Partly Cloudy

Nope, that would be Knick Knack which was originally shot in and if you want to get technical, Knick Knack’s re-release with The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3D, and to get even more technical, from the new generation of shorts, that would be Tokyo Mater.
Partly Cloudy would be Pixar’s first 3D short film to accompany their own feature.

I think this will be a good short! I love how they are consistant with shorts, so we dont have to wait 2 years for a new movie, we can get a new short within the duration between films. :smiley:

Thanks! I forgot about Knick Knack and Tokyo Mater. I haven’t seen either in 3-D. Partly Cloudy will, I’m sure, be amazing whether it’s in 3-D or not. If it’s not in 3-D, than if people have their glasses on they will likely think it’s in 3-D. When I saw Bolt people were ooing and aweing at the Witch Mountain trailer which wasn’t even in 3-D.

I hope that we know what this is about soon. From the title, it could be anything.

And the 3-D thing is quite interesting, in that if someone had never seen a 3-D movie before, (or had taken off their glasses at one, and seen that it is a double image, and then checked that what they were watching now was indeed a double image), then they would think that it was in 3-D. This means that if you had a group of people who had never seen 3-D before, and you gave them 3-D glasses to watch a regular movie, then they may very well be commentating on the fact that the effect, while good, is very subtle indeed…

• C-3PO

Ah man… I’m terrible at predicting things like this. A lot of your predictions look like the real thing, though! They sound like things Pixar would do. But I guess we’ll all just have to wait! :frowning:

While it does sound as if it could be related to UP, they usually dont do that with the ones they release in theaters with their movies. I could totally get into a mythology premise though! It’d be cool to see Pixar’s take on that. I could just imagine it being about Zeus or something.

I prefer to not know what this will be about. I think it’s cooler for shorts know nothing before.

But… :unamused: :laughing:

WIth a name like this, they could go in any direction with this one! Im excited!

I agree. It could be about anything! I’ve actually never known a thing about Pixar shorts until I see them in the theater, so I’ll be looking forward to seeing this ahead of UP! :slight_smile: And I totally didn’t think about the 3D thing…I saw Bolt before Tokyo Mater was out, so this will be my first Pixar 3D short. So I’ll get a full dose Pixar 3D in May.

With the new[spoil] Baby/Stork[/spoil] plot I’m not as exicted as I first was. Hase’nt anyone at Pixar heard of Dumbo?!! Well it’s the film that matters… :unamused: I like the Greek mythology thing better. :laughing:

Yeah I’m suprised no one has been commenting on the new information of Partly Cloudy.

I’ve been looking for the still of Gus and Peck. If anyone has it please inform me ASAP.

FIRST POST

You can buy the Disney twenty-three magazine, where you can find the BEAUTIFUL concept art of Gus and Peck, at The Disney Store.

Is there any scans anywhere online?
Do you have any any?

I would scan the picture, but seeing as this is copyrighted material that was printed in a sealed magazine, Disney obviously wants you to buy this edition. I highly recommend it too, it’s a great magazine for Pixar fans, and I’d like to stay on Disney and Pixar’s good side.
But you can search around the net… good luck!

Personally, I think that the plot line is adorable, even if it is a bit reminiscent of Dumbo. Then again, the dated children’s tale of [spoil]storks delivering youngsters[/spoil] is well-known and has been played upon several times before, so it’s not as if Pixar is stealing anything from a previous Disney film. That said, I’m looking forward to Partly Cloudy. It will be interesting to see how Mr. Sohn handles the directorial reigns.

– Mitch

It does sound sweet, and although the general idea has been used before, I’m sure Pixar will put their own little twist on it. And yep, I’d love to buy the magazine- is it available at Disney shops worldwide? Or is that a stupid question? :stuck_out_tongue:

Trust me I’ve been searching around the net non stop since sunday.

lizardgirl - You can learn more about this special, D23 magazine via this link:

Special Report: Disney 23 and Up

The subscription price is approximately $75.00 a year, I believe, and, if I’m not much mistaken, it’s more for those who live overseas/across from the U.S. It sucks, but I guess it’s worth it in special cases. Heh.

– Mitch

Okay I finally read the spoiler… :unamused: This could possibly be the best Pixar short yet! :stuck_out_tongue:

But there are no Disney Stores in Australia and for some inexplicable reason Disney insists on charging double or even triple the postage and handling costs for an item ordered from their website, than what is usually charged over eBay. If I had this magazine and I knew others didn’t have access to it I would scan and share it on this forum quick smart (like I have done with other exclusive Pixar-related magazines in the past). That’s what being a fan is all about. Do you think you could make an exception for us international Pixar fans, Martin?

On a lighter note, at first I thought the idea was weird, but come on: clouds! How cute! I can’t wait to see what it looks like.