Finding Nemo's Sister

wow a mermaid skeleton…just another puzzle piece to go along with their parents meeting.

Yeah, its sort of like a subplot alongside the main idea. I didn’t want it to be too easy and too short of a story. And this puzzle piece will interfere with the main plot, like something else is going on…

Just red all the chapters, and you really got a interesting idea there ! Perhaps it could’ve been a “Finding Nemo 2”. :smiley:

Cool, looks like you’ve added some conflict! I have a feeling that’s not the last we’ll hear of mermaid bones…

:astonished: Wow, I got a good variety of commenters here! Thank you, everyone, and I hope you stay for more. :smiley:

Eight:

What a coincidence, pondered Coral, that my daughter’s friend apparently has the same name I chose to name the son I lost long ago. But it couldn’t have been the same one. Marlin died trying to protect me. And the barracuda obviously got the rest. It must be a coincidence. There has bound to be someone else with that name.
After a good morning’s swim, and doing hours of work at the museum, Coral knew it was time to pick up her daughter.
Maybe Nelle got along great with this kid because he had the same name as I said her lost brother was, she thought. Perhaps Nelle really believed that he would be like a brother.
Well, whatever the reason, I’m just glad that Nelle’s finally making friends. What does it matter if the name is strikingly and painfully familiar?

Coral shook that worry out of her head, and swam on, following the directions to the right anemone.

“Hello, I’m here to pick up Nelle,” said Coral. The she realized how familiar this Nemo’s dad looked. It can’t be…
“Oh, they just came back,” Marlin answered.
Even the voice sounds like…
“Came back? From where?”
“Uh, nowhere. They were just hanging out,” said Marlin. Then he hollered to Nelle, “Nelle, your mom’s here!”
Then they both looked at each other. It started as just a glance, which turned into a look, until their eyes were locked at each other.
“It’s not polite to stare,” Coral stated.
“I’m sorry, it’s just…” Marlin started.
“Oh, no no no, I didn’t want to accuse you of anything, it’s not trouble, I mean…but I know, I’m still staring,” Coral blurted. “Have we met?”
Nemo and Nelle spied on them, hidden behind the sponges. They smiled and winked at each other. It’s working.
“I think so, Coral,” Marlin murmured.
‘What? Did you call me…?" Coral gasped. That voice, that look, that personality…and he knows my name…I could have sworn that…
“I’m sorry, it’s just that you–you remind me of someone,” Marlin stuttered.
“Hmm…you bear a striking resemblence to…Marlin. Hello, Marlin, it’s me,” Coral grinned. Happiness glittered over her.
“Coral? You’re alive?” Marlin couldn’t believe it. Maybe there really was such thing as magic. Maybe miracles do happen after all.
“How did you-?”
“How did you-?”
Nemo and Nelle, watching it all, were extremely joyful. I haven’t seen this much happiness since forever.
“Oh, Marlin! You even named your son Nemo!” Coral smiled, because he had remembered what she wanted.
“Our son,” Marlin corrected.
“Right. Nelle’s always wished for a brother, and now it turns out she has one.”
“Coral, I really missed you.”
“And I, you, Marlin. When I saw you fighting that barracuda, I thought you were done for. When I came back, you were gone.”
“When I woke up and saw it was all empty except for who is now Nemo, well, I had no idea-”
“But none of that matters now.”
The children, still listening in, “thought” to each other, We’re gonna be a family in no time!
“Do you think the kids knew?” mumbled Marlin.
"They set it up, didn’t they? " Coral laughed. “But I’m glad they did. Well, I best be getting home. Come on, Nelle.”
Nelle came out from hiding, flipping with excitement, and swam to her mother. “Did I forget to tell you I’m your daughter?” she giggled to her father.
“Yep, they knew, all right,” said Coral. “See you tomorrow?”
"It’s a date,’ agreed Marlin. Then they kissed their first kiss in years.
Nelle and Nemo watched in amazement. This was a moment they’ve both been dreaming of.

