I Love Lotso Huggin Bear!!!!

Ok, ok, calm down. It’s too bad he was evil. He didn’t seem like an evil guy at first.

YES, I Love Lotso.

He is Pixar’s most complex antagonist ever besides Syndrome. :sunglasses:

Also, considering how he’s from a mass-produced toy line and happens to be a would-be killer, I think that pop culture might finally have a new " Chucky " – assuming Lotso becomes a global icon who’s very name evokes images of horror and destroyed childhood innocense. Those of you who used to have bad dreams about Chucky , you know what I mean. :wink:

First off, Pixie, your sig hold my fave Syndrome line ever!

Second, I adore Lotso, even if we was a jerk.
What I dont get is [spoil]Why did’nt the parents go back for the toys? Lotso and the others waited and no one showed…[/spoil]

Maybe they couldn’t find them. Or perhaps they didn’t want to drive to get the toys when they could just buy a new one or something.

Well, they probably thought they’d be lost for good, ripped up by dogs, or just found by some other kid by the time they realised they were gone.

There’s so many things I could say about Lotso…

Ned Beatty was the perfect choice for him, and gives him an absolutely perfect warm and grandfatherly voice. But his true nature… definetly makes him the best Pixar [spoil]villain or Disney villain ever. What’s haunting is the fact Lotso doesn’t need to be a devil like Chernabog from Fantasia, or be a God like Hades, or a powerful lion like in The Lion King - he’s a plush pink teddy bear. I found out the truth about him before seeing the film, and I will tell you, my heart pounded out of my chest right before he said, “Put him in the time out chair!”

And do I need to elaborate on, “Where’s your kid NOW, sherriff?!?” Truly, that cemeneted his place among cinema’s greatest villains. I don’t think he should’ve died, as he will when he is finally thrown away by the garbage truckman, but he should’ve been shown at least seeing Woody and the others come out safe and sound.[/spoil]

Lotso is great at everything he’s there for, villain or otherwise. I really want to see videos of Ned Beatty recording ALL his lines. That should be very interesting to see Beatty get that [spoil]aggressive.[/spoil]

If you love Lotso… then you might be interested in this…

At WDW, they have a Lotso character now… Next time I go, I will try to get a pic with him & show you what I mean…

Just thought I’d share this with ya…

Lotso is my favorite character from the Toy Story series. (If you couldn’t tell from my icon…) I was a fan of him before I found out he was [spoil]evil[/spoil], and even that couldn’t ruin him for me come the release of TS3. I went out and bought the TSC Lotso, I even suffered a bruise in my ego for buying the Toy Story Silly Bandz, and proudly wear my Lotso one every day.

I get sick of having to defend his actions all of the time. Most people (I’m in high school, so that probably explains a bunch…) just look at me odd and go, “Oh, but he’s [spoil]evil! How could you support a character like that!!!”[/spoil]

I mean, for me, it’s probably more so how adorable he is. Especially the TSC Lotso - how darling. But his backstory had me sobbing in the theater, more so then the pivotal scene where everybody loses it towards the end. He’s just a tragic character. I don’t know how to sum this up, really, but I love Lotso. I guess that’s that.

Ermmmm, I wouldn’t really classify Lotso as being conventionally evil. Psychotic, sociopathic and sadistic definitely, but not really evil. I sort of think of “evil” as being someone diabolical like Syndrome, with an overarching plan in mind.

Someone like…Dr. Evil?

Perhaps. But he’s such a large ham and he eventually turns in the series, that it kind of cancels it out.

Someone like Muntz or Hopper are definitely clear cut PIXAR villains.