In Which Netbug Writes Other Stuff

[b]Kirby (Anime continuity)

Definition[/b]

What defines a hero? Was it something you were born to be, or something you became? If it was the earlier, he had already failed miserably.

He wasn’t saving anybody either, nor was he going to kill any great evil today (he’s be lucky just to escape the room alive) and yet, as Meta Knight stabbed the index finger of his former master and his creator in defiance, he felt extremely heroic.

He moved from the finger, running frantically from Nightmare. That question kept going through his mind, and he wondered if it’s possible to be a hero to yourself.

[b]One Piece

Supervision[/b]

With every step Zoro took through the town, the sound of hoofs clomping along followed him.

Every. Single. Step. And he was sure he’d passed by at least three medicine shops already. But without the slightest lingering or even a single comment, it followed him all the way to the sword shop. Inside, he did his best to look at swords in any direction but his crewmate. Having a hard time with this (not to mention focusing on his business while being hovered over) he didn’t stay long.

The sound followed him just as precisely back to the Going Merry.

The same crewmate didn’t go to sleep until Zoro did that night.

When the swordsman climbed into his hammock, he noticed a rope tied ridiculously tightly between his own hammock and another. If he were to get up in the middle of the night, the motion would swing the other hammock and wake up a certain occupant who had been rather annoying lately and had no doubt set this up.

The rope even had a bit of tension so the other hammock would swing anyway if the rope was cut. Clever. Zoro made a mental note to kill Usopp for teaching the reindeer stuff like this.

“Hey Chopper! What’s going on?”

No reply. Not even a glance. And it’d been weird enough for Luffy to see Chopper sitting on the deck doing nothing this time of day. Normally he was reading medical books or working with medicine right about now. “Chopper?” Luffy poked his nakama in the shoulder. Still getting nothing, he looked at Chopper’s face.

Chopper was… angry? No, just very serious. Focused. Luffy traced Chopper’s hard stare to Zoro, who was doing his routine weight training. The captain’s expression lit up. “Oh cool! Zoro’s gonna do a trick, isn’t he?” Luffy sat down cross-legged next to Chopper. “I wonder what will happen? Is he going to throw the weight and bounce it off the clouds?”

Moments later, Usopp walked by and looked from his sketch pad to Luffy and Chopper, eyebrow raised. “Uh… what are you guys doing?”

“Zoro’s gonna throw the weight and bounce it off the clouds!” Luffy replied, giving the marksman a giant grin.

“…Not all clouds are like in Skypea, Luffy.”

“Oh.” Luffy turned his attention back to Zoro. “Well then I dunno. But he is gonna do a trick.”

“Cool,” Usopp said, sitting to join the row of spectators.

At this point, Nami noticed Luffy, Chopper, And Usopp actually in the same vicinity and sitting down in a semi-organized fashion. The virtual paradox powered her curiosity to find out what was so interesting about Zoro’s training today. Of course, Sanji followed her down the steps. Robin didn’t move from her chair nearby, but was coaxed enough by the growing nakama throng to look up from her book at the spectacle.

Zoro felt all the stares gorge into his back, and started counting every time he lifted the weight in his head to attempt ignoring the group. 1462, 1463, 1464…

Then there was the talking (a good half of it being Luffy).

“All right! A trick!”

“Oh, is that what’s going on?”

“Trick! Trick! Trick!”

“Are you sure he’s gonna do something?”

“Sure I’m sure! Chopper said so!”

“When? He seems kinda quiet, come to think of it… You okay Chopper?”

“Come on Zoro! Do the trick already!”

“Yeah, hurry up so Nami can get back into the shade of the sail!”

“Uh… thanks Sanji, but I’m fine.”

“Woohoo! Trick!”

Snap.

At last, Zoro turned to face the rest of the crew. “Enough!” He screamed, immediately shutting up the entire group.

With a swing of his free arm so firm that it seemed to have an anger all its own, Zoro directed his gaze and pointed index finger at Chopper.

“All right! You win! I’ll stop taking off my bandages when you’re not looking! Now would you just leave me be already?”

Chopper grinned.

[b]Homestuck

Jack Noir: Abscond

Spoilers for A6I1[/b]

You are now JACK NOIR.

You have just preformed a great deal of MURDEROUS ACTS towards several WEIRD ALIEN KIDS WHO LIKE CAUSING TROUBLE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB and DEFENSELESS CARAPICES, resulting in an horrific (but completely justified) level of BLOODSHED. None of this, not even the blood that remains on your ONLY ARM is really of any concern to you. You know that every single death you caused on your BLIND RAMPAGE was absolutely nessesary and not at all superfluous to make it out of the DYING UNIVERSE you used to inhabit.

Upon reaching a VERY MUCH ALIVE UNIVERSE, you immediately encounter a….

….wow….

What… what IS this? You feel your heart pounding in your chest! Which should be impossible, seeing how your heart no longer serves to actually pump LIFE SUSTAINING MATTER and is now a HILT for your SWORD OF KILLING MANY THINGS.

You continue to focus on the PRETTY GIRL DOGGY who followed you into the VERY MUCH ALIVE UNIVERSE, and have sudden mixed feelings about MURDER, something you have never held any distain for in the past.

What will you do?

Jack Noir: Abscond

You abscond from fighting with the PRETTY GIRL DOGGY WHO SMELLS NICE AND oh you can’t believe you’re running from somebody who tried to get in your way. What is wrong with you?

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
Sprx/Nova
There Was No Way

There was the sound of the missiles exploding, and suddenly Sprx was in the med bay. He knew it before focusing his optics. No other room had the smell of gallons of disinfectant. The hard metal cots. The mind-numbing white noise generator.

He opened his eyes, and sure enough, he saw the bubbling stasis tubes. The surgical instruments looking over him. The dimmed computer screens. Nova standing nearb- Wait.

“Nova?” he said. Groaned. He hadn’t realized how low on energy his body still was while his brain flew from ugly colored wall to ugly colored wall.

“Welcome back,” Nova greeted with a smirk. But the yellow monkey’s signature compassion wasn’t easily hidden away. “How do you feel?”

“Like a freaky probe shot missiles in my face.”

“Well, duh.”

Sprx scoffed, elevating himself as much as he could with an elbow. “Sheesh. What got in your fur?”

“You.”

Sprx was too busy blinking at Nova’s reply to see her put a hand on her hip. He snapped out of it just in time to notice he was being glared at. “You didn’t have to go ahead on your own. We were all on our way with the robot; everyone’s been worried.”

“Oh?” Sprx still couldn’t get his head more than a half foot from the cot, but his mouth was already back on its proverbial feet. “Then how come you’re the only one in here?” He smirked wider and wiggled his eyebrows more than he normally would; even Nova wouldn’t hit him while he was bed ridden. As a matter of fact, she didn’t reply at all, looking away from Sprx, unable to find words to retort. Sprx found himself looking away from her too, confused.

“So, what was so bad?”

“Eh?”

“What was so bad that you couldn’t tell me unless we were about to get torn to pieces by a rusty trash blender?” Nova rolled her eyes as she asked and left them looking towards an upper corner of the room, and Sprx found himself hoping he’d look back at her, even if it was another glare like he usually got for his antics. It was a mood he wasn’t used to seeing come between them. It wasn’t prideful, or angry, or sad.

It was just awkward.

“Oh. That.” Right. In the garbage disposal, right? It was all fuzzy with trauma and adrenaline, but he did remember almost saying something to Nova. What had he almost said…

“…”

What had he almost said?

There was no way he had almost said that.

Because if he’d almost said that in such a serious situation like that and it had not come out easily like when he was joking then that meant he was actually trying to be honest which would mean he honestly felt something and double monkey doodle this was not supposed to happen.

“Um…”

Nova’s eyes dug into him. Or maybe Sprx was falling into them. He wasn’t sure anymore.

“I…”

His cheeks were burning. He was so thankful to clearly be such a masculine, deep shade of red.

“You’re blushing.”

Crud.

“I…”

He scrambled. He honestly couldn’t remember what he’d said! All he could think of almost saying was that and there was no way he’s almost said that!

“…I’m the one who broke your tea set.”

(Actually, that had been Otto, but Sprx figured he probably owed the green monkey for fixing whatever damage the missiles had done, and Nova’s blank expression seemed to mean she bought it.)

