• Good
  • Meh
  • Bad

0 voters

New Princess in the Frog Footage!

[warning, small UP spoiler in the opening ten seconds]

slashfilm.com/2009/05/04/new … -the-frog/

Holy mackerel… :open_mouth:

Thanks Geoff CB! That was an amazing find! I wouldn’t exactly call the first ten seconds a spoiler unless the viewer hasn’t seen the new trailer, but John Lasseter… oh my gosh!

This is so wicked! :smiley: Mr Lasseter, you’re my hero! As if you didn’t make one of my fantasy movie ideas of talking cars come true, you have brought back the resurgence of “hand-drawn animation” (with a little help from computers of course) we’ve all been waiting for!

Oh man, oh man, oh man!

Prince Naveen is such a lothario. He reminds me a bit of the airhead Prince Edward from Enchanted. :wink: And Princess Tiana looks stunning!

Some choice quotes:

[spoiler]]Naveen:"Kissing would be nice, yes?
Tiana screams.
Naveen: “I am… Prince Naveen!”
SPLAT! :laughing:

Tiana: “One kiss?”
Naveen: “One kiss… unless you beg for more… slurp!”[/spoiler]

Witch-doctor villain, banjo-playing alligator, cajun firefly, this is off the charts! :slight_smile: I’m so happy that they’ve gone with a concept that is so original and a time period and setting that has never been done before! This is unprecedented! This will be spectacular! :smiley:

I’d suggest you post this under the existing PtaF thread, Geoff CB, but thanks for the heads-up! :smiley:

This is very cool. It looks like it will be really amusing to say the least! That frog really cracked me up! December 11, ay? I hope I can wait that long! That really piqued my interest even more

I think I peed in my pants! :laughing: This is so amazing I can’t wait for the full trailer!

This definitely bumped up my expectations. The animation is better than I could’ve imagined and it’s funnier than I thought it would be from that one clip. I can’t wait; this’ll definitely stand out among the “mindless CGI talking animal comedy” stereotype of animation.

I’m going to have to lock this thread because there is already a thread for The Princess and the Frog. If it were a Pixar film, a thread about new information/footage/images would be allowed, but for Disney/other animation, one thread is enough for all information for that film.