Movies you've cried in

Haha, yeah. I’ve never felt the need to watch it.

That’s surprising. I own the first five. But there is like 17 lol.

Yeah. I’m not a fan of Don Bluth’s work, so I don’t have the urge to watch it anyway.

Ah gotcha. His movie are just okay (The first two American Tails, the first Land Before time, All dogs go heaven were all 3 stars type movies). But he never made that great movie.

You guys really don’t like Bluth, do you? :open_mouth: I’m sorry, but Anastasia has to be the best non-Disney princess movie ever. Really, it’s better than many Disney’s. :blush: Why won’t people give individual movies a chance? This is the same as the Ghibli situation. It isn’t fair.

Well when I was little I never differentiated between Bluth and Disney. I like movies from both companies and I’m not sure how many Bluth productions I’ve seen, but I like all the ones i’ve seen that I know are Bluth.

I’ve only seen the LBT one where they had a water shortage and there was a fire in the valley. Then a bit of Saurus Rock, TOW they rode a pleiosaurus, TOW Little Foot’s grandaddy had a massive hangover and they had to find a cure. That’s about it.

I’ve only actually seen a few Bluth movies, but I like them! I think he’s a very skilled animator and made plenty of enjoyable movies. :blush:

I thought Anastasia was alright.

He did Anastasia?? Epicness! I loved that movie, especially the songs! She’s a lot coolerthan some of the Disney princesses that come to mind. At least SHE takes her fate into her own hands, and doesn’t wait for a prince to come get her.

Yeah, I never knew the difference either. I looked up Bluth recently because I really liked one of his movies, and I realized that I love a bunch of his movies.

Virginia, I love Anastasia too! In fact, I just got the VHS at a garage sale and watched it. I think she’s prettier than a lot of the disney princesses, to be honest.

That movie was pretty much a win for me because of the music. I loved ‘Once Upon a December.’ :slight_smile:

Yeah, I admit that is a beautiful song.

I liked Anastasia’s spunky personality. It managed to be present without being too much.

oh yezz, she was quite brilliant. And pretty too. Maybe the only flaw was the history confuzzle because the real Anastasia died.

Yeah. Well, I watched Behind The Scens of Pocahontas. And the movie makers said the story was inspired more by the legend of Pocahontas, instead of the actual history of it. I’m sure the same is with Anastasia, who was a not only a historical character, but because of rumors of her escape grew into a legend.

The film is based in the many women who claimed to be Anastasia, to the point there were conmen (like the protagonists) who looked for girls pretending to be her.

The most famous case was that of Anna Anderson, who was believed by many to be the real deal. She was nicknamed Anya in a famous musical based on the event and famously portrayed by Ingrid Bergman (who won an Ocar for the role) in a live action movie.

The Bluth animated feature is largely based both in this movie and the musical.

Of course, in real life, they proved that Anderson was just an impostor and that Anastasia was killed. But these fictional works suggest she was. That makes a more romanticist story, of course.

Yes! There are other fans here. :smiley: I like it(and her) better than half the Disney princesses/movies. I really wish people would give Don Bluth a break. Why exactly do you dislike him? :confused:

I do feel like his movies more frequently have childish/corny moments, but that honestly doesn’t detract from my enjoyment of them much. :smiley:

I agree. Anastasia is excellent, Thumbelina and The Land Before Time are average, and IMO, Titan AE is horrible. Those are the only ones I’ve seen all the way through to me knowledge.