Maaaannn…couldn’t that just be the end.

Perfect timing…i just say Finding Nemo tonight. (sighs)…great movie

Some how that mermaind will be the trouble of the whole story.

Aww neat! The moment I’ve been waiting for since you started this! Finally Marling and Coral are aware of each other! I tried visualizing it but even I had trouble imagining how much joy Marlin would feel during that scene. I hope that’s not the end. I enjoyed reading it.

Nine:

The next day, Nemo had to go to school again. Usually, he would have been hyper to go to school, but this time was different. He wanted to stay home and be with his mom when she came again.
“Don’t worry, Nemo, the date isn’t until after you’re done with school,” said Marlin. “You’ll have plenty of time to hang out with your sister later.”

While waiting for school to start, Nemo wondered, What does Nelle do all this time? Just look at the treasures over and over?
“Hey, Nemo!” his friends Squirt, Pearl, Tad, and Sheldon hollered. “Wanna play tag?”
“Um, sure,” said Nemo. But throughout the day, there were two thoughts on his mind: one was about how happy he was to have a family, and the second was concerning the mermaid skeleton.
He even spilled the secret of the mermaid remains to his friends. But he left out the location.
“Where is it? I wanna see!” said Tad.
“It would be so cool if you could show the class. You could be really popular,” indicated Pearl.
“Um, I’d rather not…” murmured Nemo nervously.
“Oh, c’mon Nemo! It’s bad luck to keep things bottled up,” said Squirt.
“It is? I never knew that.”
“It is. It’s bad luck to keep secrets that big,” nodded Sheldon.
“Isn’t that just a s-sup-er-sti-tion?” inquired Nemo, spreading out the last word as he tried to pronounce it correctly.
“Keeping secrets are like lies. They’ll creep up on you sooner or later. And it’s kinda selfish,” agreed Tad.
“So are you gonna show us or not?” asked Pearl.
“Bad luck? Lies? Selfish?” Nemo thought to himself. It was Nelle who wanted it kept secret. But she couldn’t have intended to gain bad luck, to lie, or to be selfish. Why is it so important that no one knows, anyway?

That afternoon, when Coral arrived, Nemo couldn’t contain his eager excitement for seeing the other half of the family. The broken family could once again be bonded, and his wish would be completely granted.
But it seemed that an unexpected visitor showed up at the worst time ever.
“Who’s this?” questioned Coral, indicating to the friendly, naiive blue tang fish, innocently waving.
“Oh, this is-” Marlin started.
“Hi, I’m Dory,” chirped the cheerful fish.
“Dory,” muttered Marlin as he glared at Dory for showing up at this time.
“What is she doing here?” Coral demanded. “You said we’d be alone, just the two of us.”
“Coral, listen, she’s just a friend. Nothing much happened, she helped me, and I helped her, and she’s just-”
“Just what?” glowered Coral. Then her glare faded. “I’m- I’m sorry. It’s been so long, and I-I understand that you wanted to move on when I was gone. It’s just that…” She sighed. “Marlin, I’m sorry. I think I’m going to go home tonight. It’s been so long without a real relationship, that I think I need to settle down. It’s too much to take in right now.”
“Coral, wait, let me explain…” Marlin cried. But Coral just turned around and left, holding Nelle firmly by the fin and practically dragging her away.
Coral sighed, “We might be able to pick this up again. But at least for now, I think it’s best I go home.”
Nelle worriedly looked back at her brother. Well that didn’t go well at all.
Will we ever see each other again? Will things get better? Nemo secretly “said” hopefullly.
Nelle glanced back again sadly and whispered, “Bye.”
“Bye,” Nemo echoed back. He was crying. That’s it? After all the excitement, it’s just over like that? Can’t this silly mistake be easily covered up?
“Well, she seems nice,” smiled Dory. “Too bad she had to leave so soon.”
Marlin and Nemo both moaned and entered the anemone sorrowfully.
“Wait, what’s wrong?” frowned Dory. “Was it something I said?”
“Never mind, Dory. We just needed some time by ourselves,” replied Marlin, his frustration melting to just lost hope.
The next few days, Coral did not return to Marlin’s home. Marln little by little began to lose hope of them getting back together again.
Both Nemo and Nelle persistantly had the same thought: It wasn’t too late to repair their wrecked family. Even if it meant doing crazy things just to get them together again…

oh man what a letdown for nemo…that was unfotunite.
Hopefully the relationship will repair itself…

Wow that was quick. One look at Dory and Coral was off. She seemed to jump to conclusions really fast. I certainly hope you can get them back together. Marlin & Coral, I mean.

Thanks for your comment, lennonluvr9. To be honest, I was waiting for you before I moved on. Yeah, I guess what Coral did was a bit too quick and not that credible. Maybe I should lengthen it a bit or something, and get more into Coral’s history and emotions to back up that action. :confused:
Chapter ten coming soon!

Aww thanks. I hope I wasnt holding you up. You dont have to wait for me, if I get behind, I’ll catch up :slight_smile: But thanks!

Ten:

Nelle immediately questioned, “Why’d you have to do that, Mom? Why did we have to leave so soon? You didn’t even wait for them to explain.”
“I never realized that we were just rushing into things,” said Coral. “And if Marlin had moved on, then why must we ruin the flow now?”
“What?” Nelle yelled. “That’s a lame excuse. I know the real reason you left- you’ve forgotten all about how happy you were together back then. You’ve forgotten how love feels like. You’re just all about work now.”
“Nelle, listen to me,” Coral ordered. “You are too young to get this deep into this. You weren’t even hatched back then. You don’t know what I’ve been through long ago.”
“I would if you’d tell me,” Nelle said as she angrily took her fin out of her mother’s.
“Nelle,” Coral said sharply. “I know you’re upset, but let’s face it. I’ve moved on. But now that it’s all back, I can’t adjust to anything new anymore.”
“You never care,” Nelle grumbled. “You didn’t care that I’ve made a new friend that just happened to be my brother, and now you just took us apart. You never listened when I wished on that shooting star. You didn’t care that I was bored and alone all the time- and that you never made time for me. You don’t even care that we could have been a family again. And you won’t tell me why.”
She swam away in a fit, leaving Coral speechless. “Nelle,” she called, following her rushing daughter. “Nelle, I’m sorry, I never knew it’d hurt you so much…” However, Nelle was gone far from the anemone.

Nelle swam, crying all the way to the secret cavern. All the glittery treasures and fancy things- they were empty to her. The whole cavern was just an empty room, a reflection to Nelle’s current emotion.
She was all alone, giving herself time to think- and to draw back memories.
She remembered…wishing on that shooting star that something interesting would happen someday. Something new, and beyond her imagination. When she had met Nemo, she thought it was a dream come true. Now it must have just been a fantasy. So close but now shattered.
All because of her mother. All because Coral just had to leave so quick without an explanation. Why?
Nelle looked through her treasures. There was an old picture frame, made by humans from above the waters, and it contained a photograph of a family. A happy family- with nothing to disturb them.
And Christmas ornaments- there was one with a woman and a man, looking lovingly over a manger, along with animals and people bowing near the manger. Nelle wished she knew the story behind it. They had not a hint of sadness in them.
She also examined an interesting knickknack- an ark full of tons of creatures. And there was a couple of every type. Some even had offspring. Each one, even though they looked unusual, at least had no separation.
Why couldn’t her family be like that? Simply happy to be together. No business getting in the way or secret stories behind everything.
Nelle was just about ready to cry herself to sleep in the cavern, when she noticed in horror that the mermaid skeleton had vanished.

