Name for Jack-Jack's powers

Sorry, forgot about Violet (whenever I watch the movie, I pretend she’s not in it, but that’s a story for another thread). And re: my Superman comment: I wasn’t referring to the whole world of DC Comics; just the characters that were Superman-specific (like Lois and Jimmy).

A lot of Super heroes have more than one power. To come up a name for jack-jack to summarize all of his powers is quite a challenge.

Multiple-Powers-Boy

Ha ha ha! Genious!

I love it but it does sound very broad, meaning this could mean he could have any power, but he has more than one.

The world of Superman IS the world of DC Comics. For instance, The Joker is also a Superman character, not just a Batman one. They all appear in each others comics.

Now, if you’re looking for traditionally Superman-related characters it would be somewhat difficult to find some that aren’t villains or that aren’t normal humans without any powers like the ones you mentioned, Lois and Jimmy (since they haven’t ANY powers, they aren’t related to the topic, as Mirage wouldn’t be either).

So maybe a more proper example would be the X-Men stories. I think the mutants are akin to the super-powered beings on The Incredibles. And some of them display just one power while others have lots of different ones.

Anyone likes how Jack-Jack ignites his powers when he coughed or sneezed in the short Jack-Jack Attack?

Wheezysbestbud: Why do you pretend Vi isn’t there? You can PM me. I need to know now! 8D

Yes. Like Jack Jack, it’s not easy to simplify Superman’s powers in one word.

So true. Funny how we don’t have a name o describe all of Superman’s powers, but we call him Superman anyways.

Maybe Jack-Jack can be super-baby or Incredibaby? :laughing:

[quote=“The Star Swordsman”]
So true. Funny how we don’t have a name o describe all of Superman’s powers, but we call him Superman anyways.

Maybe Jack-Jack can be super-baby or Incredibaby? :laughing:[/quote

And when he’s not a baby anymore?..

How about Incredikid or Incrediboy (but I think his dad might disapprove), And when he’s all grown up and independent, he can assume an original name.

The Amazing…Jack-Jack!

If we gave a name that encompasses JJ’s powers in general, we could call it Pure Awesomeness. Whoops, that’s taken by Po of Kung Fu Panda…

I like Amazing Jack-Jack. It sounds so cute. Call me crazy, but its something I think Helen would name him.

Actually if you pay attention to Edna Mode’s demonstration room sequence you’ll see that Vi’s powers are really a variant of a single ability, the manipulation of electromagnetic fields. The invisibility part is her using the power to bend the visible spectrum of light around her and the force-field part is her using it to repel pretty much anything.

Notice that Vi never actually becomes invisible as you can still see her. Light just bends around her instead of bounding off.

Also, in reference to the demonstration room, two electromagnetic balls descend to replicate the invisible ability.

Superman’s abilities are complicated and I won’t geek out on them here. They’re all a part of his Kryptonian physiology though. The yellow sun super charges his cellular structure and his ability is something even some humans would have to a lesser degree if they lived on Krypton for a long enough time due to the differences between our two planets as seen in a great many comics. But yes, Superman’s ability is simply that he’s Kryptonian, not a host of just random things. Not anymore at a least.

Jack-Jack is likely loosely based on Franklin Richards, the son of Reed Richards and Sue Storm from Fantastic Four. He was considered the most powerful mutant on Earth for a time with reality manipulation and psionic abilities. Pretty much if he could dream it, he could do it! He has/had limited control and could go pretty much go any which way when he becomes an adult. But I wager Jack-Jack is along those lines but with the power turned inward. Franklin has the power to manipulate and change the structure of matter itself which fits what Jack-Jack does to himself to a T. As such I’d classify his power as personal molecular manipulation until I can come up with a better term.

Yes, I am that big of a geek. But I’m sure there’s someone on this board that’s a bigger dork than I am who can challenge me or prove me wrong. I hope they pop in on this thread.

I’m kind of… the apprentice of a comic book expert, not a comic book expert myself.

But from all I’ve learned, I think all you said is correct. So no challenge.

Sorry if I came off as boastful, I didn’t mean to. I just love this kind of thing.

Supes powers are kind of awesome. I guess I will geek out on them a little. He’s super-strong because Kryptonians had dense molecular structures to deal with the intense gravitational field of Krypton. Earth’s weaker gravity is also what allows him to fly.

He has different musculature that allows him to run at faster speeds.

Krypton’s red sun caused Kryptonians to not only see in a different spectrum but also to develop stronger eyesight. That’s why he has laser vision and telescopic sight.Both of which only exist in their super-capacity because of the yellow sun’s mega charge to his cells.

This overwhelming environment also calls for stronger lungs. So there you have his excursions into space, underwater, etc as well as his super breath.

Kryptonians had trained themselves to be able to control pretty much every part of their body through sheer will and/or technology. This matched with their superior brainpower explains why Superman isn’t crushing hands and bounding like Neil Armstrong every time he takes a step.

Yes, a lot of this sounds ridiculous and you wouldn’t be wrong to call him that. But Superman has a better and more logical explanation for his abilities than even some of the “non-powered” heroes. Which makes it a shame that people keep calling him unrealistic. He just needs good writers and a decent threat.

Back to the topic at hand, Jack-Jack’s powers turned outward could cause quite a bit of havoc. Not unlike Franklin has in the past. There could be a sequel in that. It’s not even loss of control. You pretty much just have a kid who didn’t know any better changing things before people’s very eyes. That’s super dangerous. What if he turned someone into a pizza or a golden statue or something? And no one would really have a solution at first. The potential is limitless. Much like Jack-Jack’s powers.

That’s really impressive, aerostarmonk! :open_mouth: Jack-Jack must be like the most powerful being i the whole of The Incredibles universe!

He definetely has a lot of potential IV. No one knows the extent to his powers, but the number of powers he’s diplaying, anything is possible.

…and he’s not even toilet-trained!! :smiley: Think about what it would be like when he’s about Violet’s age and in the peak of his abilities. He’d put the entire Justice League in the shade!

You’re right. Imagine, Baby devil Jack-Jack as a giant monster in his teenaged years. The laser beam shot from his eyes can be bigger than Cyclops’s concussion blast in X-men.