Ideas for future Pixar films

They should hire you!

Haha. I love them, cause you can introduce a lot of humor under the guise of something serious. I’ve had a very great time with them.

Yes, I forgot aaabout snakes and spiders. I guess there’s a whole bunch of other ghings too.

Human stories don’t count, and I am against every Pixar story where humaans are the focal point now. But anyway, young boys aren’t on the human intrigue…they do like superheroes, thus the appeal of The Incredibles…not sure what the appeal of Braave is supposed to be, other thaan the title, though I guess boys also like bears, maybe? After all, Lotso was a success in Toy Story 3.

I’m pretty sure they aren’t doing “things that boys like”.

So I keep not understanding your point about “being against movies with humans”. They’re just as imaginative.

Why don’t human stories count? They can do what they want with their movies. Why are you against human centered stories so much.

And is your snake and spider comment sarcastic or serious?

I really want to see Pixar do a live action film.

I actually would love to see Pixar make a movie about an animal species that is unjustly looked down upon due to incorrect portrayals in the past, such as hyenas, skunks or crocodiles. Or snakes.

(Hyenas: have interesting social structures, are more clever than wolves and often hunt in groups, to which lions steal their kill (really, the Lion King got it all wrong!)
Skunks: Are actually pretty adorable animals and deserve more love since they only stink if provoked
Crocodiles: Very interesting animals, can go for months without food, females are very caring of their young and they’ve been around since the dinosaurs
Snakes: have cute faces.)

That is a great idea! Those animals are all great but have bad reps. It’d be interesting to see how Pixar would do with a story about any one of those species.

Excellent idea Badger. It sounds like a great story. I like how those animals would be looked down on and it would be cool to see how they would achieve respect in the world.

I would love to see a Pixar movie about shoes. Not people who wear shoes: actual shoes, in the vein of Cars, only with sneakers, sandals and high heels.

As much as I love Toy Story and some of the short films on that topic, I think Pixar should stop, at least for a long while, with stories about inanimate objects.

Cars was fine, but even for an universe as rich as the automotive one, a lot of people couldn’t help but wonder how it was possible. Then imagine how a movie about shoes will be! Or condiments, for that matter (As in The Simpsons parody)

Or Clothes! 8D

I remember once, quite a long time ago, Disney was supposed to make a movie set to Roald Dahl’s “The Gremlins”, but it was scrapped. With their recent appearance in “Epic Mickey”, maybe Pixar could pick it up and make a movie about them set in the WW2 era of the book? :confused:

I remember somebody mentioned a movie about trees earlier in this thread. Why not have a movie set around dryads? Maybe have it set around the fact that, since humans no longer believe in them, they are starting to disappear. Something like that.

Incidentally, if Pixar did an adaption of the “Silverwing” series by Kenneth Oppel, I would be forever happy. It’s a fantasy book series centered around bats.

One premise I definitely could see Pixar doing eventually is that of a kid-centric adventure a la The Goonies. Being animated I think it would have to be a lot more fantastical than its live-action counterparts. It could involve some urban legend that the kids discover is real and/or more benevolent than the legend implies.

Another idea I’ve mentioned but may ruffle some feathers is [spoil]a Bambi reboot. The story is very Pixarish and could benefit from a much longer runtime than the original Disney incarnation allowed. They could also follow it up with the first ever feature adaptation of Bambi’s Children; further justifying the reboot.[/spoil]

I really hope Pixar never makes an adaptation. Not because adaptations are bad, but because it’s sort of a signature from them and I like that a lot.

I wouldn’t want Pixar to adapt any Disney films personally.

Yep. I love to think of them as completely separated things. A move like that would make everybody think that Pixar is just a Disney name. Which is what a lot of people already think :angry:

I don’t mind what Pixar do, aslong as it’s good :slight_smile:

Well, honestly, they kind of are. The amount of power John Lasseter has at Disney pretty much makes the two companies inseparable.

Well, but people think it’s the other way around.