“Dad, why did Mom leave?” Nemo cried.
“I’m sure she has a good reason,” Marlin said, trying to convince himself so.
“Was it because of Dory?” Nemo asked, afraid of the answer.
“No, it was something else that bothered her. We had this little connection through eyes there- it was weird. Something else,” Marlin said.
“It was bad luck,” Nemo murmured to himself. “Maybe it really was.”

In the dimness, a human hand reached out, positioned to grab something. It’s long, thin fingers and sharp, polished nails were pointed, moving slowly foward to reach for something. Preparing to take hold of something. It had a glowing green bracelet with broken shells and stones hanging on the wrist. It got closer and closer until…
Nelle nearly screamed as she broke out of her dream. It was surely a dream. She had seen the creepy hand, the owner unseen, for about a nanosecond before it was gone. The darkness of the cavern was closing in on her; she was the only one there.

The hand was not done just yet. Determined to reach for something, it crept in the deep blue space underwater, the bracelet dangling, the fingers reaching. The hand belonged to someone, but all that was visible of the owner was a blurred shadow, swimming foward. The face was covered in dark shadows of the night, but the sharp, glowing eyes- human eyes- were wide awake, and aiming just like the hand. 
A slight view of a fin, flipping through the waters, in the same direction as the hand, could be seen. The other hand was along the side of the body. The figure swam foward, foward, foward, reaching for something, swimming up. It seemed as if to be reaching for the sky, above the surface. Then it slowly sank willingly down, letting itself move lower, and...

Nemo yelped as he broke out of his sleep. He had seen it all. The human hand, the pointed fingers, the sharp eyes, knowing exactly what it was looking for, the dark, shaded fins in the dark. 
"Shh...it was just a dream," Marlin reassured. 
"It was a...a...." Nemo panted. 
"A dream," Marlin said firmly. "Go back to sleep. You know dreams are just dreams." 
"Like your dream," Nemo said quietly, "remember, about you and Mom..." then he realized that was not a good thing to say. 
"Well, Nemo, I'm sorry to tell you this, but it looks like there is no magic going on right now. I mean, the Little Mermaid liked to dream of something else- look what happened to her." 
"You told me they lived happily ever after," Nemo whispered, but he must have said it so softly Marlin didn't hear. Nemo didn't dare repeat anything, or say anything else. But something flickered in his mind and a chill hit him for a moment at the mention of mermaids.

uh-oh…that hand gave me the creeps. Its not a skeleton and a human couldn’t possible want to harm fish…it racks my brain just trying to conclude to any possibility other then this; The treasure is haunted with the ghost of a mermaid. (nuts huh :smiley: )

Wow. Is this supposed ‘ghost of the mermaid skelaton’ any particular mermaid I’m familiar with? I dont know, it just threw me with Marlin’s “look what happened to her” remark

Whoa, I’m so sorry for the delay, guys. I hope you didn’t mind the little twist added. Here’s a new update.

Eleven:

Nemo should have been excited for this field trip, but his mind was too troubled over his wish being smashed to pieces. His mom had left already…why? Did she evern realize that Dory had helped his dad find him, practically saved his life? Surely if Mom knew that she wouldn’t have left, he thought.
His friends played around early in the morning, and invited to join them. But simply said, “No” as he downheartedly waited by himself.
“Hey Nemo, what’s wrong?” asked Squirt. “Doncha wanna play Sardines with us?”
“Or Sharks and Minnows?” added Sheldon.
“Or Marco Polo?” Pearl piped in.
“I thought we were playing Treasure Hunt,” said Tad.
“Nah, I can’t think straight,” replied Nemo.
“Then play without thinking,” said Tad. “Ow!” Sheldon had hit hit with his tail for not noticing how sad Nemo seemed.
“It’s just that- Mom came back, but she just left,” Nemo mumbled.
“What?” Squirt said. “Your mom came back?”
“Yeah, but she left when she saw Dory,” grumbled Nemo.
“Why?” Pearl asked out of curiosity.
“I don’t know, but it’s not fair because I always wanted us to be a family again,” Nemo complained.
Suddenly, Mr. Ray came in, singing enthusiastically and cheerfully. The excited children climbed aboard quickly, the five friends together.
“Well, I hope everything will be alright,” Squirt hoped.
“Thanks,” Nemo answered. “Well, I guess looking at pirate and mermaid stuff will keep my mind off it.”

