Monsters Inc. Ride & Go Seek! (NEW ride at Tokyo Disney)

I doubt it… Disneyland Resort already has a Monsters Inc. ride, and Walt Disney World has an attraction too, and it is also rumored they will get a roller coaster type Monsters Inc. type attraction in the future.

Wow. I am very impressed with how they designed this ride. It really does feel like yer right in Monstropolis. I especially love the beginning where they basically replicated the lobby of Monsters Inc. Very cool.

Darn it :`-(

Disneyland Paris is still missing a Monsters Inc.-themed ride, though., according to their website.
I wonder when/if they will build one there as well.

Thanks for putting the Youtube links Disney_Guy.

I think the best part of the Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek ride attraction, which cost 100,000,000.00 million dollars, is Roz! When she appears at the end of the ride, she never repeats herself from any Youtube videos. I don’t know if there is a person or program controlling Rozs’ voice, but it picks out guests in one cart and speaks. It’s not like a regular conversation. Yeah, it’s in Japanese and it’s a bummer if you don’t know the language. You could have someone who can translate Japanese to English sit right next to you and help you.

So from this Youtube youtube.com/watch?v=okmB8_i4i30. at 4:00.
Roz: Boys in the first cart, what are you doing after this? Lets eat out together. I’m waiting for your call.

And from this Youtube youtube.com/watch?v=lrrqNpQcuKQ. at 4:06.
Roz: The boy in the first cart. If you want to take a picture of me, I should fix my make up. Come again. Bye bye.

Also from my local TV station in Sendai, a news reporter went to the opening day at the Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek and Roz said to her, Lady in the front cart. You are too cute to be a human being. Why don’t you work for us? Something like that

And by the way, if you wanted to know what the attraction was before Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek, it was Meet the World*. Also there were preview tickets before the official opening day and one person paid around 1,400.00 dollars for two preview tickets!** There were TV commercials***. There are special promotions from the Ambassador Hotel****. This is the forty-second ride attraction at Tokyo Disneyland.

** page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a … s121455041

*** youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2wX9Tw10g
*** youtube.com/watch?v=2-p6c6_CKnM

**** disneyhotels.jp/dah/japanese … index.html Play the game. and win a wallpaper.
**** disneyhotels.jp/dah/japanese … /tick.html
**** disneyhotels.jp/dah/japanese … erion.html
**** disneyhotels.jp/dah/japanese … /chef.html
**** disneyhotels.jp/banquet/sp_moi/index.html

**** disneyhotels.jp/dah/japanese … /stay.html
**** toystory.ti-da.net/e2295984.html
**** tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdl/ … index.html
Goods from the Ambassador Hotel

wdshe.jp/disney/news/detail.jsp?id=1127 This is in Japanese and it basically says there is a new attraction at TDL and by the way, in an unsubtle way, why don’t you buy the Blu-ray or the premium DVD of Monsters Inc. on May 20th, 2009?

panasonic.co.jp/tokyodisneyresor … ssage.html. And this is a message from Panasonic, the sponsor. If you don’t know Japanese, use the translator below.

Sorry, if I have to put all this stuff about Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek here. My files in my computer could disappear and I want to share what I know to all y’all.

Haha, that’s funny, Rey! Though why does Roz say nice things? :laughing: It seems like the ride was a really big thing when it opened, which is cool. I can see why- it’s very impressive!

I know this is a different ride, but the Monsters Inc. ride at Disney’s California Adventure park has the EXACT same Roz AA, and she speaks in English. I must say, the Roz AA is probably the only thing on the entire DLR ride that is actually good, so I guess it’s a no wonder why the Japanese felt they had to have her too on their Monsters Inc. ride.

Check this out for those of you who might want to get an idea of what things Roz may say to guests:
youtube.com/watch?v=kdRSqJolznk

As far as Roz’s programming goes, there is actually a person backstage who can view everyone and he/she has the ability to make Roz say the things she says. So it will look like she’s actually talking to the guests when she can actually point out people in the trains, and what colors they are wearing, or if they are filming her, etc.
This technique is also used for Turtle Talk With Crush and the Mr. Potato Head AA on Toy Story Midway Mania (The Mr. Potato Head is the best AA ever, so freakishly amazing!! youtube.com/watch?v=wXG-xrj52l0 ) at Disney parks. Disney has really perfected this new age of character interactivity, and it all started with the introduction of Turtle Talk With Crush.

A friend of mine told me you have to wait after 6 pm to use the FASTPASS tickets for the Ride & Go Seek ride in TDL. Give me a break. That’s when people leave the park and go home. And, at 8:30 in the morning when the park opens, you may have to wait an hour just to hear all FASTPASS tickets are sold out for the day. The park attendants say go to TDL during the week, perhaps Monday or Tuesday for shorter lines. Yeah, right. February is the slowest season for the shortest wait and the most multiple ride times. I’ve never ever heard of any stories like this from any of the attractions in TDL or TDS. It’s not even summer break yet in Japan. That’s on July 18th through end of August. It varies in from prefecture to prefecture(states) in Japan. My friend never went on Ride & Go Seek. The waiting wasn’t worth it.

Hmm, I guess there’s no harm in stating my opinion as far as this ride goes. I have seen the ride (only on Youtube sadly) and when one compares it to that of the MI ride in California, I would have to say that this one is a massive improvement. The Japanese are known for doing quite well as far as technology is concerned and so their ride easily tops ours but that is only my opinion. Sadly, all the vids I have seen are in Japanese naturally without any kind of subtitles and unlike the TNBC featurette that is a walkthrough of the Haunted Mansion Holiday, the MI blu-ray simply discusses the ride and shows what went into its creation, no actual walkthrough at all. The concept of basically a monster version of flash light tag is a pretty creative one in which it is one way to help the viewer interact with the ride and whatever it holds. The choices for the Japanese version of the voices is actually a good choice, while I may not think that Japanese Sulley was the best option, Japanese Mike and Randall were a pretty good match to that of the American voice actors. The only thing that left me slightly confused was the background story of the ride and also it’s interesting ending but otherwise than that, the ride seemed fine to me.

I haven’t gone on the ride, but I can guess the run-down…
Years after the film (many), Monsters are starting to get cozy with humans, and as such, invites them to participate in a game for fun, thus confroming to energy needs (laughs). Sullivan hosts of course with Wazowski helping out. Boo, for some reason still same age, comes in to drive the plot. Randall’s brought in as the whipping boy again and essentially killed in the storyline.
Then the ride ends and as a sorta “reward” or “gift” for helping the factory out with the game, your given a tour of the factory (I think this occurs after the ride since there IS a uhh…gift store that exists so I think you go in then come out).
So it takes some sense of the Monster World, but it’s pretty straight forward that “it’s just for fun”.

Hmm, so that is what happens…maybe I could use the flame of life to resurrect him but the only problem is having to renew it every couple of days…truly a pain…

The bulding was so perfect! It was like the movie! And the characters were so well designed…
The ride was a bit meh, though :confused: I thought it was going to be a resume of the movie instead of another story…

OMG they killed Randall! -but great ride. I hope I can go to Tokyo Disney one day, before they take down the Wall-E and Eve statue.