Godzilla comes back to theaters 2012! Good or bad?

It may be good, as long as they don’t say

“Thats alot of fish.”

Guillermo Del Toro( hellboy , the phauns laberynth) directing Godzilla?

movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx … &nid=60167

How interesting! I liked his work on Hellboy, so this could be interesting.

Yeah, this is gonna be epic :smiley:

Del toro refused to direct Godzilla 2012, way to go Del toro

killerfilm.com/articles/read … boot-49592

Its a shame, he would have done a great job , if you do Godzilla in cgi while being true to the original movie you can have a great scene, like this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=SEEXydQc9KE

A director has been announced
screenrant.com/godzilla-director … obf-94716/

I dont like this, this guy is gonna focus more on the humans and is gonna give godzilla like 5 minutes of screentime.

Well said! Saw the original in Japanese (minus Raymond Burr) a few years back…absolutely a masterpiece!

It’s hard to get too excited about this remake/reboot/whatever. It seems like Toho is sidelined–are they involved in any way other than signing over the rights? I’d be more interested if the South Park guys were directing Godzilla. Supposedly they were at work on a serious kaiju project some years back (whatever happened to that?). Given the affectionate, dead-on accuracy with which they captured Supermarionation in Team America: World Police, there’s every reason to believe they would do justice to any kaiju film, including Godzilla. But that’s just wishful thinking. Ah, well…

Yes , they are supervising the film , but they also supervised the 98 american version of Godzilla, they will aprove anithing as long as it gives them money.

lord_zedd: That’s too bad about Toho–much as I loved the original, my favorite is Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964). The battle scenes are fierce and chaotic, like two animals really fighting! Plus, the big guy is just plain mean in that one.

I’m probably in the vast minority, but to me the “make it look real” use of CGI for stuff like King Kong and Godzilla just seems beside the point somehow…especially for kaiju, which “should” have not-too-realistic props being destroyed by people in rubber suits. It evokes kabuki that way, which seems more to the point considering the culture and history that spawned Godzilla.

Aparently we re gonna have 2 Godzilla remakes battling in the theathers in 2012 , an american remake, and a japanese remake

joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=26026

I dont know about this, in 2012 aside from battling against:

The spiderman remake

Return of the dark night

the avengers

monsterapocalypse

Godzilla is going to battle HIMSELF at the box office!

Itturns out the japanese remake was fake, a shame, but anywayLegendary pictures released the final look for the 2012 Godzilla

godzillalaleyenda.mforos.com/179 … illa-2012/

This image is the meaning of perfection