Mira Nova, Booster, XL Ideas!

It’s canon to me in that it’s probably the show that made Andy want to get a Buzz Lightyear in the first place :slight_smile: However you feel about BLOSC, positively or negatively, John Lasseter did come up with the original concept on showing the “real” Buzz Lightyear in a cartoon even if it ended up being mostly Disney’s doing with Jeff Pidgeon as a Pixar consultant.

I think of it as canon for a few reasons one of them is just my nostalgia of it but another is a theory I worked out as to how it can be canon. In blosc the pizza planet aliens are there now at first this seems odd considering in the first film the aliens and more importantly buzz for that mater didn’t know each other but look at it like this what if pizza planet was a sponsor for the buzz Lightyear cartoon that could explain as to why the aliens exist with in the show hell the even mention pizza planet by name in one episode and as to why neither buzz or the aliens knew each other well if the show is canon then it would have had to come on tv in the toy story universe some time after toy story 2 because in the buzz Lightyear movie the opening is the toys watching it and Jessie is there. though that’s just my theory i’d know to know what you think about it or what your theories are.

That’s a good theory. Also, Woody was from TV, and he didn’t recognize his round-up gang until he was informed and saw some of his show. I just see it as un-canon personally because it was produced by DisneyToon, and I wouldn’t have the pedestal I place Pixar on tarnished by one “meh” project. Despite recent controversy, I still see Pixar as #1.

Yes, in my mind there’s a canonical TV show featuring Buzz Lightyear an it was what inspired the toy.

But I think that show takes itself more seriously than the one produced by Disney in real life.

Yes, perhaps it represents Batman:TAS in the Toy Story universe, or perhaps the classic X-Men series. Basically, cartoons that are well regarded by adults to this day, 20 years later. <3

Or maybe Buzz doesn’t comes from a cartoon, but from a film, or something.

Or he was always a toy and then the franchise expanded, like Hasbro’s Transformers.

Good idea! I think it could be a really good sci-fi show. Like Star Trek for little kids!

aww man, that sucks about the seller cheating you. I’m sorry :frowning:

Its ok! As I said I found another!

Cool photos! I wish they made a Mira Nova figure like that.
I’m sorry. Mira Nova was hot :blush:

While I can clearly see this thread has long since past its prime I do believe that the idea of custom "Buzz lightyear of Star Command(BLoSC) figures in scale with the Tsc collection Buzz Lightyear has great potential and is a very creative way to make any Toy story collection unique. And so I have decide to take on this enormous undertaking and hopefully breath life into this thread. This is because although I seem to be in the the minority I do in fact consider BLoSC to be at the very least semi-canon to the rest Toy Story lore. And even though it doesn’t meet the standards I have for Pixar I do remember watching the series as a child and falling in love with its charm. I honestly believe that the series was greatly underrated and I know I cant be the only one. I feel that Team Lightyear deserve more respect and aim to give them that, I will be drumming up ideas all day and will hopefully I will have some sort of plan posted later today. :smiley:

The show seems to have drifted into obscurity, but I still have a soft spot for it. Plus, Pixar pretty much thought how you did in terms of canonicity; the Buzz Lightyear toyline was based off an in-universe TV series, and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command was Disney’s interpretation of that. Is it 100% canon in my book? Not quite due to a lot of tonal and character changes between the ‘Space Ranger Buzz’ we’ve known from Toy Story and Toy Story 2. But it’s a fun addition to the series. Anyways, I look forward to those plans.

I think Disney should make a reboot, but there’s only one problem… :frowning: I’ve heard that John Lasseter reportedly hated it. But please make a reboot in some form. No Teen Titains Go garbage!