Is Al a villain?

If Mr. Krabs was a villain, wouldn’t that make Plankton the good guy?

That’s a good point. To Mr. Krabs, Plankton is the villian. To Plankton, Mr. Krabs is the villian. This relationship is common in many animated movies. Many Pixar movies have this sort of relationship as well.

He wasn’t really a villain, as much as he was a crazy chicken man. I mean, if I saw something really valuable like Woody, I’d probably offer through the roof for it, but I wouldn’t steal it. Especially from a little kid. I mean, who does that?

I’m loving all these other cartoon connections (Spongebob, Jackie Chan).

And with the whole donation box thing, it was probably just put in a thrift store, like the Salvation Army or Goodwill. That’s where Al probably found her, seeing as there’s a good potential for collectibles to be found there.

This says a lot about Emily’s character. Was she in such a rush to get rid of Jessie that she couldn’t drop off the box in an actual store?

Hmm, we perhaps that was the only drop off box. But if she lived in town it’d be easier to rush and do the drop off at the store, instead of driving out to the country.

Yeah, that probably explains how she came from a rural area and ended up in an urban area.

I agree with what everyone is saying. Al might be a villian to the toys because he kidnapped Woody but he’s really just a greedy toy collector anxious to complete his collection.

I found an earlier post I had written about this very subject in another thread: “…it can’t very well be said that stealing Woody was villianous because of how it affected Andy, because Al wasn’t privy to how important Woody was to Andy. Now, if he knew that and still stole Woody, that would be different.