PItbulllady's Art

Lazy Weekend? ^0^

It looks really awesome- nice and neat, and you got the perspective without flaws, it seems. Really good job.

pitbulllady - Lovely rendering job, and nice work on getting all of Randall’s proportions spot on, as well! :smiley:

– Mitch

I think Nexas’ title suggestion would work…though I would like to make modification to that title…if I may…

“Having an Average Weekend”…sorry, for some reason I couldn’t get that song out of my head when I read Nexas’ suggestion of “Lazy Weekend”.

I love it, pitbulllady. It’s definitely a scene I can imagine, and it’s sweet how Randall is multi-tasking to the max- coffee, changing channels and reading! The lighting from the TV is really effective and the little details you’ve added, like the feet of the sofa and the dangling iPod make this seem like a really natural picture.

It’s kinda interesting in how people respond to this particular pic, since it’s one that I consider a “glorified doodle”, lol. I really didn’t set out to create anything in particular, but more or less worked on “autopilot” while watching to make sure that no one cheated on the test, or fell asleep or answered questions in the wrong section of the answer document! It was like the doodles I make while on the phone, a naturally-evolving, if you will, creation, that largely “just happened” as if by itself.

It’s fun, though, to try and figure out what Randall would do with all those limbs, while engaged in different activities, but it’s also a challenge, so I can appreciate the effort that the Pixar animators must have put into bringing him to life onscreen. Having all those limbs also takes the concept of “multi-tasking” to a whole new level!

pitbulllady

Of course here, it looks like he’s trying to occupy his mind :slight_smile: What shall I do? Read? Listen to music? Enjoy my coffee…gulp…well did that…T.V.? ^0^

I got some inspiration from “Lazy Pirate Day” from uhh…Epic Movie :slight_smile:

Really cool pitbulllady :wink: ! I really like your first one of Randall. That’s scarey cool! The second one’s really creative, too. I like how you put “Radiator Springs” on the street sign. That last one is totally awesome, as well. Simply brilliant. :slight_smile:

I finished this one today, again, during monitoring of testing, based on a thumbnail I made on a Post-It note pad yesterday. It started out initially to be a fun piece, emphasising Randall’s ability to multi-task like nobody’s business, but as it progressed, the piece became more and more sombre in tone, and it suddenly occurred to me what this was-a moment captured during what might have been Randall’s last return home, from work. The Scream Extractor is mostly finished, and he’s worn out from two years of little sleep, no social life or love life whatsoever, of Waternoose breathing down his back…he’s full of hope that this thing will finally grant him the respect and admiration and fame and fortune he’s always wanted, but still has plenty of doubts that it will work, even though it HAS to, or that his boss will deliver on HIS end of the bargain. Most of all, he’s relieved that it’s almost over, that he can finally get some SLEEP. Sadly, what Randall thinks is that soothing light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, is, to paraphrase Metallica’s “No-Leaf Clover”, “just a freight train comin’ his way.”

I named this piece “November Rain”, after the Guns 'N Roses song of the same title, since the events of the movie, Monsters, Inc., take place in early November.

See if you can spot a few other Pixar references in this pic.

pitbulllady

Very nice pitbulllady. I loved the story behind it. The picture itself is really intriguing. I could tell there was something going on in his head. And you know you did a good job when your viewers can see that even before reading the story. I say well done. Your pics are some of the most expressive I’ve seen on Pixar Planet.

Nice one, Pitbullady! :smiley:
I like how you had a backstory to November Rain, and it shows in Randall’s expression. Very melancholic. And yes, I caught the A113 and Gusteau references. Are there any more I missed? :wink:
I also liked your earlier piece of him sitting on the couch channel-surfing. Your shading skills are impeccable!
I’d like to see you try a coloured artpiece next, if you’re up for it. :smiley:

Right now, due to the time it takes to do a colored piece, and the fact that I usually create these digitally on my home computer, colored pieces will have to wait. It’s the end of the school year, and things are really hectic, so if I can’t sketch a piece while at work, it can’t get done. I don’t even have a school computer anymore, since mine crashed. They cannot afford to replace it.

There IS one more reference, though if you’re not a big fan of Monsters, Inc., you might miss it.

pitbulllady

Hmm, is the other reference what it says on the plastic bag, Tony’s? I believe that’s the fruit and veg shop shown near the beginning of Monsters, Inc..

This is a sweet picture. I really like the expression on his face, sort of thoughtful and satisfied yet perhaps a tad worried…And all of the little details really make this piece special, like how he’s carrying the umbrella with his tail and that he’s wearing a watch- something I found strangely absent from the film! I also like how you’ve gone all out with his scales as well, that must’ve taken a while to finish. Nice work, pitbulllady.

I was only able to spot the A113 in your picture pitbulllady. But I was more distracted with your picture. Holy cow it looks so incredible. So perfectly drawn and nicely shaded.

That’s it-the shopping bag is from Tony’s Grossery, which we see in the movie.

I found it rather odd that someone who seems as controlled by competition as Randall did not wear a watch myself, since highly competitive people often are very observant of time, in my experience. Plus, Randall is also controlled by a deadline, and that would involve time as well. Perhaps he wears such things as the watch, the jump drive and employee ID card to work, but has to take them off and keep them in his locker while he’s actually on the Scare Floor, since Randall’s Scare technique involves him becoming invisible-and the things he wears would NOT blend along with him, unless they were designed by Edna Mode! They would give his presence away when he didn’t want to be discovered, plus those pieces of personal effects would look really strange just drifting around all by themselves in mid-air. I debated whether to give him a rain coat or other clothing, since in the “Disney Adventures” comic, we see that Randall DOES wear pajamas to bed, and the since he lives alone the only logical reason to do that would be to keep warm(another indicator that Randall is NOT a cold-blooded reptile as many think, since you can’t keep warm by wearing clothes unless you have body heat to hold in, and reptiles don’t), so it would make sense that he’d wear clothing to and from work and probably take them off once he’s in the heated building so they won’t interfere with his Scaring, but I decided to torment myself drawing scales once again.

pitbulllady

You just had to reveal THAT bit of info ^0^ :laughing:

What an incredibly detailed piece, pitbulllady! Very nice! Why did you choose to color only the leaf on top of the roof and his eye?

That’s a really good sketch! I like the little bits of color there are in it. And there’s so much detail! Good job!

Man, gotta resurrect this!

Couple of more-recent Randall fanart pieces, one that I did back when school first started and one that I just completed today…both having their “genesis” on copier paper.

I figured that Randall would be an Ace basketball player, hence the inspiration for this one, which started out as a simple pencil sketch, completed digitally in Corel Painter: His pose was borrowed from the “Jordans” shoe logo, by the way, just up-graded to accomodate the extra limbs!

This one is the latest, also starting out as a simply pencil drawing on copier paper, inked in with a black marker I found on the floor in the hall at school(that is apparently a permanent fine-line marker)which none of the students would claim, painted with the remnants of an old kiddie watercolor set and some White-Out I borrowed from one of my studens(the snowflakes), photographed and uploaded with a digital camera and touched up with a few digital enhancements. Randall would be hard to beat in a snowball fight, with FOUR arms, so I wanted to show that from his opponent’s perspective, as well as trying to see what he’d look like in winter clothes, complete with “Tims” and a tail warmer…gotta keep all those appendages warm, after all!

pitbulllady

I love your latest, piece, pitbulllady- Randall looks great in warm, winter clothing. And yes, he would be quite the opponent in a snowball fight! That grin on his face says it all!