Hood Over Wheels

This is another little scene I’ve created. I did this a while back, and it actually gave me the idea for “Living the Dream”. I had to write a short, descriptive essay for school, so I turned this paper in and got an A!!! So, decided to put it on here too. It’s also based off of the lyrics to the song “Head Over Heels” by Rascal Flatts. Enjoy!

~Hood Over Wheels~

We gaze down at the valley below. The town below shimmers with charm and peace in the wonderfully warm summer evening. The dust barely kicks up on the dirt roads, and the breeze gently blows throught the cacti, teasing their pink and white blossoms. Occasionally, a tumbleweed rolls by, adding that “icing to the cake” touch of a humble sense of remote to the Cladalac Range desert. The evening is my favorite time of day here, including the morning, noon, afternoon, and night…… okay, you get it. I love being here in Radiator Springs any time, any day. That is why I call it home. Yeah, it sounds simple enough, but I went through a lot to get where I am today. And where exactly is here? Now, I don’t mean just being here as a citizen of the town, but here with a particular spot with a particular someone. I could be down there being worn down with the rest of Sarge’s brave though naiive bootcamp team. Or in the impound lot (the place I’ve found myself in more than once since I’ve been here) being guarded by Sheriff, who would make John Walsh look like a mere princess-tea party companion. Or I could be hanging out with my buddy, Mater, smashing mail boxes (something we’ve yet to try, but haven’t yet due to the sharp eye of Sheriff) or tractor tipping. I don’t even mind sitting with Lizzy all day listening to a story she’s told me a million times already. But there’s one that I’d rather be with than being with any of my other good friends. You ask how do I have the heart to top with someone else the group of friends anyone would give their life to have. Well… this special someone is still in their group. But we have ties that I don’t have with the others, and one of them being we’re both single, and she’s a girl and I’m a boy, aaannnd…… you get the picture. Do the math: single boy plus single girl equals love. Duh. Any idiot could figure that out. Anyway, so here I am… beside this girl in, what even I admit, is one of the most romantic settings. The sunset performs an awesome display, curling and gently mixing its rays, and the colored clouds of pink, purple, and blue. But as striking it may be, being able to make you literally dumbstruck, my thoughts are only on the surroundings so I may try to at least find some logic to why this girl sitting beside me is so radient. Her fenders are lined with the gold streaks of sunbeams, and her color shines in the exact shade as that patch of blue sky over there that turns lighter by the minute. The soft purr of her engine would soothe even the most distraught, and it always seems to match harmoniously with my own (this I see not just as only coincidence). As I study the sparkle of contentment, she notices me looking her over. She smiles that same smile that makes my oil pressure rise every time, she being obviously satisfied to know that I enjoy examining her. Then she opens her mouth as she prepares to speak, the same soft lips that I have longed to kiss giving shape to her words.

“It’s so beautiful,” she whispers, as if speaking louder would blow the scene away.

I don’t take my eyes off of her. “Yeah… beautiful,” I agree breathlessly.

She blushes slightly, giving her a feminine look of innocence and yet strength in emotion. She quickly looks away, and because she is my best friend and I know her so well, I can tell. She knew I wasn’t referring to the scenery.

Please review!!! =D

I remember this! You sent it to me through FF.net’s PM system! XD

Yep! I though I might as well, put it up. I wondered if you’d remember it! :smiley:

As you can see, I did! XD I remember a lot of things that I read.