Monsters, Inc. coming soon to Blu-ray

They probably aren’t; I just haven’t really bothered checking into them to see if they are or not, given the price of the “regular” Blu-Ray units. I DO have rather unexpected plans to get a HDtv, though, since my father and brother have had to move in with me. Their house burned down last Thursday, and there’s only one tv set, a 13-inch, in the house. I’m having to convert the old living room, which was being used to store junk, basically, into my bedroom, and give my current bedroom to my brother. I figured I might as well use this as a reason to get a HD set, especially since the prices have really come down on those. I still guess I’ll have to wait until the Blu-Ray players come down, too, though.

pitbulllady

amazon.co.uk/Monsters-Inc-Bl … 993&sr=8-6

1 June :smiley:

Did you even read the first post?

Looks like it has been annouced for May 19th release in the States, along with “A Bug’s Life”.

Source: blu-ray.com/news/?id=2423

Oooh, now I have another date to look forward too, May 19th!!
I hope more features are planned/announced!
Thanks, eerik.

Delayed until November. :unamused:
blu-ray.com/news/?id=2494

Oh, that’s annoying. Ah well, least it’s still coming out this year. Might be getting it for my birthday at this rate. Thanks for the update, eerik.

Bah. I had my hopes up about getting it a day before my birthday. That’s still pretty sweet though. Now I have another reason besides MGS4 to invest in a PS3.

You can still get “A Bug’s Life”.

The Japanese Blu-ray is still announced for May 20th (region-free, even).
I wonder if it will also be delayed.
No Blu-ray release for A Bug’s Life has been announced in Japan, so far, btw.

Yeah, it does look it’s still coming out in Japan on May 20. Amazon Japan, CDJapan and HMV Japan are all listing it for that date and it’s less than a month away.

On the other hand I’m waiting for UK release which seems to be scheduled for late July or early August.

Pre-order is up again @ Amazon.com. No date 'tho. :unamused:

So is anybody going to order/buy the Japanese release next week? Some places to order:
amazon.co.jp/dp/B001SS0KFS/
yesasia.com/global/monsters- … /info.html
hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3537954
cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VWBS-1062

I will buy the premium DVD of Monsters Inc., not the Blu-ray, if it’s in the Disney Store first thing May 20th here in Japan.

Source: choppytan777.blog113.fc2.com/blog-entry-305.html

Can’t wait for the UK release. Those Japanese releases are darn expensive!

You can order it from amazon.jp and have it shipped to you. It costs 30 dollars in US Dollars. I’m not sure how much it would cost you.

Not really.

3617 Japanese yen = 38.387221 U.S. dollars

And that’s without shipping!

DVDBeaver.com review/comparsion - with screenshots!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice…:sunglasses:

Definitely upped the consideration on this one… :-D)

:mrgreen:

This looks stunningly beautiful. :smiley:
The review also mentions that a UK release is due for July 27.
That’s great for folks over here in Europe who don’t want to import from Japan because it’s so expensive.