The class was allowed to split up into groups to look around and Nemo gladly stuck with his pals. Then something hit him: Nemo remembered that Nelle told him their mother worked here. “Uh, guys, can you wait in this section? I’m gonna check something out by myself real fast.”
Before any of them ould object, he disappeared, searching for Coral.
“Mom? Mo-om? Mom…are you here?” he called, hoping not to draw attention.
There Coral was, right next to an exhibit surounded by great crowds. “Mom!” Nemo pushed his way in.
“Nemo?” Coral turned to see her son there. “Nemo, what are you doing here?”
“I’m on a field trip. You really work here, like Nelle said?”
“Yes,” Coral nodded.
“Where’s Nelle?”
“That’s the problem. She left- swam away. I don’t know where she is; she’s still gone now,” Coral sighed. “Nemo, you’re not mad at me, too, are you? I’ve been a terrible mother, I know.”
“Kinda,” Nemo said uneasily. “I mean, about you leaving when Dory came, not about you saving me and Nelle’s life.”
“Your father told you that, huh?” Coral smiled.
“Yep. But did you know that Dory helped Dad search the ocean for me?”
“She did? Oh, dear, then I owe Dory a big apology. I must’ve hurt her feelings by leaving when she arrived.”
“Don’t worry. I have a feeling Dory’s gonna forgive and forget that easily. Really.”
“Oh, I still feel so bad about leaving. Just because I was too apprehensive. Now Nelle’s gone, and I- wait, did you say search the OCEAN? Nemo?”
Nemo had left.
He now got a good look at what was in that exhibit, and became really surprised. It was the mermaid skeleton.

He was about to go back to his friends, but he got lost. That was when he noticed Dory was also there.
“Dory! W-what are you doing here?” Nemo stammered.
“Me?” Dory said. “Oh, just checking out the place, Orlando.”
“Nemo,” Nemo corrected.
“Nemo,” Dory repeated. Well, this place is fulll of ooohs and ahhhs and wows. Did I mention wows? Hey, look, a button! Well it’s too bad I can’t read that it says…do…not…t…t…uh, toque? tou…spelled like ‘touch’, so it must be…tookh. That’s weird, wonder what that means. Only one way to find out."
“Wait! Dory, why are we the only ones here? What’s that sign say?”
“Oh, it says, um, off-li- lih-mm-ites.”
“Off limits?!”
Then she pressed it.
“Ahhhh!” Nemo was swept through a secret portal to what looked like a dark basement tank. Then he spotted Nelle.
“Don’t tell anyone I’m in here, okay?” his sister requested.
“Why? Mom’s worried about you missing-”
“Oh, really? She’s been so preoccupied with work that everyday I’m always gone and she doesn’t cars,” Nelle vented.
“She saved our lives, remember that,” Nemo indicated.
“Now she couldn’t care less,” Nelle fumed.
“How do you know that-?” Nemo began, but he decided to discuss something else. “Another thing, the- the mermaid skeleton’a out there-” Nemo stuttered.
“Yeah, you turned it in, didn’t you?” Nelle accused. “I trusted you to keep my secret, but no, you wanted to share it with the rest of the sea.”
“No I didn’t,” Nemo protested.
“How else could it have gotten in?” Nelle questioned.
“I don’t know,” Nemo admitted. “Plus, I had this weird nightmare yesterday…”
“Me, too,” Nelle said. “Mine was scary. There was this- this human hand…” She shuddered.
“And it had sharp fingernaisl, and this bracelet…”
“What? We had the same dream?” Nell gasped, surprised.
“Yeah, I guess so. Maybe we have tele…telepa-thh-ay-y,” Nemo struggled to prounounce correctly.
“Telepathy?”
“Yep.”
“Oh, I found this cool thingy,” Nelle said as she brought out a strange modern human object. “It’s called an underwater video camera.”
“How’d you know?”
“I got Dory to read the digital manual for me. You wouldn’t believe how long it took her.”
“Digita- what?” Nemo asked, confused.
“Look, it records stuff that’s happened when you’re not looking. You just have to press the right buttons,” Nelle remarked.
“Cool, we can try it out at night, in the cave of yours.”
“Why?”
“To see who’s been stealing that mermaid skeleton. It’s not me. And they might steal other stuff, too.”
“Maybe…okay. I’ll try it tonight. You better go finish your field trip. See you later.”

