Nexas's Investigations: Ratatouille Issue 1

I did always wonder why Remy picked ratatouille. I mean, it’s a common kind of food that would be unexpected to make for a restaurant critic (which is relevant to Remy), but he probably didn’t know that, and it seems a little anticlimactic for it just to be because of the pun…

Good point.

kageri- I think it might also have been because he was trying to make the point that good food doesn’t have to be fancy, and the best food should take you back to your childhood, just like Ego was taken back to his. Also, Remy deciding to cook ratatouille is quite unexpected (if you ignore the title of the film, of course) so I think it was meant to be surprising and to represent Remy himself, since he’s a pretty surprising little chef.

Actually…when you think about it…Remy IS basically a country rat…so maybe he had seen ratatouille prepared before…albiet the one we see in the film is more or less his own style “how would you make it”.
Maybe Ma…ahem…the old woman at the start made Ratatouille at some point. Maybe something that was easily prepared doing her war days.