Metallica

Anaborjack, comments like that aren’t allowing for debate… Why should I speak if I’m going to be told to Shut it?

Comments like those are going to bring you no better responses, and are more likely to provide you with more enemies.

and Quite frankly have totally changed nothing for my like or dislike for the band… I personally do not enjoy them… and that is because I generally dislike the Genre (mainly through people with the same attitude as you trying to Jam it down my throat)… I don’t expect you to enjoy my taste in music with all my Musicals… but then I wouldn’t attack you for disliking it (if you did).

MY question is, how can you like Metallica and NOT like Country, ESPECIALLY if you know James Hetfield?

I’m in a unique position, annarborjack, of not merely being a fan of Metallica but of having met James Hetfield, AND gone wild boar hunting with him. James is, to put it mildly, a “Good Ole’ Boy”. He can chew tobacco, drink beer and eat boiled peanuts at the same time, without choking. Even Jeff Foxworthy would find THAT impressive! And yes, James is a HUGE fan of Country music! He’s performed outside of Metallica with several Country artists, including on the acclaimed tv series, “Austin City Limits”. His love of Country Music is, as another poster mentioned, been reflected in much of the band’s music. James is very much the sort of guy I like to hang out with, and I’m a born-and-bred Southerner, so I understand Good Ole Boys.

Yes, I’m a Metallica fan…and I also like Country Music. When I was an ignorant kid, I was very narrow-minded in my choice of music; it was Metal or nothing. I never wasted an opportunity to diss everyone else’s music choices, but then, my lack of experiece showed. Now, as a middle-aged adult, I’ve found that my musical tastes have broadened considerably, and music I used to hate, I now will listen to IF I’m in the right mood for it. There are times that I want to listen to Metal, and other times that I’d rather listen to Country…or Zydeco, or Blues. I can even tolerate a LITTLE bit of Hip-Hop, if it’s not too extreme and actually has lyrics to it I can comprehend. I can recall my own father telling me that this would happen when I got older, whenever I’d go off on his choice of music, which at that time, was usually Country. Lo and behold, he was right!

pitbulllady

annarborjack, I get that you made this topic primarily, to talk about Metallica with other fans, but you don’t need to tell us to “shut up”, because we are voicing our opinions that we aren’t fans of Metallica. The topic says “Metallica”, not “Fans of Metallica only”. If we don’t really like them, we can say it in the topic.

As others have said, I don’t realy feel like becoming a fan now. I haven’t really listened to alot of their stuff, but having a fan tell me to “shut up” because I say I don’t really like them, and then bash other kinds of music, doesn’t really make me want to become a fan.

Not trying to be a jerk, but this is how you are coming off.

DocKenobi is right. This thread is to discuss Metallica, not just for fans of the band. Please don’t use phrases like “shut up” as we don’t tolerate aggressive behaviour like that in this forum. You can consider that a warning.

Well, I’ve been on LOADS of forums. I don’t join them, I just read them. And almost all of them like Metallica. So I decided to join one of my favorite movie studio, Pixar. But everyone hates it on here! And their attacking them! Come on, Metallica’s history is a sad story, just give them a change???

Surely it’s just a case of whether or not you like that sort of music? Personally, I don’t, but I find it strange that you care so much about the opinions of people who are basically strangers. If you want to be amongst Metallica fans, perhaps a Metallica forum would be a good place to join up? Because I can assure you that the only taste in something that absolutely everyone shares here is a love of Pixar.

I haven’t seen that yet :frowning: I might rent it or something :smiley:

I for one enjoy Metallica. I absolutly love Death Magnetic. Half hour of non-stop awsomeness!

Hunt you down without mercy! Hunt you down all nightmare long!!!

Editted by TSS: No shouting please.

Maybe it has something to do with people who frequent a forum feeling the need to comment in every thread, even if it isn’t relevent to them. The OP asked whether anyone here liked Metallica. Those that did responded in kind. Those that didn’t had no need to say anything; it was assumed that you didn’t.

