Musical Instruments!

It is a good way to relieve stress, trust me!

Smashing instruments kinda sounds like fun. Maybe I’ll do that to my old, junky (but still playable) guitar when I get a new one. :smiley:

I’ve been thinking about getting a ukelele and learning how to play it. They’re relatively inexpensive, and fairly easy to learn and play, especially if you’ve been playing guitar for a while like I have. I found a purple one on Amazon that I like.

Do it! its fun. And ukelele is so easy to play.

Haha, I might! But my mom might not let me, since the guitar used to/kind of still does belong to her.

Oh, then I wouldnt smash it then. Haha. Acoustic or electric?

Well who knows, she might not care. She doesn’t ever play it anyway.

It’s an acoustic. It plays fairly well, but it’s kind of old and doesn’t have a way to attach a neck strap to it or any way to plug it into an amp or anything. Plus it’s pretty scratched and beaten up from little siblings and other things that have happened to it over the years.

Yeah, ya never know.

Acoustics are beautiful. They are nice because you dont need an amp or anything. If i were you, id just tape the strap onto the guitar. Thats what I do with my electrics while im playing on stage. And It definatly isnt as fun to smash an acoustic. One hit and they are broken. Electrics can take several hits and still work fine. :slight_smile:

I have a guitar (electric) though I dont get to play it much, therefore I’m not all that good. I dabble with my keyboard a little bit but I could use more practice there as well.

I played guitar for a few months when I was ~12 years old, but I soon quit because I never really got the hang of it. When I have some time, I really want to learn acoustic guitar. There are few other instruments that can accompany the human voice so well. Problem is, I don’t want to be like every other college hipster out there, toting around my acoustic guitar all around campus. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m planning to get a ukelele soon and learn how to play it.

^That’s great! I love the sound of ukeleles.

Does anyone play the bassoon? I started learning it a couple years ago. I’d like to buy my own, but they aren’t cheap.

I don’t play the bassoon, but I know several people who do. It’s a really cool instrument.

You know several??? That’s awesome! Do any of them own their own?

Well yeah, I’ve been in a homeschool band program for almost nine years, and I’m in the low woodwinds section with my bass clarinet, so I’ve known a few bassoon players. I don’t know if any of them owned their instrument.

Cool! I like it when bass clarinets are in marching band.

I wish I could do marching band, but there isn’t a homeschool marching band.

The first instrument I was ever interested in were the drums because I thought they looked fun and also kind of easy. As I got older, I found that I was kind of interested in the piano. I even managed to play parts of the main theme to The Incredibles and the married life sequence from Up, but that was a few years ago. I would like to play it in the future if I get a chance.

As of the last year, i started building an upright washtub bass. Still not finished but it’s nearing completion. I just have to get the string and tuner situation worked out. 8D

^That’s really cool!

I got a ukulele for Christmas, so I’ve been having lots of fun learning it.