Hannahmation's Sketches

Since little chef put up the completed version of our collaboration in the Art Jam thread, I thought I’d update my fan art thread with my line art of Dug and his Nemo squeaky toy.

I saw that on your twitter page. Looks awesome! keep it up!

Thanks ffdude1906. :slight_smile:

Here’s my entry for the Up Character Contest on the PixtarPlanet dA. Used this piece to practice coloring in Photoshop. My main focus was Kevin and Russell. I threw together a quick background afterward.

Edit: I opted to post my other version instead. It’s cropped closer to Kevin and Russell.

Really nice. Love the ‘soft’ feel you gave to the picture, made the entirety of it look very peaceful. You’ll need to add some feathers to Kevin’s head, though. Otherwise, it looks great. Keep it up. :wink:

Thanks for the comments!

I can’t believe I forgot to add the feathers to the top of her head. Thanks for pointing it out! I’ll go add them right now!

EDIT: Kevin now has feathers on the top of her head.

Awesome job Hannamation, it looks great! You planning on working on it some more? It seems a bit,… unfinished. Looks like there should be more to it. Maybe stick some bushes or something in the foreground at the bottom, that empty space is kinda distracting. Other than that, it’s pretty much perfect!

Hey, neat job! I, too, like the ‘soft’ feel it has. I looks teriffically cute. :smiley:

Thanks ffdude1906! As you’ve noticed, I got rid of the empty space. I didn’t like it much either.

Thanks for the comments, BDD!

Here’s a birthday present for, Mitch. Not nearly as good as how Mitch draws Russell, but I had to try!

Haha, those are great, I love the lines you put in! Good job Hannah!

Happy birthday to Mitch, happy birthday to Mitch, happy birthday to Miiiiitch, happy birthday to…Mitch! :smiley::smiley:
A year old…well…‘younger’. :wink:

That’s such a cool present for Mitch! Constructive criticism I would give you is to work on Russell’s eyes and mouth, but since this is a quick sketch, I’ll go easy on ya. :wink:
It’s so sweet, it’s giving me toothaches! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mitch is going to love it Hannahmation. Nice work.

Thank you for all the comments!

TDIT: Thanks for the constructive criticism. Don’t worry about going easy on me. Hit me with your best shot! Can’t get better unless I know what I am doing wrong!

So cute! It’s also nice of you to draw that for Mitch. There’s something about the second panel that could be improved, though I’m not really sure what it is…is it that the eyes are too close together…?

BDD: Thanks! Oh, there’s lots about the second panel that could be improved! Struggled with it quite a bit, but had to settle on something for the time being.

That birthday present for Mitch is great, Hannahmation! Russell’s a difficult one to get right but you’ve done really well, and I especially like how it’s in two panels like a comic. :smiley:

Thanks lizardgirl for the comments :slight_smile:

Here’s a sketch of Russell I did while chatting after the Toy Story 2 movie night. Used a photo as a reference. I think his legs a bit too long, but oh well.

Haha! I love it! His mouth is a bit odd, but Russell’s face is pretty tricky. I don’t think the legs are too long, but that’s just because they look ok, Russell’s legs would be a bit shorter I think. Nevertheless, it’s a fantastic drawing, great job! claps

Looks pretty excellent to me. :smiley: With the pose and cheerful smile you drew him in, you’ve captured what makes his character so lovable!