Honesty

Haha, wow. My mom, who for some reason can be notoriously against Pixar movies, calling them kiddy and stuff, reluctantly saw TS3 with me today. She said that the first two acts were pretty cheesy, but at the end she actually cried when [spoil]Andy said goodbye to his mom[/spoil] and [spoil]when Andy gave his toys to Bonnie[/spoil]. I was pretty surprised considering her preconceptions of Pixar, but it made me happy to see that a Pixar movie affected her in that way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm i didn’t get ear up or cry at all, i didn’t see what was so emotional about it in the slightest :confused:
Although i did tear up at Up, as alot of people did i suppose, in my opinion Pixar’s most emotional movie.

Can’t lie, [spoil]I teared up when Andy’s telling Bonnie about Woody.[/spoil] Just the idea of [spoil]giving away something of such memory and importance, doubled with saying goodbye to the characters (especially Woody) [/spoil]really struck a chord for me.

I am a 23 years old boy. I cried for 5 times the first time i watched the movie. Being surrounded by woody n buzz for many years, I see myself as little andy, n started weeping when i see andy playing with the toys.

Well, I guess Im not alone on this front, we all at the least got sad over the same parts, and for the same reasons.

The first time I saw TS3, the feeling/emotion was indescribable.

my 5 crying scenes

[spoil]- andy’s mum taking DV of young andy

• @ sunnyside, buzz wanted a handshake from woody when woody’s decided to go bk to andy, but wody didn’t want to shake buzz’s hand
  • back in andy’s room, woody saying goodbye to others, when rex asked woody to take care of andy
  • andy introducing toys to bonnie
  • woody waving goodbye to andy[/spoil]

I cried 5 times.

[spoil]Andy and his mom in his room near the end.
The home videos.
Woody looking at the Andy photo.
Incenirator
Bonnie getting Andy’s toys :cry: [/spoil]

I cried through the entire thing. Loved it, but still, the end…Of my childhood, and of a franchise I grew up with.

I was crying in the inside. Does that count?

I’m 97% sure that counts. :wink: Check with the mods. :laughing:

Nicely said, that’s kind of how I felt also!

Interestingly enough, I just did an article for Spanish class about how men in Latin America seldom cry, but Toy Story 3 left them in tears. The article analyzed how it is socially unacceptable for Latin men to cry in public. It then accredited Disney with “finding the secret” to making grown men cry. I made sure in my review of the article to point out that it was infact Pixar which tapped into our souls, not Disney.

I would like to read that article. :wink:

Can you read spanish my dear?

I saw Toy Story 3 three times in theaters and I cried/got teary eyed every time! The main scenes were [spoil]the incinerator scene[/spoil] and [spoil]when Andy give his toys to Bonnie[/spoil].

I got teary eyed at other moments too; sometimes just at the sheer beauty and genius of the film. The animation, lighting, color, and music come together so well especially at certain points in the film. Just amazing.

:laughing: Well, I’m in a Spanish class, but we can’t read or speak fluently yet.

Hannahmation, that’s pretty much how I felt. :smiley:

I didn´ cry, but i was very sad when the movie finished.

I am the onlty one who wasn´t impressed by [spoil]the incinerator scene? I didn´t think Pixar could be so horrible to let everyone die there.I thought Buzz Lightear was going to spread his wings at the very last minute and save every…okay, that is impossible.[/spoil]

The [spoil]incinerator scene was a reallu good scene and one of my favorite. I wonder if Andys old toys had to go though that. I hope not[/spoil]

Bud, you need spoilers, not bold. Bold is bad there. 8D

I never had my heartstrings pulled this tight. EVER.

When me and my sister rushed out of the theatre to get some popcorn real quick before the movie started (and we were singing Bohemian Rhapsody in the waiting line for some reason… 8D) I was so nervous, happy and excited. I was shaking uncontrollably. When the movie started, I was already crying a little. I’m just thinking: “This is it. This is what I’ve always been waiting for. It’s… it’s Toy Story 3 for goodness’ sakes!!”

The way the playful montage ends, with the rather quick transition from childhood to adulthood Andy, and the eerie way they end You Got a Friend in Me… whoa.

[spoil]The first major part I choked up at, was the mentioning of Bo Peep. While the lack of toy announcements made me suspicious in the first place, that was a total shocker. I did NOT expect them to just do away with her so quickly. I cried pretty badly.

No words to even explain how I felt about Lotso’s backstory. While it isn’t as tragic as Jessie’s in Ts2, it’s still undeniably depressing. The way Lotso later says “She don’t love you no more!” to Big Baby and crushes the tag is really upsetting, most of all how he shoves Big Baby with his cane. I’m still left speechless by that part.

The incinerator… WOW. Wasn’t expecting it at all. I knew they’d end up okay by the end, but still… I was really left on the edge of my seat for that part. It was so touching and sweet the way they all held hands together, accepting this as their fate. The timing of everything was perfect, but of course we want to cheer and clap when the Aliens come up to rescue them.

The ending I feel is symbolic for moving on, being able to grow up. It’s so satisfying that the audience gets to see Andy play with his toys one last time… and then he hands them down to this little girl, who, while she doesn’t know just how meaningful it all is, feels entrusted by this grown-up boy to really love and take care of his toys. And we know she will. Major props to Randy for putting the perfect music to all this, and how it zooms out (like the ending of Up) to reveal the same famous wallpaper clouds in the sky is an amazing touch.[/spoil]

What a knockout movie. I was left with a crying headache afterwards. :blush: Can’t WAIT for the DVD release… honestly, Pixar makes my year, each time, without fail. :smiley: