Official Teaser/Trailer Discussion

About Bookworm:

[spoil]He’s the one who finds Buzz Lightyear’s instructive.[/spoil]

And about the UK release, in IMDB says it’s the 23th.

The date that I’ve seen on all the movie posters and things like that is the 23rd, but then I was thrown into doubt about that when Lee Unkrich himself, through his Twitter feed, announced that the release date for the UK had moved forward by two days to the 21st.

So in short, I don’t know, but I’d like to believe what Lee Unkrich said.

Does Ken ever say “aloha” in the movie, because when I went on vacation to Hawaii, Ken did a Hawaiian impression. I wonder if it’s an exclusive thing.

I think it’s from one of the Ken’s Dating Tips vignettes.

Do English versions of these spots exist?
youtube.com/watch?v=to53nrtL … re=channel

Check the guys videos for others like it with different characters.

I’m pretty sure they’re all made up of lines from the movie. Tried my best from the lip sync to figure these out:

Ken & Barbie: Oh, I’ll see you again tonight…in my dreams.
Ken: And this, this is where I live. It’s got a disco, a dune buggy, and a whole room just for trying on clothes. Groovy, huh?
Mr. Pricklepants: Well, excuse me! I’m trying to stay in character!
Lotso: Just you wait. You’ll find being donated was the best thing that ever happened to you!
Buttercup: [spoil]He may seem plush and huggable on the outside, but on the inside, he’s a monster.[/spoil]

By the way, is it just me or does the Ken animation there look really unfinished? Even for the way Ken normally moves.

Your probably right, though I kinda assumed they were new lines where they messed up. to fit with the audition theme.

Sounds like he’s saying “Jabba the Hutt” at the beginning.

Cool videos, I’d even be happy with just subtitles.

Found one with Buttercup in english: youtube.com/watch?v=3kxSGN8Y … re=channel

Oh, I paid special attention to the plunger toy that we thought was Flik. It was a blue bunny (sorry if this was already mentioned). There was one scene where they showed it from the front.

I just noticed that one of those mission trailers was never released for jessie or bullseye!

That’s right. Nor one for Slinky, or the Aliens.

There was only like, 3 so most of the cast didn’t get any,

Yeah, I would of liked to see a Jessie one, oh well!

Hey guys, sorry to bump this, I don’t have anything new to add, just 2 things Im hoping someone can help me find.

there was a tv spot or something for TS3 that featured Slinky hanging from the top of the screen on a white background holding a sign, it may have been in another language, Spanish maybe? anyone know what Im talking about and where I might find it? I think it was posted somewhere in this thread but wouldnt know where to begin to look.

The second thing is Lee mentioned in his formspring that there were some spots that featured shots of Andy that got cut from the final film, do we know which one he could have been talking about?

Kyle: I remember seeing that on a Disney Channel bumper. Might be difficult to find.

And I think the cut shot he was talking about was [spoil]“Woody’s no ordinary toy”[/spoil].

That shot of Slinky was used a lot to hold up “Coming Soon” signs and such, it’s the same animation from the film when he’s holding down Woody behind the Monkey I think. I’m pretty sure the “Woody’s no ordinary toy” was used, but Bonnie’s leg is in the background in the real film (maybe they didn’t want that to be seen). I know the “We all knew this day was coming” from the first film was cut though

They just substituted the dialouge I think.

In the final film “We all knew this day was coming” is from a front angle, and the animation is completely changed. It’s still there though.

The lipsynced part of “Woody’s no ordinary toy” was cut, though the junior novel doesn’t have that line (which is based on a near-final version of the script), so it might’ve been done just for the trailer. I guess the box and Bonnie were just removed for spoilers.

I’m wondering why they changed the lighting in the Spanish Buzz scene. Was it just unfinished, or was it a last minute change?

Well if anyone finds that footage of slink that would be cool. I might want to use it for something. Going to put my own words on the sign.

About the “we all knew this day was coming” shot, it wasn’t cut, just changed. they used a different take of Tom saying the same line, and re animated it to be more forceful in tone, less sympathetic and worried. I guess they decided Woody wanted to create the illusion that he wasn’t as worried as he was in private with Buzz moments later.