Nemo found his way out, and passed by Dory, exiting the off-limits room.
“That’s just nonsense,” Dory giggled to herself. “Why shouldn’t a button be touched? That’s what they’re for!”
“Yeah, and why have a sign when no fish can read it right?” Nemo mumbled to himself.
When he reunited with his friends, they demanded where he’s been. “I was looking for my mom,” Nemo explained. “She works here.” That’s as much as he dared to tell.
The rest of the field trip was a blur because of Nemo’s anxiety to find out who was messing with that mermaid skeleton.

That night, Nemo heard soft, rustling noises. He pretended to sleep while he strained to listen hard. He peeked his eyes open to see a blurry shadow- half human, it seemed. After a blink, it turned out to be just the darkness playing tricks on his mind. He tried to stay awake, but eventually lost the battle with his drowsiness.
While he was lightly sleeping, he heard the faintest sound he had ever heard- it sounded like- music. Indistinct, soft, haunting music. It was like someone was gently vocalizing a lullaby in another language.
Thlitigail narmosede calingkisdelle” a voice seemed to sing/whisper. It made no sense, but Nemo was now too lazy to make it out. The song was mysterious and beautiful at the same time.
Whsisofiduia…Thrilitigail…”
The words sounded so strange and foreign, but maybe it was just because Nemo was too tired to hear it correctly. Soon, he thought, Nelle would know what’s going on.

Great chapter…i loved the way you sorta worked out the kinks. It appears that the family is starting to come back together.

Review 9/10

Great chapter full of intriging developments and plot changes. Well written.

Neat! At least something’s been worked out. I think. Now the fam just needs to resolve it’s issues and come back together. Oh yes, and there’s that mermaid thing going on…

Twelve:

Coral spent the night unconfortably alone. The museum was supposed to be closed, but she stayed in late. She had checked her home already- and Nelle was still gone. She had decided to stay in the museum to clean up, even though it wasn’t even filthy.
It was just an excuse. An excuse she made up to fool herself. But this clownfish couldn’t push away the fact that she stayed in because to see if this was where Nelle hung out all the time.
Then the ocean outside grew dark as night fell like a spread of a blanket. She forgot all about her plan to go home when it got dark- because there was something that caught her eye.
It was a rusting sound. She thought there must have been an intruder, so she followed the sound. Then it led her to see that in one open corner of the reef was something glowing.
That was certainly strange, she thought.
As she approached it, the glowing faded and she heard what sounded like a sorrowful song. The words didn’t even sound like words, but it must have carried with it some kind of spell because it made her kind of drowsy…
Coral snapped out of her sleep and puzzledly looked around. She was in the mermaid exhibit, and everything was where it should have been. Except that one weird thingymajiggy…
Then she paused as something hit her.
There was a human’s piece of technology snuck in the exhibit. If only she could remember what it was called, or at least what it did…
Oh, never mind that! It’s probably there to bait me. Besides, I can’t stop thinking about Nelle, and Nemo, and Marlin. I have been working for so long in my life to make something of myself, that I’ve forgotten how wonderful love feels. And I regret rejecting my chance to get it back…
Coral decided maybe it was about time to give up and go home, so she brushed past the kelp that hung for a fancy door, into the bright, instant light outside. It was morning.

Nemo got up early in the morning, before school, and sneakily swam out of the anemone. He knew there would be serious consequences from his father later, but maybe if the family got together again later (which he was sure would happen, having faith in magic), it wouldn’t matter.
He searched the secret cavern for Nelle- she wasn’t there. Strange. She usually hung out in this place.
He searched the park (he had memorized the way there from going there so often with Dory and Marlin) - maybe she decided to play around. No sign of her there.
Dad would freak out if he knew what I was doing right now, Nemo laughed in his head. Then shock hit him like a current of cold water. What were the chances that another diver came down…or a dangerous fish…or…
Or worse…what if that’s what happened to Nelle?
Just then, he turned to find himself face to face with…himself?? No, wait, it was-
“Nelle!” He was relieved to see his identical twin right there. “I went to the secret place and you weren’t there, and…”
“Nemo, there’s something I think you should see…” Nelle whispered. “Remember that underwater video camera? I didn’t set it up in the cave because I wanted to record stuff that happens in the museum. I thought it was about time to move on from that mermaid stuff, and maybe the museum
would be much more interesting…and, well, you should see this.”

By the time they were right outside the museum’s reef, Nemo asked, “How do we get in if it’s closed?”
“We sneak in, silly,” Nelle answered. “Since Mom works here, I learned a lot of stuff by myself. It’s real easy to sneak in. Nobody can even catch you if no one’s volunteered for night shift.”
“Huh?”
“Just follow me.”

Coral had just left. Her memories were playing in her head. In her mind, she was reliving those moments- from when she first met Marlin to now. It never occured to me that after I saved the life of one of our kids, I didn’t do such a great job as a parent alone.
She swam home when she realized there was one place Nelle just might be- the old abandoned cave that she happened to find not too long ago. Nelle was really adventurous, she knew, and was used to discovering new places alone. The odds of Nelle dwelling in the old cave were highly likely.

Nelle and Nemo came to the mermaid skeleton, protected by a transparent glass tank. Nelle found the underwater video camera lying on the floor.
“Here, look at this.” She pressed the “PLAY” button with her fin.
Nemo stared at the rewinded scene.
It showed that there was something moving in the dark. Then something speeded by in a flash.
“There! Did you see that?” Nelle inquired anxiously.
“Run it back again!” Nemo exclaimed. Nelle pressed the button again and played it.
“See it now?” she asked impatiently.
“No…”
Nelle sighed, then pressed it again and played it in slower motion…
It was clearly a human body, most likely another nosy diver here to steal something from the sea again. At least, that’s what Nemo thought at first look.
Then he reaized the peculier part. It couldn’t have been a diver- not with that long tail…tail?
It was zoomed in to show blurred scales, and the flexible tail pushed the humanlike body foward. And on the arms were clear-blue fins. And on the wrist was a silver bracelet. The figure’s hair was long and flowing.
Now he got what it was. A mermaid. A real, live mermaid.
Maybe if this gets shown in the museum, it would have enough business for Mom to take a break, and then she wouldn’t have to think about work so much…and maybe then we could maybe be a family after all, Nemo thought excitedly. Nelle couldn’t say no to this idea.

wow…a real mermaid. Hmmm…didn’t that see that one coming.

Great job developing the story with the new chapter BDD

Review 8.5/10

For a developement chapter its very good. I can sense the amount of time you spent on it so its not as good as a full adventure chapter that requires exact punctuation and description. Still a great development chapter.
It seems like Coral has become what Marlin was at the beggining of Finding Nemo…protective and hard shelled.