New Short - Alien Abduction

What’s WALE. And I’m not sure wether to belive this or

not.

Well all i can say is, it IS legit. I don’t know why they showed it to us, but we

were told it was finished very recently before we saw it. It was definatly a complete short as well, not just

half.

I suppose in their best interests I wont try and explain the whole plot as it is just a short

anyways, plus it really wouldn’t do it justice.

I must say though that the idea of SCI-Fi definatly

caught me off guard with them as I started watching it, but believe me shortly after it started, it felt like

Pixar all over it. As soon as you saw the characters (just 2 of them really), it was friendly again. The

lighting guy really did a great job on this one as well…

If I can ever find the video of it, i will

definatly post it. Until then … be excited for it I guess… I can’t imagine them waiting another whole year

to slap it into Ratatouile… something tells me we will see it before that… and hopefully

soon!

If your dying to know the spoiler just msg me, i can try and write up the whole thing, but

IMO your better off just waiting to see it.

Bests All,

[quote="RMS

Oceanic"]

You might even try

‘skeptical’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting theory there, Dash! Aliens for the win!
[/quote]
Yeah . . .

I think both of us deserve “to lose a few points,” eh, Dash? :wink:

W.A.L.-E. is

the rumored title of the film after Ratatouille coming either in 2008 or (as I beleive) in 2009.

And you

seem pretty confident on this Boschb, so I’ll take your word that this something PIXARish . . . but I’m still

unsure if this could be a Short, a W.A.L.-E. Teaser, or maybe something new altogether (PIXAR DOES think outside

the box, guys!)

Does WALE stand for anything, that’d be a really sucky name.

It should, I mean the title is actually

“W.A.L.-E” since there’s periods between each letter it makes sense. I don’t think anyone execpt

Pixar knows exactly what it stands for yet :confused:.

Edited by KE
No text/IM language, please.

LMAO, this sounds a bit silly. W.A.L.-E

Yeah, W.A.L.-E. does look

odd, but hey, I trust PIXAR to know what they’re doing.

Mind you, it’s there’s only so many sources

that say THIS IS THE NAME. In reality it may change soon enough . . . we just aren’t that sure.

But that

‘-’ in between the ‘L’ and ‘E’ is growing on me!

I’m sure it means the name of an organization of

some sort.

I still think that would be a rubbish

name.

Hmm…Well, sci-fi is a genre that Pixar hasn’t really touched upon yet, but this short

sounds a little bit like they’re going down the MI road- MI was about monsters who scared because it was their

job, not because they’re mean, and it sounds as though they’re giving the aliens in this short personalities to

make it as though their abductions are just a part of their job.

It should be good.

Sounds fun!
But I’m still very skeptical, a brand new

SHORT? Already finished? More than a half year before Ratatouille?
Maybe they will put on the DVD? But I

can’t believe it’s the short before Ratatouille.

If memory serves, Bounding was released in 2003, and One Man Band was

released in 2005, both one year before their attached films. It’s perfectly reasonable to assume that Pixar have

a completed short, ready for Ratatouille.

If memory

serves, Bounding was released in 2003, and One Man Band was released in 2005, both one year before their attached

films. It’s perfectly reasonable to assume that Pixar have a completed short, ready for

Ratatouille.
[/quote]

that what I was thanking to

Yeah, I wonder what the characters will look

like.

So, my gut-feeling that Pixar had an alien short in the works might be true after all…

:wink:

Has there been any conformation on the date? I think

W.A.L.-E first popped up in an interview of some artist but I never remembered there being a hint at what year it

was going to be released. Lasseter said they have many projects in the works, W.A.L.- E could just be one of

those many, and for all we know it might be still be years off.

Just thinkin’ aloud there…

:stuck_out_tongue:

HEY!

Jim Hill did an article hinting that Pixar was doing something involving some type of monsters…Could this be

it?

Yeah, it could be!

Oh yeah. I understand. Cause all the shorts

were nominated a year before they were released to the movie.
So, wouldn’t it be funny (or not), if the

Academy would nominate this Short and the Mater-short in the same category? :stuck_out_tongue: :confused:

Rule is that the film mus

premeire for the first time in the prior calendar year at one of many recognized film festivals or the academy’s

theater in LA to be eligible for an Award. The shorts have been nominated a year in advance because they

continuously debut at these festivals prior to their wide release with the movies. The movie based shorts

however have yet to see theatrical releases thus none are eligible for Oscars. Pixar has just over 3 months to

debut a new short in order to be open for Accademy competition in that category.

Not if it standed for Woody and Light years Encore. i

think that would be cool doesnt everyone?