Newt Vs. WALL-E

Sadly, I know little-nothing about Newt, so my opinion is invalid here. :frowning:

all the more sad, now that it’s cancelled

Wall.e was good, but Newt sounded like a good idea.
I know, it’s sad that they canceled it, to my feeling, it was all Disneys idea.
But no Pixar idea gets shelved.

Was Newt ever OFFICIALLY canceled, or are we still going by rumors?

I thought Newt could be the voice-equivalent to Wall-E in my liking, it could really get to me how two people who feel so much hatred for each other must bond somehow for the future of their race?

Ooh, maybe a dramatic ending too? (female or male dies???)

actually when I first read about Newt, Wall-E came inmediatly to my mind too, hoping Pixar decides to continue with this wonderful idea

i guess the movie has been canceled and seriously man you cant compare it Wall E. Which was a great movie.

Perhaps in the future they will have another romance centered film, like WALL-E.

I was never interested in Newt, so the thought never crossed my mind. But, I guess they are pretty similar ideas.

be their make Newt into a short film.

I thought Newt had alot of potential. If you seen the concept art, it could of been up there along with Ratatouille and Up which were the more colorful films from Pixar.

I admit, given WALL-E as a recent masterpiece, another silent movie would have been too much, and it would inevitably be compared to Andrew Stanton’s work for the rest of its lives. But anywhooo, I’m still kinda not over the fact that we’ll not get to see Newt in big screen for, allegedly, ever. Why oh why did Blue Sky have to come out with a crappy Rio and spoil all the fun for us Pixar fans???

If I am God (which I’m not) and have my way, the Pixar slate would have looked like this:
June 2011: newt
June 2012: Brave
November 2012: Cars 2 (to appease Lasseter’s fanboyism to the Cars world)
June 2013: Monsters University
November 2013: Dinosaurs movie
May 2014: Mind-boggling movie
May 2015: Lee Unkrich movie

And then a Teddy Newton/Angus MacLane movie, an Andrew Stanton movie, an Incredibles sequel by Brad Bird all to follow suits. Life would be complete!!

Yes! I’d totally love that! Have you actually heard any rumors, or is that completely just wishful thinking? :slight_smile:

Would you guys like it if Newt came back as a short?

It’s all wishful thinking, of course! But when tidbits like this come out, it makes me think that a Newton/MacLane full-length feature in the horizon might not be too far-fetched.

and

[/quote]
movies.ign.com/articles/121/1212487p1.html

Well, I sure hope they’ll do one together! That’d be so awesome! :-D)

I would like to see Newt back on the road, but it seems to be pretty impossible at the moment

what about Bud Luckey, what is he doing???, what about the rumor of the western pixar movie that he was supposed to be developing,

and Michael Arndt?, is he really working on the Phineas and Ferb film??, such a waste of time, IMO

That was a rumor, and Luckey is semi-retired. (They got him to come back to do some early work on TS3)

I don’t think I’d mind either way. But I doubt that’d happen either.

I would be fine with whatever material Pixar wants to give us, I have been in love with Newt’s characters for a long time,