Halos Nach Tariff's Artwork (last update: 26/03/09)

Dude, it looks so beautiful. One could cut it out and hang it on his or her wall or something. It looks so classic and wonderful.

Nice! Even though the unsaturated one looks more natural as lizardgirl pointed out, I really enjoy how you altered the colors with the computer. They really pop and give your piece something extra. I am also a fan of showing your mark making. And as lizardgirl also pointed out, more layering should help with the contrast, but depending on the type of color pencil it may not. But I do think using more layers of color would bring this piece to the next level.

Keep up the good work! :smiley:

Nice drawings Halos Nach Tarrif! the colors are so nicely done, it makes the picture so beautiful. I’d agree with TSS, you could easily hang that somewhere in your house.

Halos Nach Tariff- Don’t get me started on scanners! They never make a picture look as good as it does in real life, it’s so annoying. And that’s cool, should’ve realised that the song lyrics were from Down To Earth.

Thank you for your kind words everyone, I shall now proceed to add more layers…
It seems that my coloured pencils are very soft and it makes shading difficult, oh well.
In the meantime I’ll keep playing with it on my computer and see what this computer program can do. I haven’t really used it before, and I’m not good with computers, so it could take a while…
Hah, the number of pictures I’ve intended to hang up but never have! I actually have some frames now though, so maybe this time!

Halos Nach Tariff - Nice work so far! Although I do like the feel of the unsaturated one, as others have stated, the updated version of the piece (with all of the bright colors) catches one’s eye and makes the image stand out. The Down to Earth lyrics look nice on the side of the drawing, as well.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing the finished piece. :wink:

– Mitch

Wow, marvelously lovely work there, Halos Nach Tariff! Great job! You must have been real patient and dedicated to finish your Define Dancing scene there- your hard work shows! And as for your “Down to Earth” piece, it’s really wonderful artwork. It looks especially splendid with the coloring.

Wow, why didn’t I see this earlier?

I love your Define Dancing drawing best! I love how you added little details like the rivets on the ion flares’ panels, or the BNL label on the fire extinguisher. The shading is impeccable too! I agree with the rest it would look better without outlines, but other than that, it’s one of the best B&W pieces I’ve seen on the forum!

The Down to Earth drawing is pretty good too, though IMO it’s less detailed. Eve also looks longer and more odd-shaped than in the Define Dancing drawing, so maybe you can fix that a little. I like the magenta sky and the scenery, it’s quite nice. I also liked how you incorporated the Down to Earth lyrics running down the side, I squinted and made out the lyrics before you mentioned it a few posts down. It’s good that you’re learning post-production editing, nothing like using the computer to tweak the scan a little.

It’s very interesting to see how you develop your artwork in progressive stages. Can’t wait to see the finished product of Down to Earth, and the Ratatouille drawing!

Thank you everyone!

I’m trying to get more detail into the ‘Down to Earth’ piece with my coloured pencils but it’s not going well… I’m also going to see what I can do about EVE, thank you for pointing out that she is too long ‘thedriveintheatre’, I guess I was so busy on the background I forgot to work on the characters.

Anyway I’m going ot start on my Ratatouille piece. I haven’t given up on the Wall•e one but I can’t lug my box of coloured pencils to college everyday whereas I can take my normal pencils. I should have a preliminary sketch done for tomorrow or Thursday.

I can’t wait to see it Halos Nach Tariff

• 18/03/09
Okay here is the super-rough draft sketch for my Ratatouille piece:

fc14.deviantart.com/fs42/i/2009/ … tariff.jpg

As you can see it’s just a very simple line sketch at the moment. That vague thing to the right is going to be a rack of bread baskets and the thing at the bottom is going to be a worktop with various chopping boards, pots and ingredients on. It’s not a direct film to paper drawing because my DVD won’t play on my laptop and I can’t be bothered pausing it on the TV. If you wondering why Linguini is peeling a potato it’s because when I had his hands doing nothing it looked kinda weird. The background out of the window is going to be a stylised view of La Ville-Lumière.

Tell me what you think.

I say it looks pretty good. There is clearly a strong, loving relationship between the two. You did a good job drawing the two prepare food. NIce work. Keep it up.

Hmm, I wonder why the ‘image’ tags aren’t working? They’ve worked on all the other pictures. Oh well, I’ll just post the link for now.

I forgot to say that on the Ratatouille piece I’m going to put the scene’s dialog in French on it somewhere. Which, if my high school French serves me properly should be something like: ‘Comment dites-vous de comment bon pain est sans le goûte ? Pas l’odeur, pas le regard, mais le son. …of la croûte. Ecouter…’
I’m not sure if the grammers right in that… Anyway I’ll put it in some fancy, florid script and it should work well with the picture.

It may be a while before I update again, I’ve got quite a lot of work to get done. (Nothing to do with me just getting Final Fantasy Tactics…honest…)

• 26/03/09
Okay, sorry for the delay, I’ve only been able to get a little done this week:

Basically I’ve just added a little rudimentary shading to Colette and Linguini, and played around with the objects on the counter.

Looking pretty good so far! The rough shading is really giving the fabric of their clothes a nice texture, and the perspective seems fine too. Linguini’s face looks perhaps a little off, I’m not sure exactly what it is as his eyes and hair seem fine, and his nose looks okay too, so it might be the mouth. I’m aware that this is just a sketch at the moment anyway, so with more shading the final piece will probably look right. I’m looking forward to seeing the next stage of this one!

It looks great! Especially the shading and realistic look to it with the texture of their clothes and the slight shadowing. Linguini does look a little off, but only a little. Well done :smiley: