How About Them Video Games? :D

So, I got to play Cars 2 in Best Buy for like 30 seconds. I played as Francesco. 8D Anyway, the difference in graphics compared to the first Cars game is AMAZING. Well, technology has had 5 years to improve so of course, it would be better. :unamused:

If you play Fillmore vs. Sarge in the arena. Fillmore and Sarge recognize each other.

Man, it sounds like I have a lot of BFF/Co-Worker/Shipping comments to look out for.

I haven’t heard any Mater and Holley, though. I kinda wonder if some are only PS3/Xbox or whatever. Wiis have less memory, don’t they? :<

Wii’s do have less memory. All versions should be mostly the same though.(Don’t have the Wii version.)

Finally! I’ve been looking for this thread ever since I joined! :smiley:
Anyway, the only Cars game I have thus far is Race-o-Rama for the Wii. It’s so awesome! I love playing Lightning! And I love that (game spoiler here) [spoil]Chick Hicks fell for the “thunder comes after Lightning” thing again[/spoil]! I really want to get the rest of the games for the Wii; although I’m not sure about Mater’s Tall Tales. If it’s mostly just party games, I’d rather do some racing! Also, I was fortunate enough to get to spend almost two years living and racing in Radiator Springs as Gypsy Hybridsmile on World of Cars Online, an awesome Disney MMORPG. It closed due to financial issues, unfortunately, back in February. But it was there I finally figured out what “turn right to go left” meant when I was racing, and it was there that many other awesome things happened (I’m thinking of posting some of my many screenshots and stuff sometime). And now I use Gypsy as my avatar here. I love these Cars games so much! I hope they make more…
And interesting dish about this Emma here… I’m glad I didn’t get the Mater-National game before I saw Cars 2 because I probably would’ve allowed myself to think about their relationship a little too much (as I do way too often with characters in books and movies and TV).
And remember Emma; Holley does have tasers… :laughing:

You should get Mater’s Tall Tales, OWP. I’ve beaten it and can recommend it. By the way, you know LEGO did Sally, right? You can get most of the characters in the V8 Cafe, with Sarge and Sally being exclusive…

All right then, MTM, I’ll take your word for it! Honestly… who am I to pass up the combined forces of Pixar and Nintendo Wii? :mrgreen:
Oh, and I did hear about the Sally minifig. Perhaps I’ll get the Lego Flo’s V8 Cafe if I continue to have a hard time finding the one they made for the diecast models years ago. Coolness!

There are racing type games in MTT. Along with a fighting one for Monster Truck Mater, a fire-fighting game. Nothing Mater wouldn’t have done. Racing after the ambulance is a blast.

Oh yeah, I also like that Rescue Squad Mater game! Cars 2 is a lot of fun. I beat the game, but now I am trying to get all the characters and their paint jobs. So far, I’ve only played as regular Mater but I think I’ll start trying the other ones soon. This might be my favorite Cars video game!

On PS3 and X360 all the other RS residents can be bought.

I own all the Cars games on DS and they were all not very good, except for the first one. But that can kind of be expected with DS games. I also own all the Cars games for PS2 excluding the Cars 2 one, and I really disliked them, except for the first one again. :stuck_out_tongue: Oh my gosh, I used to play that for hours on end. I love the races (the Piston Cup ones aren’t that great though), the cut scenes (I see you guys already mentioned the Wheel Well one and the groupies one) and I just LOVE how you can explore the town so freely and with great detail. That really brought it to life for me. But once Cars 2 came around I kind of stopped buying the games so I didn’t bother getting any for Wii :laughing:

As a Cars fan, I did get the video games. I have the first one for Gamecube and the sequels for the Wii. I think my favorite is Cars 2 because there’s a lot more you can do besides just racing. The action-packed element of it was nice. I always play as Mater, but I’m trying to play as the other characters more frequently. I had wished that there was more of a variety with the other ones, so I was glad to have that in Cars 2. Sometimes I practice with the older games, pretending that I’m actually driving. They don’t really work well as simulators, but I use my imagination. It’s been a while since I have played them, though. Having even one of them is nice just to practice on.

I remember playing the Cars videogame back when I just got my PSP. It’s a really great pure racing game without those annoying “hunt for doodads” missions that populate so many kid-oriented games. You can race as the different characters in tracks from the movies.

Race-O-Rama on the PSP was awful, imho. The colour scheme was too saturated and it was just so garish and blunt compared to the movie tie-in. I think the voice acting, music and controls weren’t good either, it was just a weak game overall.

I bought Cars 2 for PC, but never got round to playing it! Should dust it off someday and get round to installing it on my laptop.

I own some of the Cars games. The first one is okay and a little fun if I remember correctly. The other ones, in my opinion, were pretty bad. They were just kind’ve made to cash in on the big Cars marketing craze, instead of trying to make a decent game.