Ideas for future Pixar actors

Oh, I know! There are some celebrities who I wish would stop saying their opinions.

COughKanyeWestCough

I heard somewhere before that Robin Williams was offered a part in Finding Nemo, but he turned it down because it would have meant being associated with Disney (anyone who’s familiar with his conflict with Jeffrey Katzenberg over The Genie in Aladdin will understand this, which is also why he turned down parts in DreamWorks films). As far as I know nobody knows which character he would have played though. Crush perhaps?

As for me, I can only think of Christopher Lloyd right now for some reason. I always thought he was a great voice actor. It’s probably because I had been looking at some gameplay videos of the Back to the Future game lately, where they got him to play Doc Brown again. He’s still got it.

Hey, Christopher Lloyd is a great choice.

Actually, Sean Penn was considered for the part of Crush, until Pixar decided that Andrew Stanton did the surfer dude voice too well.

Yeah, I’m probably forgetting that Andrew came up with the surfer voice. It’s easy for me to think Crush because I could just picture Robin’s voice in that kind of performance.

LOL, you’re right. I can also picture Robin doing a surfer dude voice, he just loves accents!

Okay. I agree completely. I just wanted you to know you didn’t personally bother me. Actually, you were right, because you used the types of people you meant. I just misworded my last post. :slight_smile:

I don’t know why, but I think Leonardo DiCaprio would be an interesting voice-over.

Flik-E, could you PM me over the Disney/Robin Williams thing? I’m just so into 90’s Disney I would love to know more, if it’s okay that I ask. :slight_smile:

He’s voicing an upcoming DreamWorks project. Let’s see how that works.

Well, cr@p. :frowning: First Will Ferrell, not him. Why, God? WHY?

If Nicolas Cage or Harrison Ford does a DW movie, I’ll be sad. It just seems so unlikely for someone doing a DW project to do a future Disney or Pixar project.

Well, it can be a good DreamWorks project, uh?

Anyway, it has happened. Reese Witherspoon starred on a DreamWorks movie and now she’s the protagonist of Brave.

I know they can be good. That’s not the point. I like a few DreamWorks movies; it just seems likely that actors choose sides. And I guess she is. Sorry.

Nah, don’t worry.

Also, John Goodman did the same thing, on the opposite direction, with Bee Movie.

So I suppose they just take the projects if they like the script.

Well, I guess that’s true. I give up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Has Jeff Bridges been mentioned yet? He so needs to have a cameo in Monsters, Inc. 2, even better if it’s a scene with Sulley and Randall.

I think Robert De Niro would be good. I remember reading in The Pixar Touch that he was the first choice to play Hopper in A Bug’s Life, but he turned it down immediately.

That’s too bad, I wonder why.

elle-jessie-eve - Here’s the explanation from The Pixar Touch:

Ah, alright, I remember now. I have the book! I guess I should re-read it.

It’s really for the best that they all turned the role down. Kevin Spacey was pitch perfect.

I agree totally. I think Hopper turned out as the best Pixar villain.