TV spot in the first break again! This is the first time I’ve seen two movies sponsored by the same film in consecutive weeks! And like The Wild, they played the trailer over the credits again (even marking it as ‘Coming Soon’).

Those Godfreys and Fantastic furniture ads were really testing my limits, but to see Up’s marketing push ‘take off’ more than made up for it. I’m disappointed they didn’t run any channel idents yet.

Oh, and as for FN, it was great as usual. Picked up more jokes second time round, and straight after the movie week screening last week, too! I may even watch it a third time this year if I ever do a marathon before Up’s release.

In even better news, they’re playing ‘Meet the Robinsons’, another Disney animated film (which I also happen to enjoy) next week, so maybe Up will be plugged a third time!

Carl whooping voice “Woohoohoo!” :smiley:

What did any Aussies who watched the screening think of it?

I was expecting a Seven tie-in (i.e. idents, graphics, etc.) like they did when they were promoting Bolt. I was gonna record it to get the “tie-ins”, but there wasn’t any, so meh :stuck_out_tongue:

It was fun watching FN, like every other time I watch it. Found out though the ads that NSW (Sydney) gets Up on the 17th of September, compared to most states, where they get it on the 3rd. Absolutely ridiculous.

It’s a right scandal, I tell ya. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d still like you to post the Up TV spot and any Bolt idents if you still have 'em. Thanks, Phileas! :smiley:

I only watched Nemo until the second ad break, but it’s always neat for Pixar to get exposure such as this. Did they play any vignettes? That woulda been nice

There was an Up “coming up tonight” ident just before the Channel 7 news and if you want to see it I’m sure it will be played again at 5:59pm next Saturday (usually there is no break between Deal or No Deal and the Channel 7 news but on the weekends it’s different).

SA gets Up on the 10th September, to coincide with the school holidays, I think. I’m not sure if any other states get it on the 3rd, but yeah, it’s a bummer that NSW gets it on the 19th. Hey, you guys should meet up and watch Up together or something, that’s what I would do, lol!

Nada. :frowning:

Thanks for the tip.

I’m pretty sure the spot said 17th. :slight_smile:

Hm
 now that you mentioned it, Phileas does live in Sydney too
 :slight_smile:

Finding Nemo is airing on ABC this Saturday night, possibly for a big push for Ponyo next week.

Calling all Pixar fans Down Under! Channel 7 is airing Nemo at 6:30 pm tomorrow, so put on your scuba gear and prepare to wet yourself!

Hm
 that doesn’t sound right. :frowning:

Anyway, it may be too early to hope for any Toy Story 3 spots. If anything, their marketing division is preoccupied with Pixar’s ‘rival’, and most likely will air ads for HTTYD to the young 'uns. But you never know
 :wink: