Funny extra on DVD

Bill - Cha – it’s an easter egg on the second (Incredibles) disc. I used to know what page it was on. I’ll have to look for it again…

Basically, one of the Pixar employees constructed a sock puppet play version of The Incredibles as a back-up for the film in case they didn’t finish the movie on time. It’s actually pretty hilarious. :laughing:

JV - Haha – yeah, it’s awesome. I love how they used one of their little bird toys in place of the Omnidroid. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Mitch - Yeah that was like the funniest part! :laughing:

Heheh – yeah, and that sound that Syndrome made when he “zapped” people was great. :laughing:

Edit: Here ya’ go, Bill. I found it! Just ignore the subtitles… youtube.com/watch?v=2B5_EQLwp8s

Mitch - I have only one thing to say: WHAT WAS THAT?

Well, the movie was realy hard to do. As a jok, and a last resort, the animators went to sock puppets, which kinda worked.

I thought it was going too far. Stupid too, hehe :laughing:

Going back to the Adventures of Mr. Incredible commentary, I would have to say that one of my favorite lines had to be, what Pixfan already typed up. About connecting Frozone to a rabbit.

Bill - Haha – well, I thought it was funny! :laughing:

Funny and creative I might add. Out of everything they could do, a 2D, a live action, they chose sock puppets.

The Star Swordsman - I know, it’s great! And it also just goes to show that all of the animators/artists and employees and Pixar are just big kids at heart. They still do fun things like decorate their offices up like tiki huts or do sock puppet plays for the heck of it. Great stuff. (snigger) :wink:

Another extra I like happens to be an easter egg. THis is where both Bob and Dash fight for the remote control like a normal family. Only this time, they have super powers. The second time was with Bob and Lucius. That one was funny too. I still wish they’d do one with Violet and Helen.

The Star Swordsman - Haha – yeah, I was just thinking of that one.

And actually, they did do one with Violet. She conjures up a force field to block her pesky brother from grabbing the remote or…something. They only showed it on The Disney Channel for a limited amount of time, however.

There was also a (DSL?) commercial in which Dash had to do an assignment on The Great Wall of China. Instead of searching for a picture of it on the internet (their internet, moreover, having an extremely slow connection), he just raced all the way to China in a matter of two seconds and got a shot of the wall with his camera. I even remember the dialogue after he got the picture…

“You finished your homework already?” - Helen
“Yeah, but we need a way faster connection.” - Dash

I was pretty funny, actually. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

TSS – Wow, I’ve never heard of that! Where was it?

I do remember one egg with Bob dancing…it was pretty short, but funny all the same! :laughing:

It is on the second disc of the TI DVD. At the main menu, highlight “Behind the Scenes” and press Enter. At the next menu, highlight “Publicity” and press Enter. At the next menu, highlight “Play All” and wait until an icon appears at the upper right of the screen. Press the up arrow button, then press Enter, and you’ll see a few seconds of an animated clip with Dash and Mr. Incredible. Do that a second time and Mr. Incredible and Frozone show.

Ah…cool! I’ll have to check that out! :smiley:

Gasduude - And to see the “dancing Bob” one you were talking about:

Insert the first disc of The Incredibles dvd, go to the “Commentaries” section, and wait a few seconds until you see an icon of Mr. Incredible appear before clicking on it.

As you can see, you’re not the only geek, The Star Swordsman. :stuck_out_tongue: (laughs)

I was like, What? when I first saw it. I was expecting more, but it is an easter egg. I still found it hilarious.

Mitch – Thanks, but I already knew where that one was…that’s why I was so suprised by TSS’s.

The Star Swordsman - I know – it rather took me by surprise, as well. Nevertheless, it was funny…like you said. :wink:

Gasduude - Ahh…so you already know! Heheh – my mistake.

I know. Once again, you are welcome.