Monsters Inc. 2 and Brave confirmed for 2012

Oh I AGREE with you on that TS2, with Invader Zim. THAT was a unique and strange show that made you laugh. I actually found the set of all the episodes for a few bucks.
The only reason they took it off was because of creative differences with the creator. shakes head And what do they do? They take it off and stop further episodes (which HAD been slated, go check Wiki I think). And what do they do years later? Bring it back for brief appearences as if to tease fans shakes head

yes. yes. yes. it inspired my new signature.

but as awesome and tragic as ZIM was, let’s get back to the Brave discussion.

I wonder – is there a thred for ZIM? Someone tell me and if there’s not, I’ll create one.

The ZIM thread has been created!

EDIT- Please don’t double post within 24 hours, thanks!

-lizardgirl

MI2’s main competion will be DreamWorks Animation’s The Guardians of Childhood which will be released 14 days prior to MI2. One of the two films are likely to reschedule though.

Although I like The Bear and the Bow better than Brave it must be fo the better. I was pretty excited for two Pixar films to be released in 2011, if they needed more time to make the movie, that’s fine with me. Quality over Quantity. :slight_smile:

I am so excited to see what the plots are for both of these movies! I’m super curious about Monsters Inc 2…I have NO idea what it will be about! It’s going to be super exciting.I trust Pixar when it comes to sequals, they say they do sequals if there’s an actual story, not just for the sake of making a sequal. Going to be exciting!

Not gonna lie, when I heard about Monsters Inc 2, I cried. I am OVERJOYED that they’re going to continue with the MI gang. I don’t think I have a (favorite) Pixar movie, but if I had to choose, Monsters Inc would probably take 1st place.

I am SO excited…it’s going to be a long 2 years, cause so far, for the past few days, its ALL i can think about!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was a bit surprised at the sequels (Cars 2, and MI 2) but in a good way. Disney has taken sequels and absolutely destroyed [most] of them. Pixar, on the other hand, makes sequels because they actually have a good story in mind, and I trust them 100% with MI 2.

I. CANT WAIT

I just wanted to say that I really like a lot of the ideas being tossed around hear about MI2. It is going to be a fantastic movie!

I also agree with ncuday; I have a feeling Newt is just waiting for more inspiration and will go the way of Ratatouille. This does seem like a tough story line to make a really great full length film out of, so it won’t surprise me to find out one day that Pixar just wanted to take some more time to make it perfect.

I cannot wait for Brave! :smiley: I was thinking, and I think that this is the first Pixar film that actually takes place in the past except for maybe Ratatouille… plus- I’ve always loved the classic Disney princess and movies and Pixar is my favorite studio! :slight_smile: It’s like I get the best of both worlds!!

I know I’m referring to something several pages back, but Illusion of Life, I really liked the Toy Story crossover issue. I’m one of those people who loves those crazy theories that the bulk of the Pixar movies are all one universe and it’s nice to see someone picking up on the idea.

Well, that makes 3 movies that I’ll need to see that year. 2 of them being sequels. I assume, at least for the Pixar ones, one will be summer and one will be holiday release.

Woody, you just blew my mind. It’s not exactly something I haven’t considered before, but I definitely never went as in-depth as I did just now. What time period IS Ratatouille set in? You could argue that Anton Ego uses a typewriter, but then you could also argue that it suits his character. Some of the vehicles in the film (just based off memory; I have to watch the film again) are rather vintage-looking, but perhaps that’s just the style in Paris? And then the television sets in the elderly lady and Linguini’s residences are old, but that could totally make sense in their case. Linguini’s poor and the elderly lady is, well, elderly! The program being shown on Linguini’s TV, an old movie I believe, was implied to be shown late at night. That’s not unusual, really. My head hurts. I must watch this film again and take notes.

woody- The Incredibles takes place in the past as well, doesn’t it? And Monsters, Inc. emits a very jazzy '40s feel, despite technically being set in the present. I know what you mean though, it’s nice that Pixar are doing something in a much earlier time period.

The Incredibles was set in present time, with an air of 60’s spy-esque nostalgia and references. Violet has a portable CD player; I don’t think they even had stationary CD players back then. Besides, back then, almost no one had a TV like The Incredibles did, so I’m convinced that it’s not historicized, just timeless.

I wouldn’t have cared for an MI2, but now that it’s coming out I want to see it because It’s pixar, and my least favorite of there’s is still one of the best animated features I’ve ever seen.

MI2 has been moved up two weeks to 11/2/2012 to stave off competition from the final Twilight film.

YAY! A shorter wait! Still pretty long, but at least it’s still shorter! :smiley:

WooHoo! 2 less weeks of waiting!

Also, newt has officially been cancelled along with Beauty and the Beast in 3D :frowning:

Fantastic! 2 weeks is a long time for me, so the less wait the better.

Aw, man! :frowning: That stinks. I don’t really mind the Beauty and the Beast thing, but I’m sad about Newt.

I never really cared about Beauty and the Beast in 3D. It just seemed pointless to re-release this movie in theaters in the first place, so I’m not really bitter over that.

Newt on the other hand, I AM bitter over. I was so disappointed when I heard it was cancelled, especially since it was one of the upcoming movies I was really looking forward to seeing. :\ And I actually feel kind of disappointed at Pixar right now. At this point, Brave is their only original film to look forward to, and I’m actually really scared that Pixar might be heading towards the wrong direction by making all these sequels.

And also, the thing with title changes is that they don’t really have a major impact on the actual film anyways. Disney’s The Frog Princess was changed to The Princess and the Frog over some controversial race issue, and people criticized and complained about that change because it was an obvious attempt to avoid sounding racist. Cut to after the film release, and now, people accept it and nobody has a problem with it anymore. The same thing will happen with Brave (and Tangled too even).

Yeah, I’m a bit sad too because they announced it and then I got my hopes up. Now I’ll always wonder what it would of been about.

But in the long run, I’m glad the cancelled it. Because they must of cancelled it because it wasn’t going in the right direction, and it’s good that they cut the movie when it was a bud. I’d rather them shelve it than release a bad movie.