Funny extra on DVD

The Star Swordsman - I know, it’s great! And it also just goes to show that all of the animators/artists and employees and Pixar are just big kids at heart. They still do fun things like decorate their offices up like tiki huts or do sock puppet plays for the heck of it. Great stuff. (snigger) :wink:

Another extra I like happens to be an easter egg. THis is where both Bob and Dash fight for the remote control like a normal family. Only this time, they have super powers. The second time was with Bob and Lucius. That one was funny too. I still wish they’d do one with Violet and Helen.

The Star Swordsman - Haha – yeah, I was just thinking of that one.

And actually, they did do one with Violet. She conjures up a force field to block her pesky brother from grabbing the remote or…something. They only showed it on The Disney Channel for a limited amount of time, however.

There was also a (DSL?) commercial in which Dash had to do an assignment on The Great Wall of China. Instead of searching for a picture of it on the internet (their internet, moreover, having an extremely slow connection), he just raced all the way to China in a matter of two seconds and got a shot of the wall with his camera. I even remember the dialogue after he got the picture…

“You finished your homework already?” - Helen
“Yeah, but we need a way faster connection.” - Dash

I was pretty funny, actually. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

TSS – Wow, I’ve never heard of that! Where was it?

I do remember one egg with Bob dancing…it was pretty short, but funny all the same! :laughing:

It is on the second disc of the TI DVD. At the main menu, highlight “Behind the Scenes” and press Enter. At the next menu, highlight “Publicity” and press Enter. At the next menu, highlight “Play All” and wait until an icon appears at the upper right of the screen. Press the up arrow button, then press Enter, and you’ll see a few seconds of an animated clip with Dash and Mr. Incredible. Do that a second time and Mr. Incredible and Frozone show.

Ah…cool! I’ll have to check that out! :smiley:

Gasduude - And to see the “dancing Bob” one you were talking about:

Insert the first disc of The Incredibles dvd, go to the “Commentaries” section, and wait a few seconds until you see an icon of Mr. Incredible appear before clicking on it.

As you can see, you’re not the only geek, The Star Swordsman. :stuck_out_tongue: (laughs)

I was like, What? when I first saw it. I was expecting more, but it is an easter egg. I still found it hilarious.

Mitch – Thanks, but I already knew where that one was…that’s why I was so suprised by TSS’s.

The Star Swordsman - I know – it rather took me by surprise, as well. Nevertheless, it was funny…like you said. :wink:

Gasduude - Ahh…so you already know! Heheh – my mistake.

I know. Once again, you are welcome.

Mitch – No problem! You’re very generous! :smiley:
That scenes wierd becauese, if I remember correctly, he’s wearing his Glory Day suit…and then there’s great lighting. So you’re like “What the…” :laughing:

I am not sure if there was lightning in that one. Just him and the music and the dancing.

TSS – No: “Lighting”…what I meant is the lighting is really spectacular. :smiley:

Mitch: To clearify everything you said, let me explain it.

The Violet one you speak is a Mcdonalds commercial, featuring Violet and Dash. Dash was using the mcdonald toys to show the cashier what the final battle against the Omnidroid and Syndrome was like. After he claimed “how he saved the day”, Violet appeared, smiling. She was like “Oh really?” Violet raised her arms up and trapped Dash inside a levitating force field. And then, after a display of the Mcdonalds toys, Violet started to walk away with a tray of food in her hand. Dash, still trapped inside, yelled
“Hey, no force field!” With a snap of her fingers, Violet released his brother from the force field. He fell to the floor.

And yes, the commercial is from the DSL company. I actually have it on my computer. Dash does indeed race to china, but he also dashed through the city of Metroville and Egypt. And Helen carrying in the laundry basket, checking on Dash was absolutely cute.

There was another DSL commercial called “Gametime”, this is where Dash checks out a TV schedule and Bob watches the game.

Actually, there were more “remote fights” scenes than the two they had on the DVD. They were shown on ABC while they were showing some movie (can’t remember) :confused: But I do know the others included Violet and Dash, Elastigrl and I even Edna.( I know 'cause I remember that one. :wink: )

Why they didn’t include them, I don’t know, wish they did. :frowning: :mrgreen:

I love the Mr. Incredible and Pals with commentary . It’s the best on the second DVD besides Jack-Jack Attack.

The Star Swordsman - Yeah, I remember that McDonald’s one as well, but there was another one where Violet and Dash are fighting over the tv remote. Pixfan listed them and said that they were shown on ABC.

I also remember the “Gametime” one you mentioned, too. Too bad they didn’t include all of them on the dvd.

Mr. Incredible and Pals reminded me of my twin bro and I when we watch movies. Sometimes, when we talk and commentate, we point out our own ideas, which can sometimes lead into fights.

Couldn’t find the Merchandise topic so I am bumping this one :

As they apparently did with Cars, it’s a Tin DVD Edition ! Way too expensive though :confused: (eBay) Does anyone have this ?