MissCarrera's Gallery

This was my favorite part!

I love your poem, and how much you love Pixar Planet! We’re lucky to have members like you!

I love the poem! Now it can be our Pixar Planet summertime national anthem or something :smiley: Really, it was great. It’s great to see how much you love it here :smiley:

:smiley: Thanks everybody. I may be coming off as slightly obsessed with the site but I’m not, I just really like it here and it sparked some inspiration. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m thinking of writing a piece (not an entire story) on Flo but I need some ideas for her last name…any suggestions? I’m horrible at devising surnames!

I don’t think it’s obsessive! And it sounds like you like Pixar and PP just as much as the rest of us, don’t worry! Whatever makes you happy! :smiley:

Hmmm, well are you talking of her maiden name or name after she married Ramon? Ramon comes off me as a Latino, she perhaps she took on a Spanish surname from him?

Hahaha OK. I’m looking for something to be her maiden name. I need something fitting to go along with “Florence”. In the piece I’m writing I want that to be her full first name but everybody just calls her Flo. I got that idea from one of my favourite books but I’m stuck for a last name.

Oh, alright! Well, I have a great website for you. Behindthesurname. It contains many surnames, including their orgins and meanings. It’s fun to look through it!

surnames.behindthename.com/

There is also a similar site for firstnames.

Wow! That’s excellent! Thanks so much! I will have a look at it for sure. :smiley:

No problemo! Can’t wait to see what name you choose!

Great poem, MissCarrera! My favorite verse is the last one, with “Pixar Planet dot com”. :sunglasses:

Have you decided Flo’s name yet? If not, how about Florence Arielii? Or Florence Veraina? Not sure if they match up with her background, but I think they sound nice. :slight_smile: :wink:

Thanks so much for checking out my work! Hahaha, I think that’s one of my favourite verses too. I took a look at the site that eje mentioned but it was so hard to pick. But I really like Florence Veraina, that’s pretty! I’ve put the Flo written piece on hold right now because I’m busy with my fan fic and I kind of hit a writer’s block with it. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m definetely gonna do it though when I get some more inspiration and I think I’ll use your last name suggestion! I might post a picture of a Sally doodle I did a while ago on here soon, I just need to get it coloured.

I finally got around to finishing my Sally drawing. I just followed an online tutorial to draw it and trust me, I’m no artist! I just thought it was kind of cute so I decided to share it. The colour didn’t turn out so good in the photo but I tried my best. I just added a simple border around the outside to pretty-fy it. :stuck_out_tongue: Here it is!

That’s great, MissCarrera! :slight_smile:

I like your drawing. It’s cute!

Thanks! I thought it was cute too, not amazing or anything just a cute little doodle. :slight_smile:

Hey, that’s actually pretty good! A bit distorted, perhaps, but Sally’s a hard character to draw precisely, with all those curves and everything. :wink:

Haha! Distorted is right! She was on kind of a weird angle. :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t find Sally too hard to draw, I’m attempting McQueen and since his shape isn’t as defined it’s more difficult.

Lightning McQueen… I could actually draw him pretty well back when the first movie came out. I used to trace him off of the cereal and Pop-Tart boxes. 8D

LOL! I wish I had tried that! A couple years ago I did a large drawing of cruising McQueen which was a combination of tracing the outline from my poster and then my own freehand. It was so big it is two pieces of paper taped together in a landscape format. 8D I used to have it stuck to my wall but maybe I should post a pic of it on here sometime?

I think she looks like a Ford Galaxie or Fairlane, so her last name could be either one of those.

Good ideas there somethingguy. I still haven’t gotten around to starting it since I’m pretty busy with my fan fic but I’ll keep those in mind. :slight_smile: