General Disney thread

Wow, great questions!

Favorite Disney Classic: I’m going to go with Peter Pan, because it sparked one of my favorite fictional crushes (across several versions): Captain Hook!

Favorite Princess and Princess Movie: This one’s easy: Belle (because she’s smart and quirky and loves a good story), and Beauty and the Beast, which I still think is arguably the best Disney animated feature ever.

Parks: Two separate trips to Disneyland as a kid (8-9 years old), and two separate trips to Walt Disney World as an adult. I seriously want to plan another trip back to WDW one of these years.

Dogs or Cats: Cats! As Scat Cat says, “Everybody wants to be a cat! Because a cat’s the only cat who knows where it’s at.”

Not seen in the past 10 years: I’m going to skip this, because I really don’t know…

Least favorite: Hands down, Black Cauldron, because I’m a big old fan of Lloyd Alexander’s Prydain books, and they deserve a faithful screen adaptation, and this wasn’t it! I don’t know what I would have thought of it if hadn’t read the books multiple times, but this was a big disappointment for me.

Blu-Rays/DVDs: Well, I’ve had Blu-Ray for just over a year, and the only Disney Blu-Rays I have so far are Snow White, Beauty & the Beast, and Princess & the Frog. I do have a fair number on DVD.

Favorite Disney Songs: Of the Walt-era classics, I would say “A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella. I’m a sucker for the big production numbers, too, and would say “Be Our Guest” is way up high on that list.

Favorite Score: Well, Beauty & the Beast has to be up there, but since the door is open to live action, I’m also going to throw in “Bedknobs & Broomsticks,” which I really enjoy.[/i]

Well, a lot of people seem to have a disdain for it. No idea why.

Why does everyone say TBC is their least? I’m sorry, but I love that movie. Eilonwy is so pretty. :frowning:

I agree, Karly05, that BatB is my favorite Disney movie, and I view it as the best.

Good to see someone’s not out to get me, ellie-jessie-eve!! :smiley: How do you feel about TLM?

It’s good, not my favorite though. Ariel really bothers me though.

Ariel’s personality, character development, and obsession with Eric always turned me off. Geez, get a life!! You don’t need him!! XD sorry. Please, guys, don’t argue with me. It’s a good, classic movie, just not my thing.

No, I agree with you Virginia. She’s just too selfish for me, she treats her family horribly, and what for a boy she’s only seen? She almost ruined the entire kingdom of Antlantica, I think she’s irresponsible, selfish, and unintelligent.

I agree. I hate Ariel’s personality.

The quality of the movie is overall, excellent, but things like that turn me off.

And, I don’t want to get political, but I don’t find her a very good heroine, with being so reserved and anti-modern woman. I think Belle, Jasmine, and Mulan were much more well fit heroines for the 90’s.

Really? I found her to be anything but reserved, and very modern. She acted out doing what she wanted to do. She is probably , along with Mulan, the most rebelious of the princesses.

Ah. I just felt she was anti-Feminist, because she needed a man to make her happy.

Excuse me for butting in but why is Bambi considered to be overrated around here? It’s quite a beautiful film and I’d say it’s underrated… and the animals are really animated very well. Thumper is annoying though. I could honestly have liven without that rabbit.

I honestly think that the Lion King is much much more overrated. And it gives hyenas a bad reputation. Those stinky lions. Boo hiss roar. (I am sorry to everyone who likes this movie, though. It’s really pretty, but I just do not like it.)

I don’t think Bambi is over rated, because it is a good film. I just don’t enjoy it. However, I love TLK. <3

I think Bambi is overrated, because I know a lot of people who think it’s great, and I honestly don’t know why. Yeah, it’s animated good. But the songs are the worst in any Disney movie, the characters were obnoxious, and the story bored me. But that’s just me I guess.

I have those problems, PLUS, I hate it when his mom dies. That happens a lot in Disney, but Bambi’s mom really bothered me. :shake:

There were songs on Bambi? I can’t remember!

Actually, I think the death of Bambi’s mother is one of the reason of it’s greatness.

- What is your least favorite Disney animated feature? It must be one from their list of 50.
This is honestly something I just can’t put my finger on, at all.

- How many Disney DVDs do you own? Do you have a lot of videos as well?
Shockingly enough, I believe the only Disney ‘classics’ on DVD I have are The Fox and the Hound, and The Princess and the Frog! :open_mouth:

- What are your favorite Disney songs?
Zero to Hero, Baby Mine, When You Wish Upon a Star, All in the Golden Afternoon.

- What’s your favorite score from a Disney movie?
Pinocchio and Hercules come to mind.

^ Herc does have a great score. <3

Spirit: I know! The songs are so unmemorable

Virginia: I see what you mean about Bambi’s mom. I understand what you mean, but I didn’t mind the fact that she died (whoa I sound like a jerk) but the fact that everyone thinks hunting is this big evil thing now.

And hunting is acutally beneficial for an ecosystem, as long as it’s done legally and a certain amount is killed. (I also think you should only hunt if you’re going to eat the animal, but that’s your personal choice)

I agree. I don’t think hunting is bad, as long as it’s regulated.

But you have to understand. I have this issue with Nemo too. I just can’t stand getting attached/used to a mother figure, then her dying. :shake: :`-(

1. Favorite “Classic” Disney (one before Walt died)
    Tough question, it’s either Pinnochio, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, or 101 Dalmatians.
  • Favorite Disney Princess and Princess movie?
    My favorite Disney Princess is either Belle or Jasmine. I also think Ariel is pretty :laughing: My favorite Princess movie would have to be Beauty and the Beast.

• Have you ever been to any of the parks?
    I have been to Disney World like 6 times. I have never been to any other Disney parks.

• And the mother of all questions: Disney Cats, or Disney Dogs?
    Disney Dogs, definitley! I love Pluto and Lady & the Tramp! The Disney cats are mostly too creepy in my opinion, like the Siamese Cats and Cheshire Cat :open_mouth:

• Which of the Disney animated features have you not seen in the last 10 years?
    I am not exactly sure, but I know I have not seen 101 Dalmations, Snow White, or Cinderella in a long time, along with a few others.

• What is your least favorite Disney animated feature? It must be one from their list of 50.
    My least favorite is either The Black Couldron, Oliver & Company, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, or a few others I don’t remember.

• How many Disney DVDs/Blu-Rays do you own? Do you have a lot of videos as well?
    I own at least 50 Disney Movies on VHS, mostly the classic ones. I own some but not very many DVDs and bareley any BluRays of the movies at all.

• What are your favorite Disney songs?
    That is a tough one! Well, if “You’ve got a Friend in Me” counts, then that is probably it. I have grown up to that song and I know all the words. I also LOVE all the songs from The Lion King, and “I’ll Make a Man out of You” from Mulan. There are too many classic disney songs that I love for me to name.

• What’s your favorite score from a Disney movie?
    Probably the score from Toy Story :slight_smile: but I also love the score to Alice in Wonderland.

High five!!! :smiley: