Hotel Transylvania (2012)

youtube.com/watch?v=MGpioW_XlKY

This looks like a LOT of fun! And pretty funny as well! It’ll probably be the only Adam Sandler movie I can enjoy.

Admittedly, this could be a good film.

This trailer bought me.

This trailer is far superior to the rather quick and disappointing first trailer we got. I’m still not that crazy about the star stubbed cast, but I’m kind of looking forward to this film now. The story seems alright for the most part, but I hope they pull off this “child wants to leave from their protective parent” type plot.

The new HT trailer played before Brave, and it’s definitely looking more and more like a movie worth waiting for. Some concerns about the Tartakovsky/Sandler balance remain, but it looks like things are in good shape with the Sony crew. It was good to have a look/listen at Mavis, as she’s rather important to the proceedings. Looking forward to it!

I saw the preview for this. Since it has Steve Buscemi, I’ll watch it for sure.

But, I’m a little disappointed about something.

[spoil]As soon as I saw the young guy come in, I can predict a mile away that he’ll end up with the daughter. Oh brother. :unamused:[/spoil]

I’m actually really excited for this. I love vampire/monster spoofs! "And if a human tries to harm you, I’ll tell him- roars with monstrous face “…because you’re daddy’s girl.” Haha, what a dad.
This looks like a fun movie. The human guy seems annoying though. I guess that’s the point- it’s from the dad’s point of view, isn’t it? :confused:

This actually looks super cute, and I’m not even a big fan of “monster/Halloweeney” movies in general. :stuck_out_tongue: I saw the trailer for the first time when I went to see Brave with someone I met on twitter, and she said she wants to take me to see Hotel Transylvania when it comes out. I’m more than willing to give it a watch!

I think it will be engaging and fun. I’m not expecting super deep, emotional themes or anything, but I like that there is an established father-daughter relationship being shown here. I don’t think we see that enough in animated films.

Amy: I think that’s the point, though! The daughter wants to be with this guy, but he’s a human, so obviously her dad flips out and is like nnnooOOOOO can’t date him!!! And from what I’ve seen of the trailer, it’s a bunch of his attempts to get rid of the boy and keep him away from his daughter because he knows they’re ~in love~. Unless I read into it wrong. I don’t know. :laughing:

I don’t think I have to “spoiler” any of that because it was already in the trailer. ;o;

little chef

I liked that trailer quite a bit. Tartakovsky is highly talented and the characters designs have a fun look to them. The plot seems like it will be predictable, but it seems like a fun movie with a nice aesthetic at least! And yesss, Steve Buscemi! :smiley:

Maybe they will fall in love early on, and most of the movie will be about her father’s reactions and getting to know the boy and accepting him. If so, then it won’t bother me.

Here’s a musical clip that shows more of the movie and characters (maybe a little too much?). Anyway, the character designs look better with every peek offered…love that Mummy!

youtube.com/watch?v=4twi0cjflD4

If this ends with a dance scene (and judging by the number of random dance shots in that video, it probably will) I’m gonna be pissed.

Great animation
The story of Dracula who is the owner and creator of Hotel Transylvania, a five-star resort where the world’s monsters can be safe from human civilization. Dracula invites some of the most famous monsters like Frankenstein and his wife Eunice , Murray the Mummy , Wayne and Wanda Werewolf , Griffin the Invisible Man, Bigfoot, Steve the Blob, and other monsters to celebrate the 118th birthday of his daughter Mavis…
Though i have played the game also but movie was pretty awesome :laughing: 8D

HT was pleasant and enjoyable, but not so memorable overall. The character designs and animation were the eminently worthwhile highlight, story and characters fairly standard. Not a lot of emotional impact there. But it’s good to see Sony Pictures Animation with a bona fide surprise success on its hands–it was certainly overdue, and it might have been the light that pulled SPA out of a tunnel. Also, there will be Hotel Transylvania 2 in 2015. Good for SPA!

I won tickets for the Dutch premiere this Saturday, i’m really excited!

I love Hotel Transylvania; its one of the few GOOD Adam Sandler movies out there.

This film has fantastic pacing and energy. There is a squel coming out later this year.

I’m hyped for the sequel.

Came out today in the States, but I’ll have to wait a few more weeks. :neutral_face:

Apparently they’re screening it at the Dracula Film Festival in Romania, which is pretty sweet.

cinemablend.com/new/Hotel-Tr … 85447.html

I also love Hotel Transylvania.