I am offended by your statement - I think Pixar fans are the perfect type to like Metallica. Reason being Pixar fans appreciate quality, we appreciate work that is the best of it’s kind, and we don’t immediately discriminate against something due to percieved stereotypical notions.

I like Metallica because their music is unique. It incorporates elements from many genres of music and combines them into something amazing. I used to think of them as just another generic, mindless metal band as well… until I actually listened. What I heard made me tap my feet, hum along to and nod my head all at the same time.

They even played with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, and after the gig many of the players couldn’t believe Metallica had written the melodies, harmonies, etc. present in all of their songs.

Anyway, don’t judge a book by it’s genre. I don’t actually like most metal music, I’m a blues man myself.

I was pleased annarborjack made this topic, I was excited to talk with fellow fans of both on here :slight_smile:

too bad everyone hates it :imp:

I think your confuisng hate, wtih “not a big fan of”. They’re diffrent.

I honestly have never really listened to Metallica. I very could like if I did sit down and lsiten to some of their songs, I just doubt it.

Flister - Please don’t tell me what topics I can and cannot post in. You are beginning to sound like the IMDB’ers who say “Well, if you don’t like this movie/tv show, then why are you on these boards?!”. This is NOT a fan thread for Metallica, but a discussion about the band. Even if it was created as a fan thread, people who have differing opinions about the band would still be able to express their opinion. If you can’t handle reading criticism of your favourite band, then don’t enter the thread in the first place. My point was, if you want to find other Metallica fans, then you’d be more likely to find what you’re looking for at a Metallica forum, since annarborjack was so offended that some people didn’t have the same musical tastes as they did.

annarborjack - I deleted that “o v e r” post you made, as it didn’t add anything to the discussion and is considered spamming. Please stop making silly posts like that here, and else where on this forum. It just creates more work for us mods.

I didn’t say you couldn’t post in this thread, I was wondering why you felt the need to in the first place? The IMDb people you mentioned occasionally have a valid point. Why do people comment on things if they either know nothing about it or only have bad things to say? I don’t care if people criticize the band, assuming their criticism is rational, logical, thoughtful, or constructive. If people here want to criticize, for example, the direction of Load and Reload, or the solos on Death Magnetic, that’s fine. People coming in just to say, “Don’t really care for them” is pointless, and people making unfounded generalizations is unfair and also pointless.

As for the Metallica forum, I do go there, but discussions are limited as there is no off-topic area. As I said before, I liked this thread because I was able to encounter other people who appreciate both Pixar and Metallica. Unfortunately, what should have been a simple, happy discussion about Metallica has turned into a debate with people who don’t care about their music and felt the need to make that known.

Oh, and please don’t relate me to anything annarbourjack has said. I don’t agree with his behavior in here either, and believe his reactions are largely to blame for this blow-out.

I realise I might be coming across as an angry person, when in fact that couldn’t be further from the truth. I am not judging or against anyone here, just stating my view on the situation in this thread. I think both of you, Rachel and Jack, are really cool people who I would like to get to know :slight_smile: No hard feelings I hope!

okay I spent a wile searching for forums on Metallica and found one off Metallica.com. But here is my question, do you have to be a certain age?

You mean metallicabb.com? That’s the official forum, and you dont need to be a certain age.

I don’t post there myself, there’s way too much negativity. Everyone’s constantly bagging each other. However it is good to browse through every now and then for the latest news.

On my last wander over I read about a Kirk Hammet guest appearance with a rapper named K’naan, on a song called “If Rap Gets Jealous”. Kirk contributes backing guitar and a kick ass solo, and I must admit that I have come to quite like the rapper as well.

Check it out: youtube.com/watch?v=DlBFLuW-_ek

yeah, I heard they was a article about the next album somewhere, were??? I wanna know about the next album!

Next album after Death Magnetic? I doubt they’ve even thought about it yet, let alone mentioned it in an interview.

Although, if it’s new songs you want, did you know they recorded an awesome cover of Iron Maiden’s “Remember Tomorrow”, around the same time they were working on Death Magnetic? :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZBnZexM6E

i don’t know…

I just wanna say I MIGHT just MIGHT see Metallica in October! Its kinda like an early birthday present! :smiley: