New Newt Information

When I read about this film Ia was like “eing?” but then I thought on the trash compactor, the floating house with balloons, etc… and… well… maybe this is also awesome… I mean they can take a thing that would be silly if done by anybody else and make a piece of art out of it, so… Go Newt!!

Heh…after more than 20 years of watching Pixar films…I can never imagine a film from them to have a rating higher than PG. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the only PG-rated Pixar film is The Incredibles. This would be the second PG-rated film if this film is what some of you might expect. :unamused: Also, I don’t know much about the director (he directed Lifted, right? ), so I don’t know what to expect. All I can say now is that the story looks interesting and I look forward to it! :smiley:

I’ve grown up with Pixar movies all my life (I was born in 1995, which is a big year in Pixar history) and it would definately be a change to see a PG-13 movie. I mean, it would be cool to have a more grown-up movie for the fact that I’m growing up. It will be a great way to keep me entertained with Pixar movies. But another thing is it may not be the best idea for a PG-13 movie too, for little kids love Pixar too. I would be happy though whether or not it was G, PG, or PG-13.

we’ll just wait and see :smiley:

It’s awesome if it’s PG-13…
Can’t wait for it !

From the director of Lifted?

Well, it was brilliant, but [spoil]the death of the farmer’s family and, after that, the farmer[/spoil] was something I wasn’t expecting :laughing:

You mean in Lifted? You’re making two assumptions there and you know what they say about when you assume something.

Yeah, I’m making assumptions. Don’t know what they say xD Don’t take me too seriously. I love Lifted, by the way xD

Its up to them to save their spices
… stars in Pixar’s first PG13 movie
Newt
Rated PG13
Coming 2012 :smiley:

ok the story seems strange but it is pixar…
[this is what i said about up until i knew more about it]

I’m sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but I really can’t see a film that is most likely centred on a pair of talking newts (yes, an assumption, but having the two main characters silent throughout the entire film is quite unlikely, I think) being rated a 13. :laughing:

Yes, I think Pixar will stick to it’s young audience, anthropomorphic animals always tend to lean that way…

We don’t really know enough about the story yet to judge a certificate for it!

I hope its PG13 :smiley:

Why would Pixar limit it’s audience by doing a pg-13 film? It’ll never happen. Hell, I bet even john carter will be a mild PG.

wow you replied fast, anyways, I think it would be cool!

Come on guys, think! In every Pixar movie so far, about 76% of the audience is children! PG-13 would make Pixar lose about 80% of the profits they would of made if it was G! I like when I see kids at Pixar movies and they are just laughing their head off. They have to best time! Pretend you are a kid who really wants to see Newt, they already know it’s their favorite. Then there’s trailers and, to their surprise, they won’t get to see it! Poor kid! But I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens…

I think we only know the beggining of the story. It’s like seeing the firts trailer of WALL·E, with him working and the spaceship and no more…

soue1313 - Who says Pixar won’t be successful branching off it’s current target market? Creativity should never be restricted just because of “marketing issues” - hell, even I think that it wouldn’t even be a marketing issue at all! One can’t imagine what Pixar would make for a older age market because one hasn’t seen what Pixar could make for an older age market. Give them trust & I’m sure they’ll venture off successfully into catering to an wider range of audiences.

And, quite frankly, if parents are letting kids play today’s video games (without branching off to a discussion about it), undoubtedly parents will let their kid to see a “more mature” Newt. In fact, I saw a cinema packed with small kids when I watched Don’t Mess With The Zohan, which has a 12+ rating.

Lastly, with no doubt there will be the same format of humour we all know and love by Pixar injected into all of their movies, regardless of the themes. No doubt at all.

You this might be the very first Pixar movie that I find somewhat boring…but I guess it’s a little too soon to make assumptions like that (or wonder about the rating or storyline or anything of the sort) :wink:

well,um