Monsters University Easter Eggs

Did anyone else think the [spoil]little girl’s(who Mike saw at the beginning visiting MI) sounds like Tom Hanks?[/spoil]

No! I’ll keep an ear open for that next time I see the film.

I just realized something. I meant her dad, not her. 8D Sorry, typo. I assume you know what I meant though, since he could never do a little girl voice. 8D

Hey, you never know. That man is a talented actor :laughing:

I figured out what you meant when I saw the movie again today!

Yeah, he did sound like Tom Hanks. But I doubt that it was him.

I wish I knew who it was. Any chance it’s Jim Hanks? He has voiced some Woody dolls.

They’ve now officially revealed the eggs in MU. Augh, I can’t believe I missed the legit Pizza Planet Truck! And it was so out in the open! It wasn’t like I spent the whole movie looking for the hidden gems, I just happened to catch them as they showed up in the movie. But apparently I mistook a police car for the infamous Truck… in my defense, those red lights looked a whole lot like a rocket to me, and it all happened so fast in that scene I swore I’d already found it. Well, I might’ve been wrong, but at least we have certainty that it’s in the film!

What do you mean officially, do you have a link?

As you wish, eje :slight_smile:

insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/27/m … ggs-pixar/

Thank you Pricklepants! I also ended up seeing it on twitter as well! XD

Nice to see the stills as confirmation!

I somehow managed to miss the PP truck on both viewings, but on my second time around I did notice the A113 at least!

I missed the truck on both viewingstoo, but I caught A113 on the second.

If I’m not mistaken, in the scene where the Oozmas wish on a ladybug and watch it fly away, the ladybug makes the same kind of noise while flying that Francis did in A Bug’s Life.

^Yeah, I thought it sounded familiar! :smiley:

Yeah! Also, this isn’t an easter egg, but it’s funny how Squishy looks to be modeled after Russell, which makes sense since Squishy’s voice actor, Peter Sohn, was the physical inspiration of Russell!

Not really an easter egg, but it’s fun to see Bonnie Hunt return to the Monster world (as another character). If John Ratz is the king of Pixar voices, she’d be the Queen.

Haha, Pixar should acknowledge that for fun in some event. I don’t know, the Pixar Prom? Presenting, the Pixar King and Queen!

Haha, totally. Bonnie and John would totally be it.

This is likely a case of reusing assets more than an actual reference, but I noticed in this MU animation process video that the same sticker on Andy’s laptop in Toy Story 3 appears in the Jox frat house:

i.imgur.com/yFiu3en.jpg

i.imgur.com/IiioZ5Z.jpg

Animated “Recycling” or not, that’s still a super-cool find, Bryko! :smiley: