Movies coming on Christmas Day '08!!!

What film coming out on Dec. 25 (26-Rev. Road) will you see first?

• Marley & Me
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
  • Frost/Nixon
  • The Spirit
  • Valkyrie
  • Waltz with Bashir
  • Bedtime Stories
  • Last Chance Harvey
  • Revolutionary Road

0 voters

This Dec. 25 is gonna be a very busy one in terms of new films released!

Here are the competing films for the most wonderful time of the year:

The Spirit
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Bedtime Stories
Frost/Nixon
Marley & Me
Valkyrie
Last Chance Harvey
Waltz With Bashir

And on Dec. 26, A much anticipated Winslet-DiCaprio Pairing:

Revolutionary Road

Iā€™m most excited for The Spirit and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but since there are soooo many films opening on Dec. 25th this year, Iā€™d like to hear what you guys think. Comments?

The only one Iā€™ve actually heard of is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I probably wonā€™t see it on Christmas day anyway, but Iā€™d like to see it at some point.

Probably the Benjamin Button movie.

Wow. Thereā€™s that many films coming out this Christmas? Sheeshā€¦

Iā€™m actually rather curious as to how The Curious Case of Benjamin Button will unfold on the screen, as the plot-line intrigues me. As for the other films, I wonā€™t bother, and I flat out refuse to see Marley & Me until Iā€™ve read the original book, and even then I probably wonā€™t spend the extra dollars to see the adaption of it on the screen. Heh.

ā€“ Mitch

Iā€™d say Benjamin Button because Iā€™ve heard about that movie for months now, and it seems a bit out there, I just have to see it.

Whoa, and the only one I really know about is Bedtime Stories! I may have heard of the other films, but Iā€™m only into Bedtime Stories. I wonā€™t see it in the theater on Christmas, but Iā€™ll see it before the others.

I will probably see Benjamin Button first, but I would actually love to see them all. Frost/Nixon has already opened where I live, and I really want to see it. For Marley & Me, Valkyrie, Bedtime Stories and The Spirit, I will probably wait until the DVDs come out, since I can only see so many in theaters. Waltz with Bashir looks amazing, and I would love to see Last Chance Harvey because the last movie that had Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson (Stranger Than Fiction) is one of my favorites. I will definitely try and see Revolutionary Road, because I read the script, and it is amazing. But the one that I am for sure seeing in theaters is Benjamin Button.

i totally agree with everything you just said (Stranger Than Fiction is actually my #1 of all times!) except I really wanna see Benjamin Button and The Spirit first!!! :smiling_imp: :wink:

Where do you live that you can see all these indie flicks? I live in St. Louis, so I could probably see Waltz With Bashir on Christmas Day, but Last Chance Harvey isnā€™t coming here at all, I donā€™t think, and Frost/Nixon isnā€™t out yet here. R U in L.A.?

TS2 - Just to let you know, thereā€™s no need to quote a personā€™s entire post if you wish to reply to them, especially if their message is directly above yours. An easy and clutter-free way to respond to a member is by using the ā€œquoting systemā€: writing out their name in bold and then typing out your note to them.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

ā€“ Mitch

For me, all of them open on the 25th, except for Revolutionary Road which opens January 2nd, and Last Chance Harvey which opens January 23rd, I believe. Oh, and Frost/Nixon already opened here on December 5th.

I hope to see The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - but not actually on Christmas. I havenā€™t seen Frost/Nixon yet, but really want to. The other ones that I will hopefully see in theatres are Revolutionary Road, and Last Chance Harvey.

I really mant to see Marly and Me because I think the idea of a bad dog is great. Besides that, I really want to see Bedtime Stories.

TS2-I do really want to see The Spirit, itā€™s just that there are a ton of movies coming out right now and not enough time or money to see them all.

Stranger Than Fiction is a great movie that was criminally under rated and ignored when it came to the Oscars. The screenwriter (Zach Helm) also wrote and directed Mr. Magoriumā€™s Wonder Emporium. Here is some info on his next movie The DisAssociate: imdb.com/title/tt1124370/

Frost/Nixon has opened in New York, L.A. and Toronto, and Last Chance Harvey comes out in limited release on Christmas in the U.S.A. (most likely as a qualifying run for the Oscars) and goā€™s into wide release on January 23rd.

Here is a link to the Revolutionary Road script,
vantageguilds.com/

Thatā€™s awesome that you found the imdb page for The DisAssociate, because that was Z. Helmā€™s first script and the one that led him to being able to make STF!!! Iā€™ve actually read the entire script already, so Iā€™m supah-excited to see that! Anyway, back to Christamas movies!!!

asdfghjkl Marley and Me!

My puppy is just like Marley. I first read the book when she was about 8 months old, and totally bawled through the last four chapters when Marley got old and died. Thatā€™s how similar they are, because that is so not something I would do.

Plus, I love Owen Wilson.

Iā€™m with bd-d & mo and want to see Bedtime Stories! Mostly because I could always use a good laugh and I know that Sandler & Co would give that to me.

I was going to vote for Valkyrie because Tom is in it, despite hisā€¦ notorious reputation as a scientologist (heā€™s a great actor, you got to give him that), but then, I realized Iā€™m not too font of war movies, so, I think the heartwarming Bedtime Stories would be a more suitable film for a Christmas viewing. :slight_smile:

~ WBoon :sunglasses:

I really wanna see Frost/Nixon (although I thought it was coming out earlier than Christmasā€¦) because it looks really interesting to me. I saw some stuff about it on Daily Show and it looks like a window into one of the most controversial people in recent history. Not that Iā€™m a Nixon fan, because iā€™m so not.

Frost/Nixon is is limited release from now 'til christmas day, and then it will open worldwide!!! (Dec. 25th) Itā€™s in NYC and LA at the moment.