“…You went into my room.”

Oh, yeah. He would have had to have invaded her privacy to even know she had a tea set, huh? Well, no turning back now. “Yes?”

Sprx really wished Nova would reply faster, or else that weird feeling came back. That weird feeling of wanting to hear what she would say next. That awkwardness. And the worst part was, he was starting to get ideas as to why he felt so awkward. And they were all completely nuts. And they all made perfect sense.

When Nova did reply, it wasn’t in the form of words. Her eyes widened and her face turned red with what Sprx assumed must have been fury, but she still didn’t hit him. (Man, being critically wounded was awesome.) She took a deep breath, stood up, and walked out of the med bay, somehow managing to slam the automatic door in her wake.

Greeeeeeaaaaaat.

Unable to follow (and telling himself that the urge was a masochistic side effect of pain killers) Sprx rolled over and tried to remember what he had really almost said.

Because there was no way he had almost said “I love you.”

No way.

Not possible.

Probably not.

…Maybe.

Wonderful job with the new ones! They were very enjoyable.

Thanks! :smiley:

[b]Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

100 Words[/b]

I am a fighter. I stand by those I care about, even in the hardest times. I have made it my goal to always be strong. It is an impossible dream. Everybody needs to let another person watch over them, even for a moment. I let them do that, despite darkness inside telling me not to. But it somehow makes me stronger, as strange as that sounds. These disasters carry me to a place of fear, but I will keep my cool, for their sake. I will be there for them, because they were there for me when I fell.

I am a mechanic. But, I can’t seem to figure out how to fix broken hearts. All of us have had them at some time or another. The closest thing I’ve found to a fix is to just keep smiling. It isn’t like anything else somebody can do, and you need the other person to help you, but it seems to help a lot. People see me differently. That’s okay. I like being different, even if nobody understands. Why does the world think it’s wrong to be a kid sometimes anyway? Sometimes a kid-like brain is what people need.

I am a genius. I will never study enough, however, to understand the logic of heroism. Why do I put myself in danger for the sake of others? Wouldn’t the logical response to danger be to protect my own fur first and foremost? That is basic nature. However, I have discovered something that transcends basic nature. It is my anthem. My lifestyle. What a great irony that is. I feel that I would hate myself if I was any other way, however. For these wonderful people around me, my friends, deserve to be protected. Friendship’s another topic I can’t comprehend.

I am a pilot. I fly into my fantasy world and hate when the real world hits me in the face. But I have to face it. My scars show times I haven’t. I wanted to be a hero, but I didn’t really understand what that meant. So I got out of hand, and soon I realized I was in the last place I ever wanted to be. I have to be stronger. For her, and for the others too. But even with all my dreams, I still can’t believe that love is really so powerful that it saved me.

I am a mentor. I am the one who is first to admit they made a mistake, and yet, there is so much nobody understands. It’s not that I try to hide these things from those I care about. It is simply that I am not sure how to express them myself. I wish I could teach him how to be a hero in a few easy steps. It is something he will have to learn many aspects of alone. Unfortunately, that lesson will come with sacrifice. I’ll be with him to limit how big that sacrifice gets. I promise.

I am a leader, representing a bunch of friends that I look up to. It makes no sense. Honestly, there are lots of times I don’t feel like a leader in anything more than title. There are days I’m not sure that is such a bad thing. We represent a world, a generation, a life, and if I was truly in charge, how much weight would that be on my shoulders? Who really holds that weight? Is there anything I can do to help them? Maybe when I’m older, I’ll understand it all better. I have so much to learn.

Some more great writing! I’m looking forward to more.

Wow, ‘Serious’ got nominated for the PP awards! Thank you so much to whoever nominated it. ^^

Danny Phantom
Tucker/Valerie
Asked Out

It was another cold afternoon. Valerie’s side of the building was opposite the sun, and shadows loomed over it. She looked out the window and down at the passing citizens with nothing certain on her mind.

“Valerie?” She turned to her father. “Somebody is here looking for you. He says his name is Tucker.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll be down in a moment.”

She kept her word and hastily went downstairs, peeking out the doorway. Tucker smiled at her and stood up strait on the front porch.

“So… what are you doing here?”

“Uh…” Tucker pulled hid collar. “You know the school dance is next week, right?”

Valerie had totally forgotten about it. “Why?”

“Well, remember when we almost went together 2 years ago?”

She nodded. He had come to her the night of and said he had to help a lonely friend. She had almost been upset about it…almost.

“Yeah, I remember.”

“Well, I’m not sure if you’d want to, but maybe we could go? Maybe?”

She blinked and tried to figure out a reply. On one hand, she wasn’t really dating much these days, and Tucker was one of the last people she would consider. But, he looked like he was on the brink of death standing out there. Was it really that big a deal what she answered? Would it really hurt him that much for her to say no?

Would it hurt her too?

After all, what had happened between them bad? He had always been there, and he was always willing to help her out, even at his own expense. Why had they never clicked? Was she afraid of what would have happened? She had been such a stupid freshman; all she did was try and be popular at first, then she had started to see an unpopular boy who was nice, and things changed.

That’s when she realized it was happening again.

Digimon (Adventure)
Approval

He stood opposite her, her eyes staring at the floor. He still couldn’t believe this was the eighth digimon, Kari’s digimon…

His sister’s digimon.

Her face was filled with guilt. After all, was she not the one who had caused so much trouble for him, the others, and her partner? Learning that the eighth digimon was that same cat had been so… so… well, at first he didn’t believe it. Who would have really? Even when she took a hit for Kari, it could have been a trick to gain trust. The thought of a villain teaming up with his sister was disappointing to put it lightly. Very disappointing. He had a kind, sweet digimon like the others in his head when he imagined meeting the eighth digimon. There was no way Gatomon could be that digimon. Pushing Kari out of the way hadn’t made him believed Gatomon cared in the least.

But her eyes did.

Her eyes showed hate for the very evil that she had once fallowed. Her eyes showed happiness from just being with her partner, and only then. Her eyes showed her desire to protect that partner with her life. It was like she was seeing clearly for the first time in her life.

He smiled at the digimon, who saw it out of the top of her eye and immediately perked up, smiling back. To her, it was a sign of approval from one of the few people who loved the child as much as she did.

It meant the world to her.

[b]One Piece

Make it Yourself
[/b]

“After mixing all of that together and baking for thirty minutes, it will be complete.”

“Alright, you heard Robin-cwan!”

“Right! Tonight’s dinner will be SUUUPER!”

“Sanji, I wanted to draw some maps before dinner…”

“Oh Nami-swan I wouldn’t dream of pulling you from your beautiful art! You just leave this to me!”

“Uh, yeah, speaking of leaving, I actually had some training I was in the middle of-”

“Shut up and do your job. Hey! Quit swiping ingredients!”

“I’m just taking a little for some flour stars!”

“Flour stars?”

“Sit back down Luffy!”

“Awww, but Sanji…”

“I said sit! I’m not letting you eat everything!”

“That doesn’t explain why I’m stuck over here.”

“Because you’re a stupid marimo- What the- Chopper that’s not in the recipe Robin read off!”

“I know, but this is great for muscle aches and after that battle yesterday-”

“I don’t even know what that thing is! Get it away from the pot!”

“Food that helps stop muscle aches isn’t a bad idea! Ah… but I have no muscles to ache. Yohoho! Skull joke!”

“Alright! That’s it! Everybody but Robin out of my kitchen!”

The Straw Hat Pirates’ first and only cooking lesson would be remembered less for the pasta they had tried to make, and more for the war zone created by a very angry cook hitting pirates with a ladle until they fled to the deck.

[b]One Piece

Pink Rain
[/b]
His heart was growing warm; warmer than it had been in a very long time. He stood at the bottom of the mountain and watched the blossoms fall to the ground, and though they were made of snow, they warmed him. They fell into his heart and changed it back to a beating organ from the stone it had been for a long time. Eventually the snow coming into him began to melt, and fell to the bottom of his heart as pink rain. He could feel each drop drown the pain inside of him. Eventually, it flooded his eyes.

I really enjoyed the new pieces! I love the way you show a certain character’s perspective in alot of your work.