I saw UP today!

Aww, come on Bryko614.
It will be more fun if you wait to find out what happens when it opens in theaters. :wink:

I feel like I’d be doing Pixar a disservice by spoiling the movie for people.

I am well aware about Up’s believability. One thing the film was described as was a fantasy, so I know not to bring all reality into this film and debunk it because of that.

Besides, I’m actually looking forward to seeing the sequence(s) with [spoil]the dogs flying the airplanes[/spoil]. Sounds like a very silly, yet fun idea, for a film like this.

Eh…I always spoil stuff. Besides, actually seeing it, to me, is just as fresh even if I do know what happens.

You really have to suspend belief, I know what your talking about but this movie is nowhere near as bad as the last indiana jones were some of the sequences were just ridiculous. UP was absolutely incredible with no low point what so ever. I was intrigued throughout and it probably is the best PIXAR movie to date just cause of the action and the comedy.

I was lucky enough to see it today, complete with 3D, Partly Cloudy, and credits. The movie was absolutely fantastic, the 3D was ‘eh’, and Partly Cloudy was a definite disappointment.

Read my recently-written Up review here (disneyetc.blogspot.com/2009/05/m … loudy.html) to read all about it!

I think anyone who goes into Up expecting an “In yo face!” 3-D extravaganza, and nothing more - they will be greatly disappointed.
I think Up, just like how I described Coraline’s 3-D, is that it is used just to give the film that much more depth and less gimmicks, so it could look more like you are looking through a window than just a screen. I just recently found out John Lasseter said pretty much the same thing I say about 3-D (At the Cannes Film Festival) and how they will use it as a tool to further enhance the experience, not throw in every gimmicky 3-D trick that we’ve gotten used to seeing over the years. People need to except that 3-D has come a long way, and some film companies are starting to use it as a tool, and not just a toy.

I saw that interview with Lasseter as well, and I certainly agree with you that Pixar does have the best 3D out there. They definitely made it less annoying and gimmicky than, say, DreamWorks. At least Pixar’s 3D doesn’t distract from the story.

I just feel that 3D as a whole is pretty ‘eh’. I was pretty disheartened when I found out that Pixar is jumping on the bandwagon of the sudden craze with 3-dimensions. Mark my words: 3D will not be around in 5 years. It is simply a way for studios to convince theaters to put digital projectors into their projection booths, thus lowering shipping, printing, and distributing costs.