If You Could Change One Thing...

I see what you mean. A lot of pepole don’t like Country or Western music. I on the other hand love it, and the soundtrack is defintely my favorite of Pixar’s soundtracks. (based off of songs, not score).

I too hated the amount of pop songs instead of a completely instrumental score. But I think I already addressed that, as my frustration seeing they did the same thing again.

I’m so happy this thread is back! It’s one of my favorites! :smiley: :mrgreen:

[spoil][size=50]Any chance of the favorite members thread ever coming back?[/size][/spoil]

I disliked very much the use of Real Gone. But my main problem with the movie was that I would have liked to see Lightning bond with the townsfolk, especially Mater Doc. How can someone be your hero or your best friend if you barely interact with them?

I for one loved the music and I’m not a country music fan at all! I do agree there could have been more bonding time but that would have been hard to squeeze into the time limit.

• Remove “Real Gone” from the racing scene. It distracted me from being immersed in the story. I can’t even think of any other artists who sing in previous Pixar films without any serious contribution to the story (i.e. “When Somebody Loved Me”). It just seems like a very non-Pixar thing to do. And hey, I just noticed while writing this post that someone else has objected to this as well.
  • Not have pushed the Mater jokes so much, or rather try to make his humor more creative.
  • The screenplay’s not the strongest Pixar has come up with.

This isn’t something that can be fixed easily, but I felt like Cars marketed to a niche audience. Yes, there was a universal story at the heart of the film, and I won’t bother denying that. But… all the racing references and cameos? The country soundtrack? I just don’t stomach it all well. If you look at Pixar’s other films, they’re usually more neutral and will avoid leaving people out because of culture. I feel like I’m sitting at a lunch table with three other people who are talking about something I’m completely uninterested in, and I’m just sitting there awkwardly.

I agree with your bullet points. I actually hate that song and its use in the movie. However, I really loved the NASCAR jokes and references. Especially when JR showed up. <3 8D

I really loved the JR bit too. :smiley: And why does everybody have a hate on for Real Gone? I mean it’s not the best song for sure but they needed a song to go in there for the opening scene…are there any other suggestions on what you think would be a good opening song? I mean an actual song, not a score.

I just hate the song. And Sheryl Crowe. No logic there, I just do. 8D

youtube.com/watch?v=iUBwjyhRweQ

How about this piece of work? :sunglasses:

I like that! That’s a good one but I think it could be something even a little more stronger than that if you get what I mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mo, I don’t really get what you mean. I don’t know, I just hate when I see songs I dislike in movies I like! 8D

Hahaha, that’s alright, it’s hard to explain. Well, I had never heard that song before so I just came to like it since it was in my fav movie. If it was one I didn’t like though then yeah, that would totally ruin it. I’ve always been a minor, very minor Sheryl fan though so it was fine with me.

Lightning and Sally would have kissed. Hands, erm :confused: , tires down. :wink:

Also, about Real Gone, I really liked that song for the beginning. If you listen to the lyrics, it really encompasses Lightning’s “attitude” and place in the racing business, especially the second verse. :slight_smile:

[i]"But there’s a new cat in town
He’s got high-faded friends
Thinks he’s gonna change history

You think you know him so well
Yeah you think he’s so swell
But it’s just a front you wait and see"[/i]

The rest of the soundtrack was great! “Life is a Highway” is a definitely a big favorite for me and it seems to be the most popular song from the soundtrack.

I know! The lyrics of it just scream his personality. You’re right about “Life is a Highway” too, I’m quite sure it is the most popular. I love the cover Rascal Flatts did for it, and the video rocks too for obvious reasons! :smiley:

Yes, the video does rock! I’ve got it on my iPod and I definitely love watching it. :smiley: I hear Rascal Flatt’s “Life is A Highway” on like mainstream pop stations sometimes, too, which is weird. It’s always weird hearing a song you know from a Disney movie on the radio. 8D

Yes, that is weird! I only have heard the original version on the radio but it still makes me think of Cars. :slight_smile:

You know, I didn’t even know there was an original. Who is it by?

The original is by Tom Cochrane. It’s good, a bit slower though. I like the Rascal Flatts one better myself but the original is still great.

First movie only, eh? I would have added Carified WALL-E characters to the movie parody montage during the credits.

I mean, you know, if it wouldn’t have been a time paradox. :laughing:

There were parodies I wanted to see in the credits that were left out, too. I hoped top see them in Cars 2, but, obviously, that didn’t happen.

I agree, that would have been nice if they extended that part. :stuck_out_tongue: