Marie's Art

Marie - All three of your Syndrome drawings are quite impressive, I must say! As lizardgirl said, the shading you integrate in your work makes the sketches more three dimensional and realistic, yet you still manage to make the character look like his cartoonish self in the film. Your anatomy skills are wonderful, as well, which adds to the realism.

Great job! Keep up the good work. :smiley:

– Mitch

Wow! Those Syndrome drawings are really really good! I love how well you did the hair! Hair can be a hard thing to get right, but you did a really good job with it!

Thanks for the compliments! :slight_smile: Here’s some art of my character for The Incredibles, Celestia. Sorry that I kinda detailed the chest a little too much, but that’s what I’m used to doing.

Really really nice drawing there Marie. She looks really, super! Would you like to tell me a little more info about her?

I love her toothy smile in the second picture. And once again, gorgeous shading! Good work, Marie. :smiley:

Thanks! :slight_smile: Now about her? Well, I can tell you her super powers. I know it’s rare for a super to have many powers, but she has a few which include floating, telekinesis (moving objects with her mind), ability to breathe underwater, night vision, and a few elemental powers. Some people might say I went overboard, but some of those are pretty minor things. When I role play as her, she lives with Syndrome at his lair. They’re such a cute couple.

Ah, so she seems like a pretty invincible super hero then. And she lives with Syndrome huh? Oh boy, I can imagine what is going down right there. Planing ways to save the city without anyone knowing you are behind it. Or maybe ploting revenge against the Incredibles?

Not exactly invincible, since she has some weaknesses (not sure exactly what they are yet). I know that she’s prone to Syndrome’s sexy grin. :slight_smile: She’s kind of a mixture of a heroine and a villainess. She likes to do good every so often and commit a little villainy sometimes, but most of all she likes to spend time with her bad boy Syndrome.

Ah, so she is attracted to him. She is like a Mirag right.

Oh she’s even better than Mirage. She’s prettier, more fun-loving and silly, much more of a romantic, and she actually loves Syndrome (and doesn’t desert him, ya know?). She doesn’t work for him as an assistant. She chose to live with him and work side by side with him and spend as much time as she can with him. To me, that’s a dedicated woman.

Weeeelll, in Mirage’s defense, finding out your boyfriend or whoever is willing to bet your life, which is not his to bet, is kind of… sucky.

I second that. It was right of Mirage to leave Syndrome. And the way I see it, she didn’t desert him. She got herself out. Syndrome was no good to her, so she left him. Nothing negative about that, in my opinion! :neutral_face:

All I’m saying is that Celestia is just a much better lover for Syndrome than Mirage is. And Mirage thought of Syndrome as just her boss, not a lover. That’s my theory, and enough said. I’ll be drawing more art of Celestia and Syndrome when I can find the time and inspiration to. If we would like to talk about Syndrome and Celestia (the subjects of some of my drawings, so it’s technically not off topic), we can go ahead and do that. :slight_smile:

May I make a suggestion for your next Celestia and Syndrome drawing?

Yes, you may. I still take requests into consideration.

Well, could you do one with a Halloween theme?

Sure. I’m not sure what costumes they would be wearing though.

They could go trick or treating in their SUper outfits.

But then it wouldn’t really be making them dress up in different costumes. They’d be wearing the same costumes they wear as supers.

Well, I guess if Syndrome loves her back and doesn’t treat her the way he did Mirage, then that’s cool! He sort of used Mirage… So if Syndrome and Celestia are on an equal level in their relationship, then all the best to 'em! eh, it’s just the different ways people look at things.
Your drawings are great, by the way. I applaud your ability to create characters as well as reproduce already established ones. That’s pretty impressive!
sheila