Our own "Woodys"

eggy, I could’ve called this post “our own Buzzes” but that might’ve brought up a discussion over the qualities of Pilsner vs other brewing companies. ROFL -Omar

I’m sorry, but the title of this thread made me laugh. xD Okay, okay… I have poor taste… back on topic… :stuck_out_tongue:

My Woody was a Sebastian doll! I had a Flounder doll as well that I loved, but I never loved him as much as Sebastian . My mom said that I used to carry him EVERYWHERE I used to bring him to the grocery store, kindergarden, trips, the park, EVERYWHERE! I remember I used to make little stories with him and all my other toys…and I remember I used to pretend I was Ariel and put my blue conforter on the floor and pretend it was the ocean and Sebastian and I would go on adventures.

Haha. It took me forever to give him up…and now after seeing TS3…I kind of feel guilty about it. Flounder and Sebastian were like Woody and Buzz to me… :frowning:

My Woody is my teddy bear Rocky Rocky. I have had him since the day I was born; my dad bought him in the hospital gift shop. I think it is beacause of my love for this bear that I have always been a Woody fan over Buzz.

Mine, too, was a teddy bear. I called him “Reddy”, and he was always there when I needed him. Of course, by the time I was around 10 I was “too grown up” for a teddy bear, so I stopped playing with him. But my mom carefully put him away, and years later she surprised me be giving him back to me as a gift.

He is still proudly on display at my house.

I actually had two "Woody"s. The first was a white stuffed cat with a rattle inside named Kitty that I’d had since I was a baby. The second was an African American doll with a ragdoll body and plastic head/feet/hands like Woody. She was given to me by a friend in the third grade before that friend moved away, so I named the doll Gabby after her. Sadly, a couple years ago our family dog got a hold of both of them, an my mom wouldn’t let me keep the shredded remains. :cry: I still have my “Buzz” equivalent (a Kim Possible doll), but I really miss Kitty and Gabby.

My own “Woody” would be a plush toy of Shenzi, one of the hyenas from The Lion King, which I got when I was nine. When The Lion King first came out, in 1994, my favourite characters by far were the hyenas, and it sparked off a whole new hyena obsession in me. I wanted to have plush toys of all three of the main hyenas, Shenzi, Banzai and Ed, so that I could have my own hyena army (much like Scar :smiling_imp: ), but only Shenzi (the female hyena, who was voiced by Whoopi Goldberg) actually had one at the time, so she ended up becoming my lone hyena henchwoman. I was utterly besmitten with this toy, and used to carry her around everywhere with me. But no one else seemed to like her very much. My dad always used to comment that he never understood how I could cuddle up to something with such a sinister-looking facial expression. :stuck_out_tongue:

Years and years have now passed, and even though I don’t play with my evil-looking hyena toy any more (nor am I the rabid Lion King fan I once was, though I still like hyenas), I still know exactly where she is in case I ever need her again – namely, stored away in a linen basket in my old bedroom at my parents’ house (along with many of my other childhood toys).

My Woody’s a stuffed Blue from the show Blue’s Clues. I’ve had her since I was 2 and never plan to give her up. :slight_smile:

My Woody is probably a teddy bear that I received when I was 1 or 2 years old. He is still in pretty good condition, apart from a few minor tears and general “wear and tear”.

But in terms of multi-role toys played with in the way Andy plays with his toys (that is, they assume different identities/roles), my Woody would probably be She-Ra and Bow from the old cartoon series. I ended up with those figures as something of a “mistake” since I’m a guy and my step-father didn’t permit me to have any toys of female characters, but my grandmother gave me She-Ra and Bow for Christmas one year (I think she won them in a competition and didn’t know what to do with them) and I ended up being allowed to keep them.

Since they didn’t fit aesthetically with my He-Man and Masters of the Universe figures and since I didn’t have any similar looking figures, She-Ra and Bow became the “default” figures for a range of characters like James Bond and his required “damsel in distress”, Robin Hood and Maid Marian, King Arthur and Guinevere, Indiana Jones and Marion/Willie, Jack and Joan (Romancing the Stone), Han Solo and Princess Leia, etc. The necessary “villains” would be sourced from another action figure range depending on the “role”, but She-Ra and Bow would normally end up playing the “hero” and “heroine” roles.

My youngest sibiling’s “Woody” would have to be this small orange dinosaur made of plush. He calls it Rhino.

Just wanted to share a pic of Jordan and Jan; basically my own Woody and Bo.

-Omar

The Woody to my Andy had to have been my teddy bear I called Chubby. He wasn’t really that chubby - I just thought it was the appropriate name for a teddy bear. He’s cream colored and feels a bit rough, like the carpet in my house. Whenever I was required to bring a stuffed animal to school, Chubby would be the one to come. We once had to choose a piece of string that we thought might best match the circumference of our toy’s waist. Thanks to my keen eye, the one I chose for Chubby fit perfectly. And so it went.

I wasn’t huge on toys when I was little, at least, not in the sense that they were “played” with. They were more of my personal bedroom council. Alongside Chubby were two other bears, my Buzz and Jessie. Their names are Philadelphia (a dark brown bear, and that’s what it said on his sweater, so the name stuck) and Rouge (woven with pink, yellow, and orange fuzzy thread). I treated them with reverence and would never play roughly with them, which I slightly regret not doing looking back. I believe they’re sitting in the attic above me In a black plastic bag, as if waiting for me to counsel with them again.

actionman81 I love Jordan’s earing! Very stylish!

I never had ONE toy that was my favorite and that I liked as much as Andy liked Woody.

I was the type of kid who loved to play with rocks and acorns :laughing:
I had loads of hot wheels, barbies, and lincoln logs, and legos.

But I think my favorite play thing was a plastic kitchen that was just the right size for me, and that I would pretend I’d cook in.

Thanks; years ago I’d removed the original earring (and the ponytail embedded in the back of his head). I tried putting a paper clip in there, like a microphone/headphone type thing once; I had horrid modeling skills at age 11.

Geeking here- Jan was originally a Mattel Barbie Splash N Color Teresa. Jordan was a Hasbro NKOTB Jordan Knight in Concert. -Omar

my first woody is woody. a year after i was born my mom showed me toy story(i was born in 97). i obssessed and she got me a guitar playing. i plan on getting tsc woody and playing with him, but i still own my first one.

I was an odd child, obsessed with World War 2 history, so I had literally hundreds of army men. I actually found some of German and other Axis soldiers as well, and would “recreate” battles as best I could. My fave was the “Navarone Mountain playset” that came with 50 German soldiers in white plastic! It was a four story playset with two gun decks, an elevator and several vehicles!

Star Wars figures. I had so many. I used to use a white heating blanket to simulate the battle of Hoth. I had around 25 rebel troopers and four rebel gun turrets and three AT-ATs and 50 snow and regular storm troopers. it was epic!

I also had several G.I Joe figures, from the cartoon in the 80’s. My fave was Lady Jane. I took her and Snake Eyes and a rotating crew of others everywhere.

I had a Garfield plush that soaked up a lot of tears during some hard years.

Thanks Garfield…