How to Train Your Dragon 2

Oh man, thank you so much PadawanLinea for posting this! I didn’t even know an official teaser trailer was out yet! I was too busy looking for one for Mr. Peabody and Sherman. This makes me want to watch the first movie again!

EDIT: Oh, no wonder. It barely came out today. :unamused:

You’re welcome!! :smiley: I catch this stuff early in the day because I’m up so early for work.

I actually went ahead and watched the first movie this afternoon since I hadn’t seen it in ages. It was just as amazing as ever. I can’t believe I have to wait a whole year for the next one!!! The wait will kill me!

That teaser brought tears to my eyes. It gave me that same feeling I got from the first movie when Hiccup and Toothless had their first successful flight together, which also brought tears to my eyes. The score has a lot to do with it. They are both very exhilarating scenes to me.

I liked how they aged Hiccup; you don’t see that often in animated films (plus I think he’s really handsome now).

DreamWorks have unveiled a poster for the movie! It was drawn by Drew Struzan, who created the posters for Star Wars, Back to the Future, and Indianna Jones, amongst others.

hypable.com/2013/07/16/how-t … toothless/

They’re going to give the poster away at Comic-Con. I hope they use it when the movie actually comes out- it’s very striking and cool.

:`-( They’re giving away so many nice things at comic con! I’m dying.

OHMYGOD I’m so freaking excited for this!!! Hiccup you handsome devil, why do I have to wait til 2014??? Why?? D: whines

That poster is beautiful!! Two of my favorite things, HTTYD and Drew Struzan, put together! Why, oh, why must it only be for the lucky Comic Con people??!! sobs uncontrollably :`-(

There are too many things being given away and sold at comic con that I need. D:

The animation and the music in the teaser were gorgeous. I’ll definitely be checking it out on DVD. Not too sure if I’d see it in the theater though.

Here’s the official trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9a4PvzlqoQ

The trailer looks cool! I find it interesting that they’ve edited the trailer like many live-action trailers are- they’re not pushing the comedy so hard, which is pretty unusual for an animated film lately. I find it odd they seem to give away the surprise of who the masked person is- they set them up like a villain then immediately reveal who they are, in the first proper trailer of all places.

HTTYD2 is a beautiful movie. I loved it as much, maybe even more, as the first one, and it made me cry about five times and had to bite my fingers to not end up as a sobbing mess. The music was beautiful, especially Jónsi’s song, the animation and character design was once again top-notch, and the emotional parts were done really well. The humor felt really natural and not forced, and there was once again quite some symbolism. Like for Hiccup, the theme that he [spoil]finds one thing and loses another (finds a friend in Toothless, loses his leg - finds his mother, loses his father)[/spoil] is done really well [spoil]and is utterly heartwrenching.[/spoil]
So many things caught me by surprise, but it was all done so well that I felt so many feelings that are impossible to describe. Both me and my parents loved it, and we couldn’t stop talking about it in the car ride back home.

And the flight scenes once again, oh my gosh. They are truly the height of animated cinema, I swear. I cannot think of other animated movie scenes that have so much impact on me like Hiccup and Toothless flying together.

Go where no one goes, indeed. Dreamworks, I take my metaphorical hat off for you guys.

Yes, I forgot to comment on just how excellent this movie’s score is. Same with the first of course, but the music alone really blows you away at times.

Congrats to HTTYD2 for winning the Golden Globe last night for Best Animated Feature

I actually was not as impressed with this film. I was expecting more because everyone talked about it and it got all these awards, but I don’t know it didn’t resonate with me at all.

I enjoyed it a lot when I saw it, but now that some months have passed I’ve found that a lot of it was pretty forgettable. I still like it, but some aspects were very weak. The villain was particularly forgettable.

^I seriously cannot remember who the villain was, and I saw it like four months ago.

I liked it, but, in my opinion, the first one was better. The flight scenes were gorgeous, and [spoil]I bawled at the funeral scene[/spoil], but some dialogue sounded forced, and the plot wasn’t really that great. I didn’t like very much how Hiccup changed, too. This may be an unpopular opinion, seeing how everyone was crazy about grown-up Hiccup, but I loved constantly sarcastic first-movie Hiccup, who used his wits to solve his problems. In the second film, he thought of what, one thing? [spoil]With the baby dragons?[/spoil] Still, I enjoyed the movie and I’m looking forward to seeing the third one. I hope they planned something great for it.

^I completely agree with you. Especially on 1st movie Hiccup >>> 2nd movie Hiccup.