Inappropriate scene in Cars?

I never thought of those parts as inappropriate…a tiny bit questionable, maybe, but I still accepted it and I actually liked the humor. It didn’t go too far.

KarmaWolf: That reminds me. Anyone ever see this scene from The Great Mouse Detective? It’s rated G yet it includes drinking and implies, slightly, some adult themes…but they go right over little kids’ heads anyway. The same go for any other sublimal messages in Disney and/or Pixar. They’re quite ignorable. :wink:

Exactly. I mean when I went back and watched all these Disney movies and other things that I watched as a kid, there was often adult type humor if you know how to spot it. But nothing out-rightly bad. (I mean c’mon, Ariel gets married at 16!)

Cars, like all the Pixar movies, have a handful of jokes that only adults would really catch and find funny. Some not mentioned yet include the scene where Ramone shows Van his “von dutch” tattoo and Mini looks on in kind of terror. Obviously it’s some kind of genitals reference.

Or how about Mia and Tia “flashing” McQueen with their headlights and him kind of getting that perverted look on his face? He says something but I forgot what. Obviously meant to be a sexual reference as well.

Also, you’re friend might be thinking of the scene in the courthouse where Mater tells McQueen that Sally only likes him for his body.

I’m pretty sure filmore’s drinks are supposed to be a reference to some kind of drug, actually, because the cop mentions something about his “hippy juice”

and the part in toy story where mr potato head puts his lips against his bottom isnt very appropiate either lol

The von dutch joke is my least favorite joke in a Pixar movie. I pound my head every time I see it. That and the Sheriff joke are the worst.
Well, maybe not so much the Sheriff joke. I can see how someone could think that funny. And the way that McQueen reacts is well-done.

So, not sure if any of you are still active on here, but I just watched this movie and though, wow… this movie had a lot of crazy stuff in it.

Sally has a tramp stamp

The twins flashing McQueen

All of the comments between car who owns the bar about her husband… which is even worse because it’s clearly a big stereotype of always horny latino men and black women.

Then, when everything had been renovated, Sally talks about not knowing what “that” is, but she plans to find out, while growling/purring.

Then during the final race, McQueen zones out dreaming about Sally drive ahead of him (dat @$$)

All things that a kid wouldn’t get, but I was surprised at how often they threw that stuff in there.