How do you relieve stress?

No I haven’t! My friend actually saw a Mountain Lion when coming home one night, and one year there was one on my high school campus.

As for rattlers, I’ve only seen dead ones.

S 330: I am SO sorry. I was trying to edit the quoting in your post, and I accidentally deleted it. My biggest apologizes!

I wish that I had a complementary cupcake or something to give you!

EJE: Well, just in case:

I’m a huge fan of the Worst Case Scenario series, by the way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks TDIT! Actually, a bit father south from where I am, an elderly couple defended themselves with a ball point pen! They survived, but of course were near death. So yes, definitely be on the defensive!

I’d love to see a Mountain Lion actually! (and I have at animal reserves) They’re my favorite animals. I’d be terrified and wouldn’t search for one. They never track down humans, and only attack if you startle them. So if you do go hiking in the States, be sure to talk a lot with who ever you’re with, so animals like bears and lions can hear you and hide!

And it’s interesting, because in a bear attack it’s opposite. You want to curl up in a ball and protect your neck. Don’t try to look larger, because there is no way you’d look larger!

My dad has worked in a vineyard and ranch for before I was born. And he’s never seen a lion, but has seen scar and paw prints! So they’re very elusive! (Which is why if one hikes a lot chances are that you’ve never spotted a large cat, but they’ve spotted you!)

Reminds me of this character’s line at 0:13!

Thanks for the survival tips and stories! I’m not even sure whether the Singapore Zoo has mountain lions, though we have bears - giant pandas on loan from China! You certainly have a more exciting life than a city-slicker like me! :blush:

The most adventuring I’ve done are carefully-contained ones: walking through jungles and snorkeling on school field-trips. I think there was one time I rode a raft down a river on another field trip, that was quite fun. A lot of my family trips are to see historical monuments and landmarks, which is the natural choice seeing my folks are probably too old to go hiking in the wilderness!

One way I relieve stress, I suppose, is to travel. My folks used to pick the destination when we were younger and less world-weary. But now that we’re older and have a better sense of the world, we’re the ones picking our next vacation destinations! Unfortunately, my dad has a back problem, so we can’t venture as far or doing as active trips as we used to when we were younger.

Some ways in which I relieve stress are very unusual. Sometimes a good song is enough to distract me from my worries. It also helps to dance silly to one of your favorite songs on occasion. Other times, I start desperately searching my mind for something hysterical from a movie or that a friend once told me. In addition, if someone said something that offended me or made me feel stupid, I try to find the stupidity in their comment and laugh it off. I also try to think of people like good friends or family who I know would laugh with me if they knew what that certain someone had said was so dumb. In short, I try to laugh my stress off, and it usually works if you find the right way.

Yess! I’m sure that Horst could easily defeat a mountain lion! And my life isn’t that interesting really!

And those adventuring sound pretty dangerous. Jungles, snorkeling? That’s adventure!

Those are all great ways to get through the hard times. Moving your body defiantly eases stress, and jokes even more so! And also when folks get you down or insult you, just remember that you like what you like, and that’s all that matters!

LQstudiesPixar: I sometimes do that when I get back from work and I’m alone in the house. There’s a full-length mirror by the main door and the dining table’s right in front of it, where I usually have my laptop. I’d play a song and start dancing to it. I should probably record it someday (or maybe not 8D ). I’ve been dancing to Will Smith’s Wild Wild West and Psy’s Gangnam Style the past few days. It’s just fun to work up a sweat and goof around in the privacy of your own home after being in such a staid and serious work environment.

Took me till just now to realize it was gone. 8D

^Hehe, it won’t happen again!

I’ll tell you my way of relieving stress–I think of California.

Is this a trip you’ve been on or a trip you’d like to go on?

Actually, I’ve been on this trip.

Singing, playing video games, watching tv/youtube, working out, swimming

One word. Sauna.
…a-and of course awesome animation movies.

Listening to my favourite classical music works; watching great films; sleeping; watching Youtube videos; petting my pets.

Speaking of stress, I could use a massage right now. so tense

I have couple of ideas

I go for swimming
I listen music
I go for shopping

*Edited by TSS

Welcome to Pixar Planet!

Pets are the best kind of stress relievers!

As a stressy person myself, I often find it hard to snap out of it quickly :confused: But, colouring in sometimes helps! Also a good hug.