I cried.

Haha, ok, I was about to say! That’s the most emotional spot in the movie for me, hands down. Not saying I don’t love [spoil]Kevin (I’ve found her more appealing after not watching the movie for a few weeks, kinda odd) but I just didn’t feel that attached to her.[/spoil]

Yeah, I teared up a bit at the[spoil] opening montage[/spoil]… it was so sweet but so sad.

Because it was my first time seeing Up, I wasn’t surprised that I was so teary pretty much right the way through. The same thing happened with WALL-E- even when he’s just flying through space for the first time I cried. :laughing: I teared up at pretty much all of the moments mentioned, especially the opening montage, because although I had deduced that some sad things were going to happen, I didn’t realise just how brutal it was going to be.

I also teared up when [spoil]Kevin gets back with her babies and they say goodbye to her. I was like, “nooo! Don’t leave Kevin! She’s awesome!” :laughing: And when Muntz got killed. That took me by surprise, and then seeing Carl having to say goodbye to his house and essentially his previous life was just so sad…[/spoil]

I’d say that Up is definitely one of Pixar’s most tear-jerking movies, and considering how sad some of their previous ones have been, that’s no mean feat!

Haha, sounds like you enjoyed the film to me, I love how in touch you seem to have been with the characters! Very cool. :wink:

Up is also quite the tear-jerker for me.

Funny enough, the scene I cried most intensely the last couple of times wasn’t one of the “usual suspects”, but [spoil]“Memories can weigh you down” (when Carl empties the house and rides to the rescue)[/spoil].
Tears of pure joy, I can tell you.
I absolutely love that scene, especially the music, which is more epic than anything John Williams or Hans Zimmer will ever come up with.

I agree whole-heartedly totoro, it’s a fantastic piece. I think Up with End Credits (full soundtrack version, not the shorter one in the credits) blows every score I’ve ever heard out of the park though. I cry listening to that song, as well as Carl Goes Up, (during the movie) and Stuff We Did (just that scene,… dang)

[spoil]“Now it might sound boring, but I think it’s the boring stuff I remember the most.”[/spoil]

That line makes me well up every. Single. Time.

Doesn’t warrant tissues for me, but I absolutely love that line as well, it’s his best one I think. For me, it’s that darn [spoil]book scene.[/spoil] I almost end up sobbing watching it, every time. 58 for 58.

I’m with ffdude. Even watching at home, my eyes still water a bit at the [spoil]Adventure Book[/spoil] scene. That is just so beautifully done.

… sigh, yes… that[spoil] emotional book scene[/spoil] just does it for anyone that’s empathic. That is Pixar at it’s finest!

.[spoil] The miscarriage scene is unbearably sad, but I love the way Pixar deal with Ellie’s death, the way it shows Carl running up the hill in front of her, dissolving to her in the hospital and then Carl at the funeral home, so subtle and beautiful without being overbearing. [/spoil]

I love this film so much. I have never been a moved, I’ve never laughed as much and it’s been a long time since I’ve been as thrilled as I was watching this film. This is definitely one for the ages.

Out of the whole montage, the bit that really gets me is [spoil]when Carl floats the balloon in to Ellie in the hospital room. There’s just something so touching about that.[/spoil]

Oh man, same here. Every single time I watched it, by that point I was bawling.

I mentioned that to a friend of mine who just bought the movie for her family, and she said it didn’t make her cry, “but it was touching and sad in places.” I just don’t understand how someone who is married could watch those scenes and not get emotional. I did and I’m not even married!! :cry:

little chef

I cried my eyes out. Up is one of only a few films that have made me cry but I love it for it.

Seriously, everyone I seem to talk to says he/she cried at least once during Up.

And I can’t blame them, I did too. Four times at least. Still do too. Up is such an amazing movie C: A real tearjerker.

[spoiler]Especially Ellie’s miscarriage and death. So sad.

Also when Carl and Russell are sitting under the house in the rain and Russell asks Carl to protect Kevin and Dug (and to cross his heart.). Gets me every time too. ;-;

And the ending, but that’s mostly happy tears.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Up is the second Pixar film that made me cry. I was crying during the first five minutes of the movie! But it wasn’t one of those movies that leave you crying… it instantly picks you “up” and gives you some humor and charm to wipe the tears away!

I hear ya on all of those Badger, and the one that kills me, [spoil]When Carl’s looking through the adventure book at the falls. That’s my one scene I can never avoid bawling on, as I’ve said incessantly.[/spoil]

Okay, so last night at Wal-Mart, they had Up playing on those TVs and stuff, and it was the part where [spoil]Carl was getting ready to leave for the retirement home and finds the scrapbook then starts going through it[/spoil], and I was just standing there watching it… and at the movies it didn’t get me as much, for some reason… but as I stood there and continued to watch I knew I was going to start crying. And I’m thinking, “Don’t cry!! You’re in the middle of Wal-Mart! Holy crap, people are gonna see you crying!!!” And just before I could seriously start getting emotional, my mom called me away - and thank God.

The other day I found a clip online of the infamous [spoil]going through the scrapbook at the falls scene at the end[/spoil], and thankfully I was home alone, but I cried and cried and watched again and cried even harder. Fortunately everyone came home a while later so I had a chance to calm down. :laughing:

I pretty much started this full-blown convo on Facebook with my friends about crying during this movie and how contrary to popular and shallow belief, some certain well-made “cartoons” (referring to PIXAR’s movies, which I usually get put down for watching and getting emotional over) actually carry weighty themes and convey some SERIOUS emotion!!! OMG, figure that one out! And yeah, I had a few friends say there that they cried almost the entire time when they saw it at the movies, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bleh, I hate when I ramble…

little chef

Haha, don’t worry little_chef, I caught the tail end of it at Wal-Mart once and had to wipe my face during the [spoil]badge ceremony[/spoil], it’s all good. I’m an absolute sucker, especially for that clip you found online. I DIE there.