High School Musical 3

The UK Premiere is October 18th 2008.
The Soundtrack is out October 6th 2008.
And the film is out 24/10/2008.

grrrrrrrrr…

breaks down and cries

NOOO!!!

Edited for shouting. – Mitch

Oh boy. I know some people who are like having a countdown to when it is coming out. I just want to know what the critics will say about it.

I’m probably not up for the movie, but might get into the songs.

I have seen people counting it down too.
I am looking forward to it but I can’t be bothered to count it down. :laughing:

I think the Hiigh School Musical films are childish but I love them because they are fun the music is great and the and the storylines are great can’t wait until the the third one :smiley:

Childish? And people called Pixar films childish, buddy! :imp:

I shouldn’t have said it is childish I think the Disney films are for everyone so what’s your problem :question:

Oh, you want to hear what my problem is? Okay, okay, first of all, what is your problem?! All of you who posted in this thread. It is Disney! C’mon, show a little support, people! And second of all, it ain’t that bad! At least it isn’t Barney by Sesame Street with an Elmo special cameo episode! Sheeze.

I prefer Barney. :laughing:

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, WBoon. Just calm down. You may be a fan of the films, and others may not.

And I am simply expressing my views in a… very zealous manner. :smiley:

Last Monday, my classmates talked about it because some of them watched it over the weekened, and they all disliked it.
Me, I heard the songs, and I gotta admit the music was great. But I don’t really care for the rest of the movie.

I watched the 1st and 2nd oer my hawaiian vacation and they were average. The storyline is great but the way they do it (musically) made it rather slow and boring…

My review of 1-2 7/10

i would be curious as to the third one but only if i was absolutely doing nothing.

You guys, reading over this whole HSM war made me really want to say something.

Why is it that there is so much hate for this movie series? I know it can’t be for the actual story and characters, because I’m sorry- it is not THAT bad.

I think the problem is really that a lot of people resent HSM’s success. Why? Why is it so bad that HSM is popular? Because it makes millions of kids- and I mean kids of ALL ages- happy? Why is that so horrible? Just because you are not one of those millions of kids?

Let’s be honest here. The first HSM movie had a pretty bad storyline. It’s not the best movie. But it sent out a great message for kids! “IT’S OKAY TO BE DIFFERENT!” and it’s such a positive, uplifting phenomenon. Besides, even though the actual storyline wasn’t really anything to behold, the idea WAS very original! I’ve not heard of another HIGH SCHOOL musical about a bunch of mis-matched kids working together to put on a play.

The 2nd movie was better. I think it’s rather sad that people get their panties in a twist every time Disney makes a sequel- JUST because it’s a sequel. Sequel =/= always bad. There are good sequels! I think HSM2 is one of them. Yes I’m sure Disney saw the dollar signs, but what does that matter if the sequel was just as good or BETTER than the original and made kids even happier?

I would understand the High School Musical hate if it was having a negative influence on kids. I won’t get too outspoken about this here as it would be off topic, but I think Hannah Montana is awful- and I hate that series, because I think it sends a horrible message to kids ON TOP OF being a terrible show. But High School Musical teaches kids to work together, look at life in a positive light, have fun in whatever they do, and make friends with those who are different.

Why in the WORLD would anybody think ill of a movie for those reasons?

HSM3 was the best of the films yet, and I’m SO GLAD Disney made it. I’m saddened by the amount of hate this series gets, for, in my opinion, no good reason at all.

Well…I’m not sure I should even be posting my opinions here since I’ve never seen any of the films (they never interested me) I have to agree with what Hog-Hug said. I don’t know the story of any of any of the movies, but if it is popular, I guess it can’t be that bad.

Still I don’t think “it’s a SEQUEL!” or (an even worse reason) “It’s popular!” is a reason to hate something so much. I mean, it’s fine if people don’t like the movies-I’d probably find them boring since they don’t involve animals, but it always makes me annoyed when people hate something just because it’s popular. I know people here have other reasons for hating it than that, but I’ve heard of people who do hate it just for that reason. I guess I’m just annoyed when people make such strong opinions based only on the opinions of others (for example popularity).

I’m not trying to argue or anything, since I know next to nothing about the movies, but that’s my opinion.

Well said. : )

I haven’t posted on the forum for ages just being plain busy but anyway …
I saw this basically the day it came out in the UK and it was absolutely brilliant, I liked the film and I also liked the soundtrack and am looking forward to the DVD, it was brilliant.
Then again, I watch Disney Channel and I am 15. :laughing:

For any Aussies, Channel 7 will be showing the first film that started it all: High School Musical at 9 am! So set your alarm clocks people, and don’t sleep in this Saturday morning! :smiley:

I will reserve judgement until I’ve seen the movie, but I agree with Scyther and Hog-Hug that it shouldn’t be hated because it’s popular. Better that with a good influence for kids than movies like, say, Bratz (which although I haven’t watched, I just hate the line of dolls. Are you sure that’s suitable for kids to play with?). But I still think it’s overrated. I dislike it not because it is well-liked by kids or because it has a good moral, but because Disney could spend their time and money doing more epic, and grander projects like what they used to or like what Pixar’s doing now. What happened to the ‘second golden age’ of films that were released once a year back in the 90s? Now, they churn out mediocre films like Chicken Little, Home on the Range or BHChihuahua, or fairly decent fare like HSM, Narnia, and Bolt. Disney should set their sights higher and farther, which is why I’m excited for its return to form next year on Princess and the Frog (along with Rapunzel and the Bear & The Bow). Like popcorn and fast-food, High School Musical is enjoyable fluff with good taste but it will be soon forgotten and will not stand the test of time.

Just my two cents, and I hope my preconception will be proven wrong when I watch it for the first time tomorrow (Yes, I haven’t watched a single film, so sue me :stuck_out_tongue:).

Oh, and for those above 12 and are not prudish, have you seen Saw School Musical? I’ve posted a link in the “Dumpster of Mild Amusement”, but it’s worth a second mention because it’s by one of my favourite channels and it’s a brilliant take on its similar release date as an R-rated horror flick. :laughing:

I hate high school musical. I watched part of the first simply because I didn’t want to watch it anymore. The songs are ridiculous and so is the story. Nobody is that nice in high school! I would know. I have first hand experience.