Let's make UP the best Pixar film ever!

me and thewisecookiesheet are going together at midnight.

Gosh! I’m so Jealous! :smiley: that sounds like fun though! are you guys friends?

yeah. we’ve known each other since middle school. we go to high school together.

I had a fun idea for a way to celebrate Up’s opening to theaters. I’m gonna bring balloons with UP written on them to school that Friday and pass them out to friends. Maybe I can convince more people to go see it!

Hurrah for cheap advertisement!

CC: that sounds like a fun idea!

My English teacher calls me a walking talking Disney advertisement because I always end up doing things like that :laughing:

I am a little worried because Drag Me To Hell is also set to be released on May 29 too. Looking at the RT Tomatometer, it is also at 100%. Plus the fact that it is also PG13, and add that Terminator Salvation is just one week ahead. Competition is really tough out there! Not that I don’t trust Up, but it will be a really tough week.

Have faith, almightybong (I’m laughing at your username as it is :laughing:). The great God of Movies will smile benevolently upon this wonderful piece of animation, and lift it up into the heavens of box-office ‘super-great-epic’ success. I promise you that. :smiley:

I’ve gotta hand it to you, Pixar. You’re so fantastic that you’ve even got a legion of fans willing to do anything to promote your latest film to their buddies… for free! F.O.C.! Gratis!

I hope you’re grateful… you… freakin’… awesome… people… :slight_smile:

I’ll probably run around whinin and moanin to people about how stupid the Oz distributing arm of Disney is for postponing the release date, just to spread awareness. I’ll also be posting sigs and avatars (time willing) closer to the release date, and maybe a fan/parody trailer or two in the coming weeks to spread the word on Youtube.

Then, come September 3rd, I’ma gunna rope as many of my friends as possible and blackmail (or bribe) them into seeing the movie! Muh! Muh! Muahahahah! :smiling_imp:

Haha! :laughing: That’s hilarious I could not stop laughing! :smiley: I just spent $189.21( :open_mouth: ) on tickets to go see Up on opening day in Disney Digital 3-D! :smiley:. I think I’m officially obsessed… :laughing: NO one in their right mind would do that!

Then faith I must have! I think looking at how reviews pour in for the new Terminator flick, UP will have a good chance at the BO. But I shouldn’t worry myself, should I?

I still can’t believe that I won’t see UP until August. I hope we get to see advance screenings here in the Philippines as well. 3 months is much too long to keep one’s breath on hold…

i just had a stroke of genius. I made cupcakes for my birthday and the cupcake paper thingy has balloons on it. i have a whole bunch of them left over so on Thursday night i’m going to bake ‘UP!’ Cakes and pass them out at school! i don’t know how i’m going to decorate the tops of the ‘UP!’ cakes yet but i will post pictures of them on Saturday.

I bring to you:
THE UP CUPCAKE TOPPERS!
img43.imageshack.us/img43/6949/u … oppers.png
Print them, cut them out, stick toothpicks in them and put the toothpicks in the cupcakes. My work here is done :smiley:

Anyway, Up will be awesome. It has to be. It has to be!! I didn’t wait for this long for ^*%(@#$&! (even though I know it won’t be.)

An emphatic “absolutely, I will.” :slight_smile:

I certainly will. :slight_smile:

God, I’m freaking out about Up! And for TS3 trailer. And Partly Cloudy. I know of I should used commas for that, but I don’t care!!

Edited for shouting. – Mitch

those cupcake toppers are awesome!

I saw up at 12:10 am. It was awesome but for some reason, when i saw it in 3-D they didn’t show Partly Clowdy.

I saw it on opening day. Now we’ll have to wait for the weekend to finish up to get the official box office numbers.

I will be watching it on… not a weekend, I’m afraid, but it is opening day - a Thursday, in fact - so, a contribution to the foreign rake-in there by September. :slight_smile: I might try and get my classmates to watch it over that day as well, but since it’s a weekday, the problem of watching it over our school-time is more than blatant, not to mention their possible tendency to consider the film unworthy of ‘opening day viewing…’ contradictory to my opinion, of course. :laughing:

I DID IT!!! I saw Up on opening day!! It got SOLD OUT!! But I saw it OPENING DAY (with 5 other people!!) WOOHOO!!!

i saw Up! twice yesterday. Once at midnight and once at 7 pm!